#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-25-2023, 12:34 PM   #15
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasser.almousawi View Post
Hello everyone. so after further testing and trouble shooting, we found that it was a wire shorting and the GMC dealer took care of it. as stupid as it sound yes.

the pump with these cars aren't the issue. if you see yourself experiencing high oil pressure then save up your money and change the wires that connects to the oil pressure sensor and the one that goes to the oil pump which we all know controls by sending input to the oil pressure relief valve.
I'm having the same issue as well as it's popping the F63 fuse too. I can see the where the oil pressure sensor is and connector but would you mind sharing where the one is that goes to the oil pump?

Looks like I might have to pull off the Whipple to get to the oil pressure sensor one and was going to see what else is needed depending on the location of the oil pump wire.
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 01:31 PM   #16
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasser.almousawi View Post
the pump with these cars aren't the issue. if you see yourself experiencing high oil pressure then save up your money and change the wires that connects to the oil pressure sensor and the one that goes to the oil pump which we all know controls by sending input to the oil pressure relief valve.
Not sure which wire was the problem.

There is wiring to the oil pressure sensor. Damage to that probably will cause a DTC and no reading on the pressure gauge.

Wiring to the pump is to the pressure control solenoid. The pump defaults to high pressure (i.e. when there is no power). In certain situations, the low pressure mode will be energized, but I do not believe this is the case for idle.

there is no wiring to the pressure relief valve. This is the standard "dumb" type of relief valve which opens when oil pressure exceeds a certain amount, entirely controlled by a spring pushing on the valve.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 03:15 PM   #17
gblaue

Drives: 2017 Bright Yellow ZL1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Not sure which wire was the problem.

In certain situations, the low pressure mode will be energized, but I do not believe this is the case for idle.
The solenoid is activated at idle. I just had my stock pump replaced with a Katech pump. I am questioning the high pressure levels that I have now. I was looking at the pressure at idle, the bypass is on. At idle, with bypass on, the pressure is about 34#. Commanding the bypass off, the pressure jumps to 47#. I have video, but not sure how to get it up here.

At WOT, I get over 80#. Not so sure this is good.