Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-28-2018, 07:20 AM   #15
Bayles76

Drives: 16 Summit 2SS, 92 Arctic Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Check out Al’s response in the Ask Al forum. He explains it pretty well.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527133
Thanks! this is the thread I mentioned in my update. I couldn't remember where i found this but i remembered reading it.

Still waiting on my call thismorning. Ill update everyone when I get the call.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 08-28-2018, 10:23 AM   #16
Bayles76

-UPDATE-

I just got the call, they say it's all good and ready to be picked up. I will be going to pick it up this evening after work.

The Dealership is about an hour and a half away over interstate, highway and through a few small towns. That being said there is plenty of time and road for me to test the car out myself and feel for any more shakes or slips.

Fingers crossed I caught it early enough.

I will update again tonight after I bring the car home.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:09 PM   #17
Bayles76

Smile

-UPDATE-

While driving the car home from the dealership last night I think i felt a little bit of the shudder still there but I'm not certain. I feel like it might be just my paranoia of the issue. If it was there it was only at around 73mph with the cruise set.

Drove the car to work today and all was well. No issues, shifted smoother than it used to and I didn't feel anything driving around "normally".

If anything happens after this update i will post it here again and let you guys know. Thanks to everyone who replied to this and shared their stories and information.

Lets hope it's dealt with and not coming back.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:30 PM   #18
Yeti6

Drives: 2019 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayles76 View Post
-UPDATE-

While driving the car home from the dealership last night I think i felt a little bit of the shudder still there but I'm not certain. I feel like it might be just my paranoia of the issue. If it was there it was only at around 73mph with the cruise set.

Drove the car to work today and all was well. No issues, shifted smoother than it used to and I didn't feel anything driving around "normally".

If anything happens after this update i will post it here again and let you guys know. Thanks to everyone who replied to this and shared their stories and information.

Thanks for the update. I had mine replaced a few weeks ago and now I'm paranoid about every slight rumble I feel. I haven't driven it much yet, plan on putting some miles on it this weekend though. I'm hoping I never have to deal with the TC shutter again.
Yeti6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:01 PM   #19
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayles76 View Post
-UPDATE-

Thank you for the update! Mine goes in this Saturday for the first step. I’m assuming they are going to try the flush this time, but I feel it will be on it’s way to a new torque converter soon after. Just a hunch. I have printed out the official tsb to have with me just in case the dealer acts clueless. They have been good to me so far. 👍🏻
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:33 AM   #20
zirad54

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, MRC, NPP,
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirad54 View Post
mine just went in last week for the trani flush at just under 7k miles (plus some other work). I hope this cures it but the service manager is already talking about bringing it back in as soon as it acts up again so we can knock out another flush and move to the TC.
Got mine back on Tuesday. Put about 90 miles on it so far and no issues. Going to put some miles on it this weekend. Hopefully all is good.
zirad54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:55 PM   #21
Markst

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Finally getting mine back today....almost 3 weeks at the dealer to replace TC and fix the AFM valve squeak...hopefully the fixes will last
Markst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:55 AM   #22
baf2000

Drives: 2016 1ss
Got mine back today, after one day service . Filter change and triple flush. The car seems much better and no shudder. Only time will tell ...
baf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:44 PM   #23
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf2000 View Post
Got mine back today, after one day service . Filter change and triple flush. The car seems much better and no shudder. Only time will tell ...
Same here. Got mine back today. Drove it about 25 miles after picking it up and good so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.

They did the flush and fill with updated fluid, and reflash.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:00 AM   #24
Bayles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
Thank you for the update! Mine goes in this Saturday for the first step. I’m assuming they are going to try the flush this time, but I feel it will be on it’s way to a new torque converter soon after. Just a hunch. I have printed out the official tsb to have with me just in case the dealer acts clueless. They have been good to me so far. 👍🏻
I did the same thing but instead of just printing the one main TSB I printed all 3 lol. While they did appreciate it I was afraid they were going to see me as a know-it-all. They didn't luckily, It helps that I have a great relationship with this dealer and the owner. I worked there for a couple years a little while back. Hope all is well with your car after the flush!
Old 09-13-2018, 09:03 AM   #25
Bayles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti6 View Post
Thanks for the update. I had mine replaced a few weeks ago and now I'm paranoid about every slight rumble I feel. I haven't driven it much yet, plan on putting some miles on it this weekend though. I'm hoping I never have to deal with the TC shutter again.
I was the same way on the way home from the dealership with my car, as i mentioned. I had the radio off the entire time and focused on the car as much as possible. I was trying to feel any little shake at all in the floor of the car or the Trans-tunnel or anything.

So far with a thousand miles on mine I still haven't felt anything that concerns me. It doesnt help the local roads aren't the best but every time I'm out on the highway i always feeling for anything. Still nothing to report though thankfully!
Old 09-13-2018, 09:09 AM   #26
Bayles76

Thank you all for your responses and comments! I appreciate your time and I love how awesome the 6th gen community.

I hope everyone's car are doing well after their flush's or TC replacements!

So far I've put about a thousand miles on my car, with about 75% highway and 25% in town stop and go. I am pleased to announce so far that I have nothing to report badly. The car has been acting great, no shakes (Yet) and the shifts are great! Smooth under normal throttle and quick and sharp on WOT.

I will stay active in this thread as close to daily as possible incase anyone has any questions or updates on their own cars.

Thanks everyone,
Clark
Old 09-13-2018, 09:28 AM   #27
joekchen

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS 50th&01 Firehawk 10th
I got mine done about 1-2 months ago. So far so good. Thanks CAMARO6
joekchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:39 AM   #28
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
Update on my car: 10k miles on the new converter and still working perfect (27k total miles on car)
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic, shudder, torque converter