Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-17-2018, 10:19 PM   #1
Jcvibby

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
What is a tune??

I have a 17 SS 1le, its just a track rig. I am looking for just reliable performance.

Couple questions,
1-what would a tune do for me?

2-what should I be looking at for a tune?

Thanks!
Jcvibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:20 AM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcvibby View Post
I have a 17 SS 1le, its just a track rig. I am looking for just reliable performance.

Couple questions,

Thanks!

more hp and tq and void your warranty lol

you want a custom tune not a canned tuned and make sure its from a reliable tuner with is familiar with lt1 motors and camaros
Old 12-19-2018, 11:34 AM   #3
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcvibby View Post

Couple questions,

Thanks!
1 - specifically, one will typically adjust timing, fueling, adjust long term and short term fuel trims, torque management, remove speed limiter, turn off DOD, and possibly adjust for different fuels (e85 is a popular choice), other modifications such as headers, CAI, throttle body, superchargers, nitrous, etc, and turn off check engine lights.

2 - that mainly depends on your goals for the car and what you are willing to sacrifice (the big one, as mentioned before, being that it WILL void your powertrain warranty)

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:56 PM   #4
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
1 - specifically, one will typically adjust timing, fueling, adjust long term and short term fuel trims, torque management, remove speed limiter, turn off DOD, and possibly adjust for different fuels (e85 is a popular choice), other modifications such as headers, CAI, throttle body, superchargers, nitrous, etc, and turn off check engine lights.

2 - that mainly depends on your goals for the car and what you are willing to sacrifice (the big one, as mentioned before, being that it WILL void your powertrain warranty)

Just to correct you some, LT and ST fuel trims are a function of the tune and how close the part throttle tables and the Power Enrichment (WOT) areas are adjusted. The closer the part throttle and PE tables are the less you will see in corrections to the LT and ST fuel trims.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:27 PM   #5
Jcvibby

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post

I’m mainly just using it for the track.

If I modify the interior, example new seats, will that void the powdertrain warranty? Cause if so I’m past that point now...but I’d sure like the warranty.
Jcvibby is offline   Reply With Quote