Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: Rate the interior
Looks great, leave as is 40 66.67%
Good enough 12 20.00%
Needs some work 8 13.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2016, 12:14 PM   #15
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
Seems like I recall reading the stitching will also be available in white...?
No. They chose to continue the 5th gen ZL1's interior theme of that black leather/suede/red stitching.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:42 PM   #16
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
I could never understand how people do not realize what they are buying. Do some research. Do you want a muscle car or a import luxury queen for another 100k?
That's what C6 Vette owners said about their interior until the C7 came along. What a world of difference between the two. GM should continually strive to upgrade their interiors to compete with the best in the world, not just against market segment competition. Besides where do you think the flat bottom steering wheel came from (hint: Audi)?
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:11 PM   #17
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3ngo View Post

Now I will say I may have been coddled of late by driving my Audi, but I was pretty disappointed with the Camaro interior. 640 horses cures many things, but I'm concerned that Chevy won't do enough to improve the ZL1 on the inside.

The interior can look a bit bland if you just take a quick seat it in and look around, but did you get a chance to start it up, view the crisp bright 8" dash display, the drivers display, the Heads up Display, and the interior lighting? Makes a world of difference. That said, the 2SS interior, on or off, is pretty nice. Maybe not Audi nice (opinions will differ) but its plenty nice for the price point and its competition. Its chalked full of features. In my opinion the only thing lacking in compared to some "luxury" brand is the use of expensive materials, but I could care less about that. As long as the design looks cool, and it doesn't turn into a rattle cage after a few years, I'm golden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
That's what C6 Vette owners said about their interior until the C7 came along. What a world of difference between the two. GM should continually strive to upgrade their interiors to compete with the best in the world, not just against market segment competition. Besides where do you think the flat bottom steering wheel came from (hint: Audi)?
You are correct that GM should strive to always upgrade their interiors, but see my above response. Its a fantastic interior when regarding the price point. You can't compete with 6 figure cars at a 40K price point, but then again, I'd say that 40K interior is as nice as many cars much higher in price. Also, as others have said, the 6th gen interior is a NICE improvement over the 5th gen. I'd say GM did their job on this one.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:33 PM   #18
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Dump the red striped Boat Interior. The felt (micro fiber) stuff will show wear very quickly as well. Full leather or cloth.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:08 PM   #19
Cmyskill
17 ZL1 what a car....

Drives: 2021 M S PLAID, 2017 ZL1 A10 White
Send a message via AIM to Cmyskill
I wish there were more interior color options such as Kalahari. More importantly, I just wish the car would get here.... sooner rather than later.....

Cmyskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:13 PM   #20
g3ngo

Drives: 2013 Audi TTRS, 2013 Ford Edge
People get annoyed when you critique a car they really like, but I think all cars have faults and all cars can be made better without adding cost. Now when it comes to finer materials, sure I would expect to pay more.

Personally, I would like the option of red leather (for a white exterior), and not microfiber suede (or alcantara or whatever). I think leather is easier to maintain and I would sacrifice the seat grip.
g3ngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:55 PM   #21
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
Dump the red striped Boat Interior. The felt (micro fiber) stuff will show wear very quickly as well. Full leather or cloth.
+1
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:00 PM   #22
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
I stopped reading when "gauges are rental grade quality".
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:42 PM   #23
datboi448

Drives: 2013 2LT RS, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
I've sat in a 3LT at the dealership, still like my Camaro 2LT interior better, for some reason the C7 reminds me of a 90s BMW, not really sure why just the first thing that came to mind
datboi448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:44 PM   #24
bluHawk141

Drives: 2015 Sierra
I sat in a few Z06's the other day to compare the 2lz and 3lz. I prefer the 2lz, I didn't care for the sueded a and b pillars, and for the life of me I couldn't tell the difference between the mulan leather and the napa leather. But on the other forum guys boast how much higher end the 3lz feels, I think they bought the 3lz and that's how they justify the expenditure to themselves.
bluHawk141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:30 PM   #25
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post
I stopped reading when "gauges are rental grade quality".
I actually thought the 5th gen zl1 interior was more than acceptable. To me, the 6th gen feels softer than the current mustang. I can only imagine the new zl1 will add onto this.
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:50 PM   #26
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Hard to debate someone's personal subjective opinions but I do think some more color options would be nice on ZL1 seats.

As for Audi I wasn't impressed by the interior of the A5 to S5. Very basic German layout lacking imagination and style. But it matches the more cold soulless analytical function over form that Audi/VW is going for.
The Camaro interiors have been polarizing but they do evoke emotion.
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:42 AM   #27
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Road & Track was very pleased with the interior of the 2SS and they are known for being picky.
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:32 AM   #28
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
The felt (micro fiber) stuff will show wear very quickly as well. Full leather or cloth.
No it does not wear quickly. I think, at worst, the color might be fading a little bit, but that could be my imagination...

In fact, it's held up better than my cars with leather, for what it's worth.

I think a lot of people are cautious of the microfiber suede without really experiencing it...it's quite durable, and easy to clean - the trick is you have to actually clean it...