Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-01-2019, 09:06 PM   #15
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
I would doubt the clickbait site is the source (or only source) for such a reputable industry publication. (At least I hope not!)
Well that was the source of that info.. and they said "one source"... sooo :shrug:
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:56 PM   #16
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Off course this is just my uninformed idle speculation.... , but I think the problem is people want to know with certainly about the future of the Camaro, and that might be something even GM doesn't know. Take state of the economy, how the C8 does, and SUV scourge. Those unknown factors could help or hurt the prospects of a future camaro.

Maybe we have a very mild down turn on the economy, the C8 has the halo effect of attracting euro car buyers to the camaro, and we are past peak SUV, with them in a plateau, or even decline, and people rediscover driving. Maybe the Camaro lives on then.

Or SUV's erode driving culture further, there's a major recession, with no chance of any bailout like in 2009, the c8 is not the hit we thought is would be and all other performance cars are seen as weighing down gm, and the Camaro dies.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:58 AM   #17
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Didn't we have enough topics on this? They just quoted the one report we know for months. And as we know from the interview with the original author of this claim: The most sites misunderstood his article, it was all about that Camaro will not go to Alpha 2 and this could cause a pause until a decision for the next platform is made since e.g. VSS-R will not be ready until 2025.

Everything we know is written down here, everything else is just speculation.

Concidering how big the hype for the new C8 is I can totally understand why GM is keeping their mouth shut and let customers of higher equipped Camaro models concider if they can upgrade to the base C8.
Old 08-02-2019, 06:32 AM   #18
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
It’s possible, but having known these folks a long time, I would trust that they at least would have gotten independent verification of the claim. Just because one knucklehead says it’s true doesn’t make it true, but if two or three knuckleheads say it’s true independently of each other, that adds some credence.
Typically journalists relay important bits of context like that with a phrase like "multiple sources confirm..." Here, they're still talking about one source, and that one source is very likely the same source that's been spreading this for a while now.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:20 AM   #19
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
It’s possible, but having known these folks a long time, I would trust that they at least would have gotten independent verification of the claim. Just because one knucklehead says it’s true doesn’t make it true, but if two or three knuckleheads say it’s true independently of each other, that adds some credence.
The fact that it says 'according to one report' would indicate to me that there was no independent verification.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:47 AM   #20
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
While I can see a case for it going away, there is more of a case for it sticking around. Cadillac needs it to. As long as the only things produced at the plant (why in the hell can I never remember the name of it lol) are the CT4/5 and Camaro they need the Camaro. That plant can't survive on just CT4/5 production. So unless something else gets moved there look for Camaro to stick around IMO
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:52 AM   #21
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Until I hear Al, Mary Barra, Mark Reuss, or any Chief Development Engineer say anything publicly about the camaro being shelved then I will believe it.. otherwise all these "should've, could've, would've & maybe's" speculations can kick rocks barefooted!

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:59 AM   #22
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
"According to one report..."
in other words they're quoting the same website no one has ever heard of from a few weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen View Post
Until I hear Al, Mary Barra, Mark Reuss, or any Chief Development Engineer say anything publicly about the camaro being shelved then I will believe it.. otherwise all these "should've, could've, would've & maybe's" speculations can kick rocks barefooted!
Old 08-02-2019, 09:49 AM   #23
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
If Ford cancelled cars that sell better than the Mustang then it’s just as likely to go away.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:21 AM   #24
WarlockCamaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Logically speaking, if GM does take out the Camaro from their line-up it will leave a massive hole on Chevy as a whole for the time being. We always had the Camaro and the Corvette they were and still are great cars, but now since the C8 is mid-engine shouldn't they now focus on their only front engine V8 coupe that they have left? The C8 will out-beat the Mustang and Challenger obviously, but then again Ford and Dodge have the GT and the Demon. They should keep the Camaro and re-define it as Chevy's new front-engine muscle car. Thinking about it now a new Camaro in the next 4-5 years is possible, the Alpha 2 platform is available for use in making the new Camaro and all they have to do now is make the body and tune the engine, which I think can peak around 490 HP for the SS. The way the car economy is going right now with all of the SUV s and Crossovers and such seems bad, but I feel like we're going to get over it eventually. A bunch of iconic cars are getting refreshed and renewed with new bodies and motors, and I feel if GM does not allow the production of a new Camaro then they will be left behind in the front engine department. The Mustang and the Challenger/Chargers in around 2 years will feel and look old compared to other car brands so if GM and Chevy pull through and begin production on a Camaro that could compete with non-American sports cars that'll be great. Just look at the Corvette C8 the Europeans must be crapping their pants by now. honestly if they don't make a new Camaro they will be shooting themselves in the foot here.
WarlockCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:51 PM   #25
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Just buy the last model year and hang on to it!
Old 08-02-2019, 01:46 PM   #26
bjzq8

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10, Orange Crush
The writing is on the wall, though. Eventually all cars will be downsized as fuel economy restrictions bite harder every year. As cars get smaller and more useless, people will move to SUVs and trucks in ever greater numbers, like shipwreck survivors clinging onto chunks of wreckage until those, too, are relegated to uselessness by regulation. When an electric car exists that can perform equally to an internal combustion car on all levels, I'll switch. But while they are limited in range, take hours to recharge, have limited battery lives, and cost huge amounts to repair, I'll stick to old vehicles until they pry them from my cold dead hands, as the saying goes.
bjzq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:43 PM   #27
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
Since we are speculating... what if Camaro dies, but a RWD, front-engine, 2+2 lives on as a Corvette Mako (or some other name, not a Camaro). It could be non-V8, maybe turbo 6 or 4, maybe hybrid or all electric variants. Wouldn't matter since it isn't a Camaro.

Something like this -

Corvette Stingray = C8 as we know it
Corvette Mako = RWD, front engine, 2-door, 2+2
Corvette Z06 = TT V8 wide body C8
Corvette Zora = king of the hill performance hybrid TT V8 1000+ total system HP
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:47 PM   #28
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sigma View Post
Since we are speculating... what if Camaro dies, but a RWD, front-engine, 2+2 lives on as a Corvette Mako (or some other name, not a Camaro). It could be non-V8, maybe turbo 6 or 4, maybe hybrid or all electric variants. Wouldn't matter since it isn't a Camaro.

Something like this -

Corvette Stingray = C8 as we know it
Corvette Mako = RWD, front engine, 2-door, 2+2
Corvette Z06 = TT V8 wide body C8
Corvette Zora = king of the hill performance hybrid TT V8 1000+ total system HP
That's what I was thinking, and IMO the marketing is far better for a new Corvette front-engine GT car just like the Camaro but with better visibility, practicality and new styling. A car that most BMW M-car or AMG drivers would actually consider, just like a ton of new people that would not consider a Vette are now considering the C8 Vette...
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote