Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-20-2019, 08:12 AM   #1
federal

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Sending in ECU for calibration?

So I’ve been looking around for a shop to install a procharger on my 2018 Camaro SS, and the shop has been very vague so I figured I’d ask here and see if I could get a better interpretation on what this may mean.

They stated that they would use Prochargers calibration, which requires sending the ECU to Procharger because they “do not support any factory ECU calibration”.

I may be wrong here, but the 2018’s shouldn’t require sending in the ECU to be unlocked/tuned, as I thought that was only an issue with the 2017’s.
federal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:23 AM   #2
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
That is just how Procharger tunes the 2018s. Other programs like HP tuners would not require sending it in but Procharger uses handheld programmers most of the time like SCT or Diablosport. We usually just get the tuner kits for our customers and take care of the tuning ourselves. The canned tunes usually leave power on the table.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:41 AM   #3
federal

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
That is just how Procharger tunes the 2018s. Other programs like HP tuners would not require sending it in but Procharger uses handheld programmers most of the time like SCT or Diablosport. We usually just get the tuner kits for our customers and take care of the tuning ourselves. The canned tunes usually leave power on the table.
That makes sense, thank you for the insight

Last edited by federal; 08-20-2019 at 12:31 PM.
federal is offline   Reply With Quote