Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-26-2019, 03:04 PM   #127
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I love it how people just blanket the 2019 as ugly when all models except one are exactly the same in 2020.
while you're loving it i can give you the simple answer: Most enthusiasts only care about the V8/SS
i don't feel that way, but you don't have to look far to find the insults directed at 6's and 4's.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #128
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post

Honestly, for my perception, what people are mostly saying is ugly, is that black painted bumper. .... yes, some dislike the flowtie, and some dislike the fang shapes, but predominantly, the problem was the black bumper.
So by changing that for 2020, people are happy because the part they didn't like, got changed. The models aren't exactly the same except one... if anything, one is the same and all other models are different.
I think the problem was mostly like you said the black bumper, but what made it worse was the flo-tie. It just looked so out of place and forced in to say it had a flow tie.

Imagine how stupid the GT500 would look if the Snake emblem was placed in the center of the black bumper like the flow tie was.

Also my problem with the black bumper, is to me it was faux aggressive. That's what companies do to make non sporty models look sporty.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:41 PM   #129
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I think the problem was mostly like you said the black bumper, but what made it worse was the flo-tie. It just looked so out of place and forced in to say it had a flow tie.

Imagine how stupid the GT500 would look if the Snake emblem was placed in the center of the black bumper like the flow tie was.

Also my problem with the black bumper, is to me it was faux aggressive. That's what companies do to make non sporty models look sporty.
Thats why they did it to the super sport .and even though the GT500 Cobra emblem is not in the middle of the bumper this is the first time they've ever decided to put the Cobra emblem in the middle of the grill.
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:43 PM   #130
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
Honestly, for my perception, what people are mostly saying is ugly, is that black painted bumper. .... yes, some dislike the flowtie, and some dislike the fang shapes, but predominantly, the problem was the black bumper.
So by changing that for 2020, people are happy because the part they didn't like, got changed. The models aren't exactly the same except one... if anything, one is the same and all other models are different.
You're totally backing up my point. The SS is the ONLY one that has the black bumper with flowtie. V6, I4, and LT4 cars have not changed at all.
Just the SS has this, but it's always a blanket statement like all of them have the disliked bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
while you're loving it i can give you the simple answer: Most enthusiasts only care about the V8/SS
i don't feel that way, but you don't have to look far to find the insults directed at 6's and 4's.
True and most of them don't have a clue that the other cars are not this way. Bash V6 and I4 all you want but the refresh change was accepted pretty well.

Enthusiasts also go for the ZL1 and you'd be surprised at how many start off thinking it has the black bumper too. (not anyone on this forum of course)
Old 07-27-2019, 12:57 AM   #131
Cam1977
The Crush

Drives: 2019 1SS/1LE Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I love it how people just blanket the 2019 as ugly when all models except one are exactly the same in 2020.
Cam1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:32 AM   #132
gaveup

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 M6
I bought a 19 because I liked it, as I’m sure others did as well. There were plenty of 18s on the lot when I got mine as well, but I glossed over them and went to the 19. Mainly because I wanted a 1LE and there weren’t many 1LEs out here locally except for the 19’s. Some people like it, some don’t. Who cares?

I will say this, there are some smaller upgrades to the 19s that I like a lot that not many people mention. The moving of the red/blue on star lights from the bottom of the mirror and getting rid of that hideous teal blue color surround in the gauge cluster. Those were definitely welcomed changes to me. Will most even notice or care, probably not.

I didn’t really like the flowtie placement, but that was easily fixed with 20 min of work. I personally think the 19 looks more aggressive from certain angles and the 1LE takes that a step further as well.

I do wonder though, if they skipped the 19 front end and went straight to the 2020 style, how many people would have gotten the middle section painted black? How many people would have commented how much more aggressive it looks and do it to theirs because it looks different?
gaveup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:21 AM   #133
orange devil
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaveup View Post
I bought a 19 because I liked it, as I’m sure others did as well. There were plenty of 18s on the lot when I got mine as well, but I glossed over them and went to the 19. Mainly because I wanted a 1LE and there weren’t many 1LEs out here locally except for the 19’s. Some people like it, some don’t. Who cares?

I will say this, there are some smaller upgrades to the 19s that I like a lot that not many people mention. The moving of the red/blue on star lights from the bottom of the mirror and getting rid of that hideous teal blue color surround in the gauge cluster. Those were definitely welcomed changes to me. Will most even notice or care, probably not.

I didn’t really like the flowtie placement, but that was easily fixed with 20 min of work. I personally think the 19 looks more aggressive from certain angles and the 1LE takes that a step further as well.

I do wonder though, if they skipped the 19 front end and went straight to the 2020 style, how many people would have gotten the middle section painted black? How many people would have commented how much more aggressive it looks and do it to theirs because it looks different?
I agree ..I would have
Old 07-27-2019, 11:54 AM   #134
AlphaDream
Piston Slapper

Drives: Volt gen2, Colorado V6, soonCamaro
I agree. The '19 SS front end is ugly but at least it's original and didn't lean on the tired old retro crutch. Changing the center bumper to body color actually accentuates the worst part of the design: those tacky fender tabs that bend around to the front.
AlphaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:46 PM   #135
orange devil
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDream View Post
I agree. The '19 SS front end is ugly but at least it's original and didn't lean on the tired old retro crutch. Changing the center bumper to body color actually accentuates the worst part of the design: those tacky fender tabs that bend around to the front.
Your volt and Colorado are butt ugly!.. both your vehicles wish they were Toyotas LOL
Old 07-27-2019, 07:49 PM   #136
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
Your volt and Colorado are butt ugly!.. both your vehicles wish they were Toyotas LOL
So you want to fight immaturity with more immaturity?

Come on guys.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 09:11 PM   #137
19-1LE

Drives: 2019 1LE 1SS
Just a random opinion to add to the mix:

If Chevy didn’t make the 19s look the way they did, I would’ve stayed in Mustang Land. I love the 19 look.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:53 PM   #138
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Truth be told, the gen 6 Camaro is a drivers car for certain. My only complaint is how tough it is to get my big feet over the bottom of the door sill without making contact with something else. Looks are subjective and Chevy designers could certainly do a better job at that task. It isn't limited to the Camaro line by any means. Their design staff could use some reorganization. Perhaps they might ask some of the public to voice their opinion on potential future designs. Of course that would be by invitation only.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:54 PM   #139
JG61354

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE Camaro A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19-1LE View Post
Just a random opinion to add to the mix:

If Chevy didn’t make the 19s look the way they did, I would’ve stayed in Mustang Land. I love the 19 look.
Ditto - I’ve had 3 GT 500’s 2010 - 12 and 14. I love this car. Period
JG61354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:12 PM   #140
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
well there you go, they won over mustang lovers.