Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 01-28-2019, 09:47 PM   #15
Davis1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
What is the fix? When my tuner tried to go the leaner route with my car it pulled timing.
Davis1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:29 AM   #16
BlueCamaro6

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
Log tq mgt advance which is actually retard and shows up as false knock. Also, he needs to desensitize the knock sensors some due to having headers.

Did he tune the o2 sensor proportional & integral delay? You move the o2 sensor farther away from the engine with headers and should be properly tuning this as well so the engine knows what fuel trim is correct for the exact location on the VE table. Most shops don't do it and fudge numbers along the way. Virtual Tq needs to be calibrated also.

As far as the dip: need these logged - fuel rail pressure, low side fuel pressure, soi, soi duration, avg inj pulsewidth for both sides, intake cam angle, predicted eng tq source, immediate eng tq source, predicted axle tq source, cylinder airmass, eng tq, and throttle along with the other std items. Could be a hand full of things, but it can be corrected.

2016 2SS, A8, NAV, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Hyperblue (GM buyback)

1999 Trans Am Firehawk, M6, headers, no-cats, slp exhaust, hot cam, intake, 3:73 gears. Red/Blk
BlueCamaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:58 PM   #17
dragoo

Drives: 2017 CAMARO 2SS
quick update guys. I used John Solero from North port in Florida. Went back and he did a street tune. Car does feel better now but im going back to throw her on the dyno again (free of charge) to see what she makes now. The only frustrating thing now is that a CEL keeps poping back up code P015D. Car runs fine but keeps throwing this code after about 25-50 miles of driving. Tuner told me to get new 02s.

Btw, my gas mileage is terrible with e85 like 12mpg city driving.

Ill keep everyone posted as to what the car makes after this next session and will include AFR.
dragoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:01 PM   #18
dragoo

Drives: 2017 CAMARO 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by asrautox View Post
I can almost guarantee the car is pulling timing up top which is the reason for the dip. This is pretty common with headers and even some stock cars, and is also a super easy fix. Do you happen to have a data log?
What tuning solution are you on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im asking tuner for the log right now. And HPtuners
dragoo is offline   Reply With Quote