Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-29-2018, 07:50 AM   #43
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsled View Post
I should know something tomorrow. I'll be sure to post an update. It's been bothering me all weekend though, that's for sure. So I'm ready to see what they are going to do about it. Heck, they might tell me to kick rocks...lol.
In the grand scheme of things it's minor damage. All this talk about a "stern letter from my lawyer" or a judge and a new car from everyone is comical. It's a $1400 repair at best people. There was an accident and they are offering to fix it. You go in there guns a blazing and they will tell you to leave. You will spend 3x the amount to fix it just in lawyer and court fees that in the end will just have the car repaired which they are going to do to begin with.

I understand the car is your baby and its a bad deal, but just let them fix it and be done with it. Asking for a ton of extra stuff will just make it worse.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:56 AM   #44
JohnCobalt

Drives: Camaro and Mazda CX3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
In the grand scheme of things it's minor damage. All this talk about a "stern letter from my lawyer" or a judge and a new car from everyone is comical. It's a $1400 repair at best people. There was an accident and they are offering to fix it. You go in there guns a blazing and they will tell you to leave. You will spend 3x the amount to fix it just in lawyer and court fees that in the end will just have the car repaired which they are going to do to begin with.

I understand the car is your baby and its a bad deal, but just let them fix it and be done with it. Asking for a ton of extra stuff will just make it worse.
You didn’t read the whole thread. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be more than $1400.

Last edited by JohnCobalt; 05-29-2018 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Adding something
JohnCobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:57 AM   #45
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCobalt View Post
You didn’t read the whole thread, did you?
I did, I totally agree with NSX Matt… You're not getting a new car. Unless you want to litigate, and even then…
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:18 AM   #46
JohnCobalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I did, I totally agree with NSX Matt… You're not getting a new car. Unless you want to litigate, and even then…
I’m just saying the damage is more than first thought. It’s more than $1400.
I didn’t mention anything about getting a new car. He’s saying all the advice is comical and I don’t find anything comical about a bent up car.

And it is possible to get a new car without a lawyer. Not sure if you remember in late 2013 when I took my stingray back to the dealer because it was basically a lemon. They gave me just about what I paid for it, minus the money over msrp I stupidly forked over. We both wanted to avoid all the crap, so they put me in a new one. I didn’t even have to raise my voice once. We just talked it out. So ya, it’s possible, but unlikely.

Last edited by JohnCobalt; 05-29-2018 at 08:48 AM. Reason: I can’t spell worth a crap
Old 05-29-2018, 08:33 AM   #47
Rocketsled

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Black A8 NPP Nav.
Quote:
I’m just saying the damage is more than first thought. It’s more than $1400.
I didn’t mention anything about getting a new car. He’s saying all the advice is comical and I don’t find anything comical about a bent up car.

And it is possible to get a new car without a lawyer. Not sure if you remember in late 2013 when I took my stingray back to the dealer because it was basically a lemon. They gave me just about what I paid for it, minus the money over msrp I stupidly forked over. We both wanted to avoid all the crap, so they put me in a new one. I didn’t even have to raise my voice once. We just talked it out. So ya, it’s posdible, but unlikely.
Yes you are right. The damage is now $3606.95. They found more damage this morning when I went to another body shop. They also said that the firewall may be bent as well. In Georgia, any damage to the firewall totals the car. Firewalls are not repairable. The rear floor supports are damaged, the shift cradle is bent, both fenders and rocker panels are bent. Both floor boards are bent, the car pulls to the left at speed. It's all f'd up!!!!
Old 05-29-2018, 08:42 AM   #48
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
If this car truly CAN'T be fixed, then that increases your chances of a new car, if the dealership wants to do the right thing, they will Apply against their garage liability/emplyee insurance and supply you with a new unit. Good luck today, (seriously).

Rightfully so, the insurance carrier will probably ask for the dismissal of that employee. Also during the fix period, They should give you a loaner car.

Last edited by Glen e; 05-29-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:48 AM   #49
Gunmetalmissle

Drives: 16 ngm ss
Here is a Corvette that was totaled by a minor accident and a 1" crack.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-how-a-cor...-of-1806727930

I'm not saying the OP's car is totaled but pretending like the level of damage it sustained is not a big deal is ridiculous.
Gunmetalmissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:49 AM   #50
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
+1 Demanding a new car won’t happen and will only lead to a worsened rapport with the dealership. Let them try to fix it....maybe it comes out better than new.

There is no undoing the damage at this point. So your best option is getting more bees with honey.
Exactly. He may still need a lawyer, and he should be documenting everything for possible lemon-law if the fix causes issues or isn't complete.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:53 AM   #51
Rocketsled

Quote:

I'm not asking for unjust enrichment here. They can easily bury some of their loss in a trade in for a new one. Them not disclosing the damage to begin with is what makes this a real liability for them. They tried to get over on me. That borders on fraud.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:24 AM   #52
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
All this damage because of a lift???? OK??????? I have seen major accidents that did not damage the firewall.??????????A lift destroyed a car.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:59 AM   #53
Rocketsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
All this damage because of a lift???? OK??????? I have seen major accidents that did not damage the firewall.??????????A lift destroyed a car.
These cars have aluminum frames. You can easily damage them by using the wrong lift points. They also have to be towed on a flatbed as well.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:24 AM   #54
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsled View Post
I'm not asking for unjust enrichment here. They can easily bury some of their loss in a trade in for a new one. Them not disclosing the damage to begin with is what makes this a real liability for them. They tried to get over on me. That borders on fraud.
Fraud? I think you're reaching a bit. That's like saying the cart guy at walmart dinged your car and didn't tell the manager so it's fraud. Come on man.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:30 AM   #55
JohnCobalt

Quote:
Fraud? I think you're reaching a bit. That's like saying the cart guy at walmart dinged your car and didn't tell the manager so it's fraud. Come on man.
You’re joking right? I don’t even think you’re reading the important parts where the OP is describing the damage and cost that keeps rising. The car might actually be a total loss. Come on man.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:51 AM   #56
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
You’re joking right? I don’t even think you’re reading the important parts where the OP is describing the damage and cost that keeps rising. The car might actually be a total loss. Come on man.
Go look up what fraud means and come back. Yes I read the part where he keeps talking it to different body shops and getting inflated estimates. You could lift the whole car on one arm on the firewall and it's not going to damage the firewall other than a scrape, get a grip people. A lift arm slipped and did some damage and the tech was scared and didn't say anything. You all are blowing this way out of proportion.