Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-01-2018, 08:05 PM   #1

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6 Whipple SC
50EATER 2017 Whipple Supercharged SS

I have had the car for just about 2 years, I will sum up everything I have done my plans and what is currently in the works.

Bought the car January 2017 as a daily driver that I wanted to make fast. Goal has always to get to 700-750 whp. Told my self it would be supercharged by the end of the year. I barely made that, ordered the 2.9 Whipple supercharger on a Black Friday sale. Had it delivered and installed right about Christmas. I had issues getting it driving correctly, went back and forth with Whipples tuner and after about the 5th tune I had something that was drivable on new years eve but still was not right. I can turn a wrench but am not all that knowledgeable, figured that the computer just needed to relearn some stuff. Me and the tuner from whipple did not see that the MAP sensor was not reading correctly. I took it to Cordes Performance Racing after driving on it for a while and the drivability did not improve. The said hey dude you MAP sensor is reading the same whether the car is on or off, fix that then we will tune it for you. Took it home and took the map sensor off(its at the back of the SC and there is not any room, this was a pain). After tracing the wire back looking for a damaged cable or something I discovered there was a connection that you can plug in backwards. After connecting it up correctly everything read fine. During this process I dropped a bolt and was unable to find it, by this time all the local hardware stores were closed so I had to wait until the next day after work to get it back together and test it out. Called Cordes and got my car in later that week I think. Not completely sure what it has at the wheels. The dyno sheet they gave me says 545hp/565tq and thats what I went by until they put up a video of the dyno that gave different numbers 535/572 and 569/579. So naturally when anybody asks I round up the bigger ones and say 570/580 but am not sure if that is correct. There might have printed the wrong sheet or did not think it was safe and backed it off. Here is the link to the video https://youtu.be/1l6DAOUMCLk?t=779, it starts at 12:59. I ordered an exhaust from Billy Boat and will take it back to them for another tune after I have it installed.

I live in Mesa Arizona, there is not a huge racing scene here. September I drove it up to Michigan and road raced at Waterford. Last month I raced at No Fly Zone Arizona and plan on doing it again next month. I just bought a 2 step and line lock that I will install in the coming weekends, so drag racing is in my future. Unlike most of you my local drag strip just recently opened up.

I am going to be washing the car this weekend,I will take some pictures and post them after. Nothing too special trying to keep it stock looking, although after I get my exhaust I think it is going to yell that its not.
647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:45 PM   #2

SS Camaro nothing that special

Engine bay, a little special

Plate, meant to encourage a little competition from the Mustang owners.

Edited to get pictures to work.

Last edited by 647; 07-21-2019 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Edited to get pictures to work.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:51 PM   #3

Last night was the first time at the drag strip. I was hoping to get down to 11.50 but the best I could do was 12.556. I only made 3 passes and each one got slight worse. It was real busy and an unlucky night for some people so they kept shutting it down for clean up. My main issue is I am launching like a bitch, I am so use to barely giving it any throttle off the line on the street, I was not launch hard enough on the track.