#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-18-2017, 09:25 PM   #15
soceur77

Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
Funny, because I almost feel the same way. I pretty much have to floor it before I'm impressed, and even then I think to myself that it should be a little bit faster.

I have a CAI coming, and will probably do the TB, so I hope you're right.
Same, even though i pretty much leave everything lined up beside me at a light, but the personal feeling of this is balls hangin fast isnt there as in my Evo MR or even at times my lightly built 5.0
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:34 PM   #16
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by soceur77 View Post
Same, even though i pretty much leave everything lined up beside me at a light, but the personal feeling of this is balls hangin fast isnt there as in my Evo MR or even at times my lightly built 5.0
I'm wondering if it's just that the car is so planted and controlled that it gives the illusion of docile? I've never found this car to have a lack of power or not feel like it will take off. The A10 is always in the right gear so put it to the floor and it will put you back in your seat. But it doesn't feel out of control, unless of course you want to it to. I compare it to a v12 Jag I drove. Pedal to the floor and it just went without much pomp and circumstance. But look down and you were going 100 mph with no problem.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:48 PM   #17
soceur77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector 17 View Post
I'm wondering if it's just that the car is so planted and controlled that it gives the illusion of docile? I've never found this car to have a lack of power or not feel like it will take off. The A10 is always in the right gear so put it to the floor and it will put you back in your seat. But it doesn't feel out of control, unless of course you want to it to. I compare it to a v12 Jag I drove. Pedal to the floor and it just went without much pomp and circumstance. But look down and you were going 100 mph with no problem.
I believe its because the power is linear and smooth not off on switch as in a big turbo car or high a reving motor, which is a good thing, but sometimes i want that punch me in the face.... yea i just floored it feeling. Im not scared of the power of this car, ive yet to leave my foot planted for more than 10 secs in either my cobra, 5.0 or Evo, its just to much for my brain to comprehend....lol But in the Z i dont even realize im doing triple digits unless im paying attention.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:53 PM   #18
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
It's because GM programmed the ECU with a secret boost code. Once you changed your oil and other fluids, it knew you were ready for the extra boost that the ECU lets out. You have now graduated to a novice sports car driver. On your next fluid change, the ECU will let out another secret boost code which will make the car even more faster. There is a magic password that you must tell the service manager to unleash the super secret super boost mode tho. I know what the magic password is and I'll sell it to you for $1500.
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:17 PM   #19
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh View Post
I have always thought the engine didn't have the OOMPH I expected from the car. With the CAI and Tbody it starts to loosen right up thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
Funny, because I almost feel the same way. I pretty much have to floor it before I'm impressed, and even then I think to myself that it should be a little bit faster.

I have a CAI coming, and will probably do the TB, so I hope you're right.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector 17 View Post

Quote:
I believe its because the power is linear and smooth not off on switch as in a big turbo car or high a reving motor, which is a good thing, but sometimes i want that punch me in the face.... yea i just floored it feeling. Im not scared of the power of this car, ive yet to leave my foot planted for more than 10 secs in either my cobra, 5.0 or Evo, its just to much for my brain to comprehend....lol But in the Z i dont even realize im doing triple digits unless im paying attention.
I think it is because of the drive-by wire system and how GM controls the throttle input. I think they intentionally set it lower than normal for better fuel efficiency and so that people don't channel their inner Mustang and go plowing into crowds, oncoming traffic, hospitals, nurseries, lemonade stands, etc. These cars are very powerful. It wouldn't take much to get the tires loose. So basically, it is set so that it'll be blatantly obvious that a person was intentionally goofing around if you do spin out and crash. I plan to do a VTC to see if that is correct.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:31 PM   #20
soceur77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
so that people don't channel their inner Mustang and go plowing into crowds, oncoming traffic, hospitals, nurseries, lemonade stands, etc.
Crying!!!