Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-03-2018, 09:58 AM   #1
Silverwing

Drives: Yellow 2018 SS
Different tunes for different modes?

I was wondering if this is at all possible. Basically I want to have different tunes under the different modes of the car.

Touring: Active AFM, relaxed steering, low rpm shift points, favors MPG over performance.

Sport: NO AFM, Sportier steering, more aggressive shifting, favors performance over MPG.

Track: NO AFM, Stiffest steering, most aggressive shifting, performance over everything.

Is this possible? And if so, has it been done before? And if so, roughly how much did it cost you or how much did you charge?

Thanks guys!
Silverwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:34 AM   #2
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
I don't believe it's possible with the AFM. It's either all on or all off.
50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:27 AM   #3
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbreak View Post
I don't believe it's possible with the AFM. It's either all on or all off.
Trifecta claims to be able to enable afm in touring, and disabling it in other modes.

https://www.trifectaperformance.com/...aro-62l-elite/
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:44 AM   #4
Silverwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
Trifecta claims to be able to enable afm in touring, and disabling it in other modes.

https://www.trifectaperformance.com/...aro-62l-elite/
Wow, thanks for that! I actually had Trifecta tune my 2011 v6 Camaro with great results. Even still have the cable, hopefully its the same pin layout. Just sent them a message to confirm some things. Thanks man.

Will update if I pull the trigger and try it out.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:54 AM   #5
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwing View Post
Wow, thanks for that! I actually had Trifecta tune my 2011 v6 Camaro with great results. Even still have the cable, hopefully its the same pin layout. Just sent them a message to confirm some things. Thanks man.

Will update if I pull the trigger and try it out.
Just do some research before you pull the trigger, I believe they lock their tunes down so that only they can alter them. that may not be an issue to you, but it's something to ask about if it is.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:20 AM   #6
Silverwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
Just do some research before you pull the trigger, I believe they lock their tunes down so that only they can alter them. that may not be an issue to you, but it's something to ask about if it is.
Interesting, I just looked into that. I'll speak to Trifecta about that and see what the response is, thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:42 AM   #7
SweGen6

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue A8 Euro spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwing View Post
Interesting, I just looked into that. I'll speak to Trifecta about that and see what the response is, thanks for the heads up.
Are you comming back with the result on this ? And if you do get the tune from them it would be intresting to see if what they say about it is accurate. Please give update on this. If it really works with AFM and diffrent drive modes and that the tune seems good, i will probably get it too.
SweGen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:10 AM   #8
Silverwing

I was possibly going to but per their customer support they don't support the 2018's yet. I find that a bit odd, I was under the impression they use the same ECU and software as the 2017's.

Feel free to contact them on their website, they seem to reply pretty quickly to questions.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:11 PM   #9
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Anyone has the Trifecta Tune installed ?
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #10
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
There is no way to change the AFM based on modes on the Camaro SS system. It is either all on or off unless you have it turned off fully in the tune.

As far as the touring vs Sport vs Track modes, the car already does this to some degree. the steering and if you have the MRC and NPP modes are changed based on the mode (touring, sport, race, snow/wet) along wiht the throttle input.

You can change the drive demand tables for those modes for sure, you can change the shift times for those tables for sure, I dont think the shift pressures can be set by mode as the shift pressure tables are across the board for the all of the modes.

If you are in track mode and hammering on the car, the AFM will never turn on anyways.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote