Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-03-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
Cheeyuhh

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Engine light?

So my camaro has been sitting in the garage and gets cranked up twice a week, and I was about to order the heritage grill so i took the front bumper off and when i cranked it up the engine light was on. Is it on cause I took the bumper off that the light came on? My dad drove it around and its been working fine nothing out of the unordinary. Just don't know what it could be.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:37 PM   #2
NJCamaro21

Drives: 2011 Summit White 1LT
Take it to Chevy. My check engine light came on twice this month a week apart. It just turned 23k miles. Ran fine. Took it to the dealer and it turned out to be a bad spark plug and the starter coil went. Then when I brought it back the next week they had to do a injector cleaning. Check engine light hasn't been on since. See when you try to crank it if the engine gives a stutter when you turn the key. That's what was the tell tale sign for mine.
NJCamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:02 PM   #3
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Go to autozone and get the codes read. No reason to speculate on the bumper coming off having anything to do with it.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:06 PM   #4
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
Well, you just took off the bumper for the heritage grille and light came on, I'd say it was coincidence. You could take it to Autozone to have them read your code, or buy a code reader yourself and read it at your convenience, plus you can use it for any other car you have or friends and family. Remember, the codes can only be read on cars with computers using the codes, like '84+; '83 or earlier won't work. Imports as well as domestic these can be used on. The instructions will tell you which models years and some codes, but it would non inclusive, it may have an exhaustive list on their website. I have one and have used on several car models, imports and domestic cars. Some things you don't need to worry about, and you can turn off the light with it too.
Troy Lawson

PS: here is a before and after shot of the Heritage Grille.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:10 AM   #5
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman007 View Post
PS: here is a before and after shot of the Heritage Grille.

Can't really see the HG, but it does look better. I don't care for the stock grilles so even just a blank space looks better to me.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #6
Cheeyuhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCamaro21 View Post
Take it to Chevy. My check engine light came on twice this month a week apart. It just turned 23k miles. Ran fine. Took it to the dealer and it turned out to be a bad spark plug and the starter coil went. Then when I brought it back the next week they had to do a injector cleaning. Check engine light hasn't been on since. See when you try to crank it if the engine gives a stutter when you turn the key. That's what was the tell tale sign for mine.
Ight will do! Thanks for advice!
Old 02-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
Cheeyuhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie70 View Post
Go to autozone and get the codes read. No reason to speculate on the bumper coming off having anything to do with it.
dang! I was hoping thats what it was!