Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-18-2019, 06:17 AM   #1
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
2020 Blazer Redline

More overpriced, embarrassing sticker packages from GM...

It's simply a bag over the head, punch in the face, kick in the testicles, embarrassment. GM's Board of Directors must be comprised of Richard Simmons, Liberace, Johnny Weir and Rosie O'Donnell. Why in the f*ck won't these beta-cucks engineer any true performance models of their otherwise standard, cars, trucks and SUV's? It is truly mind-numbing!

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/06/...comment-829316

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:11 AM   #2
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
But how else are you going to get that red line on the wheel?

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:53 AM   #3
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
But how else are you going to get that red line on the wheel?
Exactly. I don't get it. Ford has ST & RS, BMW has M, Benz has AMG, Subaru has WRX & STI, VW has R, Hyundai has N...and we're left with nothing. Sticker packages that cost a few thousand $$$ are a slap in the face. I'm at a loss for words.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 06-18-2019, 08:30 AM   #4
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I agree it isn't moving me either. I am not a cross-over fan, and although the Blazer does have good looks, its simply a mode of transportation and not an object of desire. Its my honest opinion.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:02 AM   #5
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Wanna sell more GM vehicles?
Bumper to bumper 100k warranty.
Never happen though.

Between the junk they have been foisting on the public and turning their backs on the U.S. for China guarantees I've bought my last new Chevy.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:23 AM   #6
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Exactly. I don't get it. Ford has ST & RS, BMW has M, Benz has AMG, Subaru has WRX & STI, VW has R, Hyundai has N...and we're left with nothing. Sticker packages that cost a few thousand $$$ are a slap in the face. I'm at a loss for words.
We had Super Sport until they watered it down on a Malibu.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:43 AM   #7
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
We had Super Sport until they watered it down on a Malibu.
A Malibu, a Malibu Maxx, an Impala (not the LT1 powered Impala circa 94-96), S-10 SS, etc..

"Yea, yea, put some stickers on it, different wheels and an "SS" badge. That'll really rev up GM interest!".

Old 06-18-2019, 10:50 AM   #8
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I don;t know why they don't offer sporty versions either. A good chunk of the Explorers and Edges I see on the road are Sport models. And I have seen ton of the new Edge ST running around. GM has the parts to do it
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:00 AM   #9
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
I'm surprised there's no SS version yet.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:01 AM   #10
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I don;t know why they don't offer sporty versions either. A good chunk of the Explorers and Edges I see on the road are Sport models. And I have seen ton of the new Edge ST running around. GM has the parts to do it
The RS moniker is GM's sport variant. I have had two Cruze RS's. They get a splitter, a spoiler, sporty rockers and a suspension upgrade. GM has always used the RS badge as an aesthetics package. It is the same across the board. Any model that wears the "RS" gets an aesthetics package. I want performance variants like every other manufacturer on planet Earth, dammit!

Old 06-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #11
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
THIS is why we kept our 1999 Yukon - replaced the engine, replaced the AC, brakes, shocks, front seats and had the roof and hood painted and everything else paint corrected. We want an offroad towing vehicle , there're no kids to take to soccer practice for their participation trophy.
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:23 AM   #12
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Here's to hoping the C8 and the 7th Gen Camaro excites because nothing else in Chevy's lineup does..
Old 06-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #13
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
THIS is why we kept our 1999 Yukon - replaced the engine, replaced the AC, brakes, shocks, front seats and had the roof and hood painted and everything else paint corrected. We want an offroad towing vehicle , there're no kids to take to soccer practice for their participation trophy.
That is sharp! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
Here's to hoping the C8 and the 7th Gen Camaro excites because nothing else in Chevy's lineup does..
Very, very true.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:37 PM   #14
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
The RS moniker is GM's sport variant. I have had two Cruze RS's. They get a splitter, a spoiler, sporty rockers and a suspension upgrade. GM has always used the RS badge as an aesthetics package. It is the same across the board. Any model that wears the "RS" gets an aesthetics package. I want performance variants like every other manufacturer on planet Earth, dammit!
The first half of your post makes no sense. Either the RS package is an aesthetic package, or its a sport package. Since you're aware that Chevy isn't doing performance versions of their cars, and that the RS package consists of some cosmetic upgrades and a minor suspension tweak ... you have your answer as to what it's for: aesthetics. The RS is NOT a sport variant. Never has been. Still isn't. Nothing has changed except its being used a bit more often now. The Blazer RS doesn't perform any better than a non-RS. A Cruze RS doesn't perform any better than a non-RS. A Camaro RS doesn't perform any better than a non-RS. The Sonic RS has an exhaust upgrade (which could theorhetically increase the power) ... but even then, the RS only has it because you have to bundle the RS lowering kit with the performance exhaust to get either one.

Also, unless I missed something ... I'm pretty sure that Honda, Toyota, Hyundai - Kia, VW, and Nissan all have next to nothing for performance variants on their regular cars. Maybe some of them have one or rarely two with extra performance (Civic type R, for example). But its not on everything by everyone. And only one of those brands has 2 dedicated performance cars (Nissan 370Z & GTR) like Chevy does. Well, unless you want to count Toyota too with the 86 & the reskinned BMW Z4 they're calling a Supra.

Point is, Ford with their ST lineup is a massive exception to the industry. Chevy is pretty close to the norm. You don't have to like what they're doing, but its not as if they're somehow hopelessly behind the trend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
You say that as if they've stopped making Yukons. You can go get one at any GMC dealership. I'm sure its even better at towing than your 20 year old truck is. Off-road? Not sure one way or the other, probably roughly similar.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote