#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 01-18-2024, 03:19 PM   #113
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chief (tm) View Post
Should say, "Ford & GM Shocked They Can't Sell THEIR EVs".
Yup
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 03:23 PM   #114
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chief (tm) View Post
Should say, "Ford & GM Shocked They Can't Sell THEIR EVs".
I'm fairly certain that's implied, why would either care if they could sell another brand's EVs?

FTR, Tesla was addressed in the video as well.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 04:20 PM   #115
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
I'm fairly certain that's implied, why would either care if they could sell another brand's EVs?

FTR, Tesla was addressed in the video as well.

Tesla is doing just fine. The other manufacturers are finding out how hard it is to break into a market that's been dominated by Tesla. It's not that people don't want EV's contrary to FUD videos like the one you posted, it's that people are uncertain about other brand EVs since there's no track history. The fact is Tesla almost went bankrupt themselves trying to get Tesla off the ground. The big auto manufacturers have deeper pockets and they went all in thinking they would dominate the EV market based on their own brands reputation. They overestimated demand for THEIR EVs, not EV's in general. It also costs quite a lot to get EV production off the ground as Elon learned himself. He's just a much smarter businessman than any of the big auto manufacturers CEOs.

https://backlinko.com/tesla-stats
Old 01-18-2024, 04:23 PM   #116
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDRob View Post
Any ice vehicle is better than ev.
^^^FACT^^^

And what shocker to see the few typical people over on this thread still trying to convince the majority of us that live in real world USA ev's are the solution to problems that don't exist and and how everything related to ev's is just fine and dandy...no issues whatsoever and nothing to worry about...😂🤣😂😆
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 06:55 PM   #117
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
People dont like to be force fed products they arent enthusiastic about. I've driven a Tesla and it was fun and even in short bursts, as fast as my ZLE. I LOL'd my balls off at the fart noises programed into the turn signals. The novelty wore off tho.

IF they manage to make these EV's in a manner that makes me want to buy them, maybe I will. But I can tell you this, just the mere fact that the government is pushing them makes me resistant.

I think I'll cut the cats off my ICE and burn a few tires this year instead.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 07:49 PM   #118
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenZLE View Post
People dont like to be force fed products they arent enthusiastic about. I've driven a Tesla and it was fun and even in short bursts, as fast as my ZLE. I LOL'd my balls off at the fart noises programed into the turn signals. The novelty wore off tho.

IF they manage to make these EV's in a manner that makes me want to buy them, maybe I will. But I can tell you this, just the mere fact that the government is pushing them makes me resistant.

I think I'll cut the cats off my ICE and burn a few tires this year instead.
Here's the thing, I'd be very surprised if you and many other ZL1 owners here still have their cars in 5 to 10 years. The reality is the majority of us ALL get bored of our cars at some point and want something else. Even a Tesla Plaid is no exception here. It offers a LOT of fun and a TON of bang for the buck, but I also understand some people will never give EVs a chance and some won't have the money for a Plaid so they will never get that experience. I agree that no one should be forced to buy EV's and the reality is that we won't. Just appreciate both type of vehicles for what they offer, at the end of the day, fun is fun, no matter what it is.
Old 01-18-2024, 08:15 PM   #119
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Here's the thing, I'd be very surprised if you and many other ZL1 owners here still have their cars in 5 to 10 years. The reality is the majority of us ALL get bored of our cars at some point and want something else. Even a Tesla Plaid is no exception here. It offers a LOT of fun and a TON of bang for the buck, but I also understand some people will never give EVs a chance and some won't have the money for a Plaid so they will never get that experience. I agree that no one should be forced to buy EV's and the reality is that we won't. Just appreciate both type of vehicles for what they offer, at the end of the day, fun is fun, no matter what it is.
I think a lot of the ZL1 owners will keep their cars only because you can’t simply upgrade to a newer year anymore. And honestly who’s going to have a better platform for the price point.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 08:45 PM   #120
AZ_1LE

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
I really would not mind having an EV at all for driving around town (here in AZ). Anywhere where it's in the single digits or teens? No thanks.
AZ_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 08:45 PM   #121
ohsmily

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE A10 ShadowGrayMetallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
^^^FACT^^^

And what shocker to see the few typical people over on this thread still trying to convince the majority of us that live in real world USA ev's are the solution to problems that don't exist and and how everything related to ev's is just fine and dandy...no issues whatsoever and nothing to worry about...😂🤣😂😆
Such a well articulated and factually supported post from a clearly well-informed, well-educated consumer with impeccable grammar! You are a credit to this site. Great post and thank you for furthering the discussion with your positions.
ohsmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 08:54 PM   #122
CalgaryZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
Such a well articulated and factually supported post from a clearly well-informed, well-educated consumer with impeccable grammar! You are a credit to this site. Great post and thank you for furthering the discussion with your positions.
Luckily, he doesn’t have to be a well educated, well informed EV consumer he most likely doesn’t live in California. As far as grammar well.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:16 PM   #123
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Tesla is doing just fine. The other manufacturers are finding out how hard it is to break into a market that's been dominated by Tesla. It's not that people don't want EV's contrary to FUD videos like the one you posted, it's that people are uncertain about other brand EVs since there's no track history. The fact is Tesla almost went bankrupt themselves trying to get Tesla off the ground. The big auto manufacturers have deeper pockets and they went all in thinking they would dominate the EV market based on their own brands reputation. They overestimated demand for THEIR EVs, not EV's in general. It also costs quite a lot to get EV production off the ground as Elon learned himself. He's just a much smarter businessman than any of the big auto manufacturers CEOs.

https://backlinko.com/tesla-stats
Every EV startup including Tesla, Rivian, Lucid have experienced ridiculous cash burn their first several years. Ford and GM are experiencing the same right now and they fully expected that to be the case. I’m sure they are surprised and disappointed in their current sales rates. In GM’s case in particular, it is not because people don’t want to buy them. It’s that they have not gotten their production system up to speed. Lyriq launched a year and a half ago. My boss put in a reservation for a 2-motor Lyriq on the first day reservations opened up. She just got it last week. They started out only delivering single motor cars with the expectation of starting to deliver 2-motor cars a few months later. Months turned into a year.

Similar situation with Blazer EV. I got tired of waiting and got a Tesla. They are still only trickling out of the factory. Equinox EV and Sierra EV are delayed while GM figures out how to get Blazer EV and Silverado EV built at decent volumes.

Ford is a little different. I’m sure they expected Lightning to sell a lot better than it does. I expect GM is paying attention as they plan their production ramp for Silverado EV. Mustang Mach E has actually been selling at a fairly consistent 3,500 per month. It is the 4th best selling EV. For some reason Ford significantly increased production of Mach E, resulting in way too much inventory. They did that right about the same time Tesla dropped Model Y prices by $5-7,000. I still don’t understand that move. So Ford is not selling less Mach E. They are just building too many.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 09:41 PM   #124
CalgaryZL1

One word, infrastructure. When Ford convinced the government to allow the the model T to go down the road safely and economically so everybody could own one, guess what happened? They built infrastructure.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:29 PM   #125
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
I'm still having issues replying to post on this freaking site. I decided the hell with it and just submit it. 😆
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 10:58 PM   #126
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
I'm still having issues replying to post on this freaking site. I decided the hell with it and just submit it. 😆
Silverado, you should actually read the posts. No one here is trying to convince anyone that EV’s are the solution or the only choice. They are however a choice in some cases with extreme performance like no other. It’s simply a choice not a mandate.
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote