Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-04-2016, 10:39 AM   #155
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Got off the phone with a salesman recently and he claimed the starting cost will be $65k for the ZL1 and that I could go ahead and order one up... It is a salesman of course so... yeah not always correct and most likely just speculating like the rest of us.
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:25 AM   #156
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
Just put a deposit down to hold a spot for a zl1. As predicted i knew more from forum reading then they did. Nothing about a zl1 on their system. Its way too early in the year anyway, still need more info on the 10speed to make final decision.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:15 PM   #157
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
My personal estimate is 6% over last generation plus the cost of Recaro seats. I think that's 62k, or something like that.
That's encouraging then. It's still much more than I had anticipated spending when the 6th gen SS was announced, but like many here I've been swooned by the potential awesomeness of the 6th gen ZL1.
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:19 PM   #158
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
My personal estimate is 6% over last generation plus the cost of Recaro seats. I think that's 62k, or something like that.
2 years ago we got a ZL1 with Recaro seats and a M6 and sun roof, and sticker was 61K=, if you add the 6% thats $3600 more then the 2014, i dont see a car coming in that low at sticker, with the same parts on the car i see $64k+.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:32 PM   #159
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Discussion of actual pricing aside.

If you can still order a 2016, why would Chevrolet allow you to order a 2017? As in why put out ordering and pricing information on a car they are not building yet?

I am just guessing that pricing and ordering information will start when 2016 production stops.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:33 PM   #160
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post
Just put a deposit down to hold a spot for a zl1. As predicted i knew more from forum reading then they did. Nothing about a zl1 on their system. Its way too early in the year anyway, still need more info on the 10speed to make final decision.
They won't even know if they have allocation. I wouldn't have put down anything unless it was with Becky.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:34 PM   #161
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypertrophy View Post
That's encouraging then. It's still much more than I had anticipated spending when the 6th gen SS was announced, but like many here I've been swooned by the potential awesomeness of the 6th gen ZL1.
It's only my personal opinion. I think it's going to be just as impressively priced vs performance as the last ZL1 was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
2 years ago we got a ZL1 with Recaro seats and a M6 and sun roof, and sticker was 61K=, if you add the 6% thats $3600 more then the 2014, i dont see a car coming in that low at sticker, with the same parts on the car i see $64k+.
61k + 3600 = 64600...So, wouldn't that mean you and I agree?
Old 06-05-2016, 10:18 AM   #162
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
They won't even know if they have allocation. I wouldn't have put down anything unless it was with Becky.
Not knowing if they will have an allocation or not what would you suggest since the demand for the car might be high and there's no way of knowing you're working with the right dealership? Judging by previous sales seems like a reasonable assumption though there may be other methods.

When and how will allocation for dealers become common knowledge?
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:57 PM   #163
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
Not knowing if they will have an allocation or not what would you suggest since the demand for the car might be high and there's no way of knowing you're working with the right dealership? Judging by previous sales seems like a reasonable assumption though there may be other methods.

The allocation of Z06 Vettes was based on total # of Vettes sold by dealership. The allocation of Gen5 Z/28's was based on sales volumes of the other Gen5 Camaro trims for the previous year. So, find a large volume dealer and get on their list. That is what I did to get my Gen5 cars and it worked like a charm. You should not need to give money to a reputable dealer to get on a "call list" when the dealership is ready to order BUT I know that many will disagree with me on this so do what you want. It has been my experience that if the dealer does enough volume to get high demand cars early in the production cycle that they usually have a list and all it takes is a visit to give them some personal info so they can get ahold of you when the car is released. That is what I have done for years and have always got the car I wanted early in the release period.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:36 PM   #164
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
The allocation of Z06 Vettes was based on total # of Vettes sold by dealership. The allocation of Gen5 Z/28's was based on sales volumes of the other Gen5 Camaro trims for the previous year. So, find a large volume dealer and get on their list. That is what I did to get my Gen5 cars and it worked like a charm. You should not need to give money to a reputable dealer to get on a "call list" when the dealership is ready to order BUT I know that many will disagree with me on this so do what you want. It has been my experience that if the dealer does enough volume to get high demand cars early in the production cycle that they usually have a list and all it takes is a visit to give them some personal info so they can get ahold of you when the car is released. That is what I have done for years and have always got the car I wanted early in the release period.
Perfectly written, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post

Allocations are given per sales #s. We know for example Becky has made A LOT of 6th gen sales and all kinds of em so you can bet that Rodgers Chevy (where she is) will have instant allocation for the ZL1.

My dealership down in TX was the same way, they had sold A LOT of gen5's including C7 Zo6's (which doesn't really matter but ZL1 being a high caliber, it just may).

As for putting money down, dealerships can and most likely WILL ask for it. But nothing more than they would ask for ANY other car, especially from out of State. I put down 500 for my camaro when I ordered it and my friend (fleet manager) just said only because you are out of town, I was told to ask for a deposit by the financial manager. But it was only 500 bucks, I have seen and personally heard some dealerships asking 5-10 grand down like it's some damn mortgage.

About a month or two before the order banks open up for MYXX+1 (new year models), allocations are handed out to the dealerships so they can advertise or supply that information to the potential customers. Now... There is no way to really check IF they actually do have it as they could easily lie about it... Not that they will but it is just a possibility...
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:48 AM   #165
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedX2 View Post
Now we know that in many ways the ZL1 will be a superior car to the Hellcat....but, not in all.....It would certainly be worth a premium if it dominates in all categories (and at least ties in straight line acceleration)...but I believe a 70+ ZL1 will not sell in great numbers!!
Totally agree. And I think we saw this demonstrated in 2014. The ZL1's sold what.. about 2500 cars versus 7984 for the 2013's.

What changed?

The base price went up 3K on the ZL1's in 2014 to 57K and the rear end was redesigned to the dissatisfaction of many.

But the biggest reason IMO for the dramatic drop in sales of the ZL1 was the release of the Corvette Stingray for around the same price, if not cheaper.

If GM prices the ZL1 starting at 70K, you are not that far from a base Z06 and it will be slow sales for the ZL1, especially year two(2018) of the ZL1.

I hope it starts at 63K and you add the destination and minor gas tax and you are at 65K. But time will tell.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote