Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-09-2019, 06:55 PM   #1
Gunn
2011 Camaro LT V6

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro LT (V6)
P0037 HO2S Bank 1 Sensor 2 Location?

My check engine light has come on a couple of times over the last couple of weeks. Each time, I have checked the code and it is P0037 "HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2".

Can't find much info on where to find this sensor. Only thing I could find is on the V6 Camaro Bank 1 is the passenger side. But I don't know where Sensor 2 would be. I may have read that there are 3 sensors on each bank...two before the catalytic converter, and one after? But nothing definitive.

If anyone can point me to where to find this sensor, I need to check it and the wiring harness going to it for a short or other problem.

Thanks,

Tom
Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:38 PM   #2
Gunn
2011 Camaro LT V6

Ok, I think I found it. Instead of deleting the post, I thought I'd post for others.

For the V6, the #1 cylinder is on the passenger side. That is Bank 1.

And then I found the replacement guide in my online State library Chilton manual. It says this sensor is on the "right" side. That's the passenger side.

Sensor 2 is downstream (after) the catalytic converter. The attached image is a screenshot from the Chilton manual showing the location of the harness for Sensor 2.

Now I have to see what's wrong with this sensor...

Tom
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2019, 07:04 AM   #3
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
If you've added an exhaust upgrade or altered the exhaust,look for wires/harness touching and or melted on exhaust. Maybe bad connection at plug. Maybe something on YouTube as to how to test sensor? Good luck
Old 11-13-2019, 03:00 PM   #4
Gunn
2011 Camaro LT V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
If you've added an exhaust upgrade or altered the exhaust,look for wires/harness touching and or melted on exhaust. Maybe bad connection at plug. Maybe something on YouTube as to how to test sensor? Good luck
Thanks for the suggestions. The car is stock, no exhaust upgrades, etc. I followed your advice and did look at the sensor. It all looks good, the wiring goes directly away from the exhaust and sensor and is secured to the transmission on it's way up to the engine harness.

I do think there may be another issue at play here, maybe a short in my harness somewhere. This may just be the prime suspect.

I did find some Youtube videos on how to test the sensor; looks pretty straightforward, thanks!

Tom
Old 11-21-2019, 09:17 AM   #5
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
I just changed bad sensor. Looked decent on the scanner but when I bench tested it I could tell it was bad because it was intermittent. The heating element side was good, but the voltage producing side was bad.

2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:21 PM   #6
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Heater circuits go out all the time, you can check resistance on the heater circuit with a multimeter if you disconnect the sensor. The heater element is whichever 2 wires are the same color. But most likely you'll need the sensor. Bank 1 vs Bank 2 is just which side of the motor, sensor 1 is in front of the cat and sensor 2 is always afterwards
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cel, engine, p0037