Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-27-2017, 10:51 AM   #141
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
That's weird, i thought for sure i read the 1le added cooling to 1ss, but i now see conflicting things that there is no added cooling with that package?

If GM is will warranty track use for the v6 1le, and SS1 and above,
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...to-a-racetrack
i must be wrong in thinking you need a 1le for the v8 on the track.
For V8 1LEs, no extra cooling except for the ZL1 which is just the TVS's IC bricks that make the count 11 from 10. I truthfully do not know the heat extractor count on v6s nor the v6 1le. 1SS/2SS/1-2SS 1LE's all have 10. ZL1 and ZL1 1LE has 11 (IC brick for the SC).

V6 1LE just adds base SS parts. Like, 4 piston brakes, sway bars, MRC, axles, toe links etc. I am not even use if it even adds e-LSD like the SS 1LE does.

As for warranty, All SS trims (1-2SS, 1LE, ZL1, ZL1 1LE) are covered under warranty on track (given you are STOCK, not modded. I mean BONE STOCK, not even lowering springs).
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:54 AM   #142
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
True, but at the track, for how long? Having to come in early because something is overheating is a waste of track time, and probably not good on the longevity of the car.
Lay off the crack man lol
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:04 AM   #143
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
335HP is great, I wish they could up the tq to about 350ft lbs. and give it a deep throaty sound like the Buick 3.8 Grand National It would be a bad mutha in its own right if they could do that.
I wouldn't turn down the torque, that's for sure! I just laugh at everyone with their big SS pretending like every car ever made has had 450HP and torque. The V6 is where V8's used to be so you're only making yourself look stupid because everyone knows you thought your 2000 SS was bad. Small member syndrome I guess.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:10 AM   #144
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
Lay off the crack man lol
Dude, earlier advertising said they added a ton of cooling to the 1le package, which suggested a 1ss is not track ready. It turns out the 1ss and 1ss 1le have the same cooling. Being slightly misinformed means you're on crack? Don't get it.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:31 AM   #145
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
Also keep in mind in the V6 you will feel the performance hit when you have passenger over 120lbs. You won't feel it in the V8.
Eh. I don't think that can be supported, certainly not unless you're driving at the limit of performance, and below that if you're limiting yourself to measuring by seat of the pants feel.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:32 AM   #146
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
Eh. I don't think that can be supported, certainly not unless you're driving at the limit of performance, and below that if you're limiting yourself to measuring by seat of the pants feel.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:37 AM   #147
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Dude, earlier advertising said they added a ton of cooling to the 1le package, which suggested a 1ss is not track ready. It turns out the 1ss and 1ss 1le have the same cooling. Being slightly misinformed means you're on crack? Don't get it.
Ok u get a pass then lol
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 12:49 PM   #148
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
I wouldn't turn down the torque, that's for sure! I just laugh at everyone with their big SS pretending like every car ever made has had 450HP and torque. The V6 is where V8's used to be so you're only making yourself look stupid because everyone knows you thought your 2000 SS was bad. Small member syndrome I guess.
By that logic, a 1957 Corvette is fast and we probably shouldn't have bothered making anything faster than that. I am pretty sure a 4th gen Camaro SS is faster than a 6th gen V6...but even if it isn't, you're comparing your car to something 14 years older...does that make you feel good? lol

What is considered fast is all relative to the day's technology. If you can't understand that, then I'm not sure what to tell you. In another 100 years all of the cars on the road today will probably be considered slow. But hey, keep telling yourself a V6 Camaro is somehow worth it--you're only fooling yourselves.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:50 PM   #149
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky Justice View Post
A little faster...lol. I didn't know they let you test drive cars while high.

Also, why do they even make a V6 1LE? The V6 isn't about performance, so why try to church it up?
probably because on a tight track with lots of turns and short straightaways that nimble little 6 cylinder wont be very far behind,while consumng less fuel,tires,etc.making it a practical commuter and track day toy for those of us that dont really need the v-8.i drove a big block pontiac for many years.it was fast but got 8 mpg.those of you that claim 22 mpg average for the v-8 must be featherfooting it.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 12:54 PM   #150
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
There must be some serious short dick syndrome going on with these old guys that have more money than they know what to do with and bought an SS to drive like an old man. And then want to come here and talk s*** about the guys who bought the V6 as if they bought some sort of a f****** Geo Metro. You cannot push the V6 to his limits illegally on the street it's now that good it's that fast. It's not no 1986 V6. It's probably better than any other car most have owned besides your current SS but you want to talk smack

http://jalopnik.com/a-basic-2016-che...ing-1745827833

The short story is this: the V6 Camaro has more power than you need to have a lot of fun on the road without risking arrest for reckless endangerment. 335 horsepower and 284 pound-feet of torque is significantly more powerful than the Camaro SS V8 you had a poster of in high school. (I mean, assuming you’re a middle-aged adult.)

The best Enthusiast car in a long time.

To me that's enough said.

Of course the SS is faster better and plenty more expensive. The thing is you don't see the ZL1 guys dumping on the SS guys.

V6 RS is the perfect daily driver faster than 95% of cars on the road that you'll run into during your commute. Most of the faster cars are stored in some guy's garage to be used on Sundays
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:21 PM   #151
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Uh, the ZL1 guys don't hate on the SS because it's the same engine more or less, you know? If the SS had a twin turbo V6 I would still hate on the N/A turd engine. The V8 gets the same gas mileage as the V6, so not sure why that supposed point keeps coming up. I have averaged 27.6mpg with a best of 28.2 on a recent road trip, and I wasn't taking my time getting up to speed either. And this idea that the V6 is more nimble is just hilarious. Your V6 won't be close behind unless there is a vast difference in driving ability...but hey, nice imagination you guys have there. Also, I didn't know 30 years was considered old. And more money than what we know what to do with? That's why we have Camaros? lol

Oh, I drive my car every day with no issues. Such a good daily driver.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:26 PM   #152
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post

Of course the SS is faster better and plenty more expensive.
Plenty more expensive compared to what you get? I don't think so plus to minimize the cost buy it 1 year used. The rest is just opinion. I never heard anyone say...Man I wish I had less power. I love driving mine on the road and I wish it had more power, like in the 600's RWHP and near matching torque. But to each their own. This thread has gone on way too long with many differing opinions. I don't put the 6 down, I used to have one (2010) and I loved it. Now that I have the SS I doubt I will ever go back but that's my preference. If you want a 6 or have one, great! More power to you, if you want or have a 8, cool more power to you too. Everyone getting wrapped up around this debate like their opinion matters more than the next guy. Grow up
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:35 PM   #153
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
indeed, imadeyoureadthis. It'll be fun to see what the replacement for the "you need a v8" is in a decade when all cars are hybrid or electric and blowing the doors off of the current day cars. Performance keeps going up but people's reaction times and driving skills can't/wont keep up. Despite what some may think, there does exist a point where there's too much power for the road.

When even the 4cyl can get < 5 second 0-60 times with some basic mods and a tune, i think we've reached a point where the rules of thumb and opinions of gear heads from the 80's and 90's or older are no longer valid. None of the camaro's are underpowered econo-boxes that just look like a camaro. And if you're worried about being embarrassed on the street by some import, dont be. There aren't many cars out there that have sub 5 second 60 mph times.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:10 PM   #154
Cameron27

Drives: 2015 2SS

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 10:35 PM.
Cameron27 is offline   Reply With Quote