Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-13-2023, 12:20 PM   #1
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Arrow K40 - Custom Installed RADAR + LASER KIT

Hey Team, Happy to announce my K40 custom installed kit has arrived.
I am hoping to make time to start the install this weekend. Although they recommend professional install... the kind folks at K40 sent me some helpful diagrams, and photos from another Camaro install... Super excited to have the added protection for piece of mind driving.

I plan to keep good notes during the install so I can provide everyone a decent write up should you be interested in installing yourself also.

Stay tuned

Oh, here is a link to the kit...

https://k40.com/product/platinum360-...adar-detector/

Attached Images

ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 08:31 AM   #2
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Curious... has anyone else here installed this kit on their car?
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
Old 10-19-2023, 12:03 PM   #3
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Surprised no one else here has ventured out here and done one of these kits... Well, that said, my install is now complete, tested the unit last night and it's 100% operational, and stealth... Just the way I wanted it.

High level thoughts...

1. This kit is 100% awesome... K40 did a great job with the product and quality.
2. This kit is intended for a professional install, but can 100% be a DIY so long you are familiar with 12v systems, comfortable routing and fishing some wire, and have the patience. I am surprised they don't push that more.
3. I think this took me about 10-12 hours... which saved me about $2,500
4. I have some video, and more photos if anyone needs help with theirs. K40 states this installed system has much better range and radar sensitivity, as well as the benefits of the laser jammers.

Looking forward to providing some of the drive time results. Stay tuned
Attached Images