Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-11-2019, 06:09 AM   #1
Jbanta1983

Drives: 2019 2ss 1LE
Pulling fuse for exhaust

How does this benefit you? If I want it loud all the time can't I just leave it on sport or track mode?
Jbanta1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:11 AM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Do a search, the valves still close at interstate speed in sport and track, the fuse pull leaves them open all the time.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:16 AM   #3
mrgoodbytes

Drives: '18 2SS/EU (+Recaros) M6 Red Hot
I tried it on mine last weekend. There is definitely a difference, especially coming off roundabouts and when applying light throttle on the highway, it seems to rumble a lot more. I like it, but I need the NPP functionality to put it in stealth where I park.
mrgoodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:17 AM   #4
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
There is a big difference between no fuse and track mode. If you hold your speed in track the npp will still close the flaps partly to reduce noise. I'm not quite sure about the US models, but at least EU Models also don't open instantanously once you push the pedal if you were in city speed before. Without fuse you will hear the full exhaust note no matter how you drive.

I recommend a M2W box, so you can switch between OEM behaviour and no fuse. To me it is absolutely necessary to have the option to close the valves at times for the neighbors.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:26 AM   #5
WCKD 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Plenty of write-up's on this topic just search it.
WCKD 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:03 AM   #6
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
There is a big difference between no fuse and track mode. If you hold your speed in track the npp will still close the flaps partly to reduce noise. I'm not quite sure about the US models, but at least EU Models also don't open instantanously once you push the pedal if you were in city speed before. Without fuse you will hear the full exhaust note no matter how you drive.

I recommend a M2W box, so you can switch between OEM behaviour and no fuse. To me it is absolutely necessary to have the option to close the valves at times for the neighbors.
Closing the valves can easily be done from the factory radio or console mode switch as your coming into the neighborhood and then you are ready for the next day early morning start. The M2W does give you the fuse pull and then switch back without the headache of opening the fuse block again.

I'm not so sure about the partially closed on the valve flaps.. It was my understanding that they are only a two position solenoid control. In Track mode they are open fully when you are under any type of acceleration and close when only very light to no pedal is applied. I maybe wrong but I found no difference with the fuse pulled unless I was on flat road and just had a very light pedal. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:27 AM   #7
trohde78

Drives: '17 Red Hot 2SS 6MT
And if you don't want to pay $80 for the M2W kit, then I will sell you this one for $20 shipped. It works as advertised, but the default is valves open (like the fuse pull), and I found that I was too lazy to push the button after each startup to set it back to tour mode. :-)

trohde78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:26 AM   #8
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I really haven’t noticed much of a difference in sound after the fuse pull on my ZL1. I guess because it is somewhat loud to begin with. I did set my exhaust to track mode.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:15 PM   #9
squish72

Drives: 2016 2SS 8AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by trohde78 View Post
And if you don't want to pay $80 for the M2W kit, then I will sell you this one for $20 shipped. It works as advertised, but the default is valves open (like the fuse pull), and I found that I was too lazy to push the button after each startup to set it back to tour mode. :-)

If you open it up you can check the relay that's in it. On mine I was able to solder the wire to the other leg of it so it was normally closed and could hit my garage door opener to "pull the fuse". I got tired of pushing the button every start aswell untill I found out the relay had both leads. Worth doing.
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:20 PM   #10
trohde78

Drives: '17 Red Hot 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by squish72 View Post
If you open it up you can check the relay that's in it. On mine I was able to solder the wire to the other leg of it so it was normally closed and could hit my garage door opener to "pull the fuse". I got tired of pushing the button every start aswell untill I found out the relay had both leads. Worth doing.
I think you mentioned that on my other post about the relay a few months ago. Are you talking about the red or white wire?
trohde78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:56 PM   #11
squish72

Drives: 2016 2SS 8AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by trohde78 View Post
I think you mentioned that on my other post about the relay a few months ago. Are you talking about the red or white wire?
Its been too many months since I've done it. I can't exactly remember but you will see on the circuit board what wire goes to the relay and you just have to solder it
directly too the opposite lead. I think the relay had a couple of solder points that we're not actual leads but ones that helped hold it to the board. Those will be the outer most ones.
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote