Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-25-2018, 07:42 AM   #2129
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
^^ But Chevy has stepped backwards in the looks department, which is nothing short of VITAL to sales and continued interest. They have a great platform with the 6th Gen Camaro and they've proven to us that they can make a car that is both fast and handles like it's on rails. HOWEVER, ugly is what it is, and it's sad to see them take a great performing car and make it an eye sore. Some of you need to accept that there are those of us who simply don't like the 2019 "refresh" even a little. The '16-18 models were aggressive looking, much moreso than 5th Gens, but now they've taken that aggressive look away and what's left is something truly baffling.
Everyone needs to accept that everyone else has an opinion.

I find the new refresh to look more aggressive than what it replaces. Is it better? It's very different.

Some think it's ugly...some love it. Once everyone sees it in person, half of the people who think it's ugly won't anymore. This is the story as it's been repeated every generation, and every refresh......
Old 05-25-2018, 07:55 AM   #2130
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Everyone needs to accept that everyone else has an opinion.

I find the new refresh to look more aggressive than what it replaces. Is it better? It's very different.

Some think it's ugly...some love it. Once everyone sees it in person, half of the people who think it's ugly won't anymore. This is the story as it's been repeated every generation, and every refresh......
I've around since 2009. Ive never seen so many no liking this car as the 2019. Sure the refresh of the Gen5 caused some waives ,but nothing like this. I have yet to talk to anyone outside of this site that likes this car. I know there are some here that like it ,and im glad. I hope they sell the shit out of them. I want this car around for years to come. I respect everyone's opinion. None of us are right and none of us are wrong.
Have a great weekend everyone!!
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:12 AM   #2131
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I've around since 2009. Ive never seen so many no liking this car as the 2019.
Same here, 2007 (yikes!!) and I agree the response is widespread. Except...the reactions were similar when the 2010 SS fascia was leaked in 08.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I respect everyone's opinion. None of us are right and none of us are wrong. Have a great weekend everyone!!
Also agreed 100%!
Old 05-25-2018, 08:43 AM   #2132
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
It’s not about right and wrong, but making enough waves that GM can hear us. I’m sure they know already the majority’s opinion on this refresh. So they can fix the next one. Having thousands of complains all around social media is good
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:57 AM   #2133
cskipgo

Drives: 2019 2SS A10 Shadow Gray
I think a part of the issue here is that social media and forums are increasing in usage and society is growing more bold in voicing their opinions. The boundary of what people can and will say is no longer restricted to truths. Opinions get exaggerated and over emphasized and many are losing the clear line that divides fact and opinion. This was not as much an issue with previous changes as technology did not have as large a forum to allow voice.

Any change is going to have opposition. Often the strongest voices are from opposition NOT supporters.

There have been many voices questioning Chevy and their decisions. Ultimately they are a corporation that exists to make money, and that is where their loyalty exists. I don't understand the need to compare sales to Dodge or Mustang. I don't think the Camaro "target" is winning the sales "quantity" race, it is profit for Chevy.
cskipgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:17 AM   #2134
mjross

Drives: 2014 Vette Stingray,2017 Camaro 2SS
My 2017 2SS is one amazing machine. I traded my 2013 ZL1 for it and I tend to drive it more than my C7 Vette. When I drove the 17 I remember saying “Chevy really got this right this time”. However, the new refresh just does not do it for me. Not that that really means anything or makes a difference. I just hope like hell they look better in person.

Last edited by mjross; 05-25-2018 at 12:24 PM.
mjross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:21 AM   #2135
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
It’s not about right and wrong, but making enough waves that GM can hear us. I’m sure they know already the majority’s opinion on this refresh. So they can fix the next one. Having thousands of complains all around social media is good
They heard all the complaints when the Gen 6 came out , there was and still is a lot of people who don"t like it . GM don't care if you like the new design or not any more then they cared about people not being able to see out of it . No one knows for sure how well the refresh will sell,the majority is not always right .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:33 AM   #2136
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by cskipgo View Post
I think a part of the issue here is that social media and forums are increasing in usage and society is growing more bold in voicing their opinions. The boundary of what people can and will say is no longer restricted to truths. Opinions get exaggerated and over emphasized and many are losing the clear line that divides fact and opinion. This was not as much an issue with previous changes as technology did not have as large a forum to allow voice.

Any change is going to have opposition. Often the strongest voices are from opposition NOT supporters.

There have been many voices questioning Chevy and their decisions. Ultimately they are a corporation that exists to make money, and that is where their loyalty exists. I don't understand the need to compare sales to Dodge or Mustang. I don't think the Camaro "target" is winning the sales "quantity" race, it is profit for Chevy.
It's a good thing the internet wasn't around when the 3rd generation first came out , i seen grown men cry back then . I do agree with you 100%, and Chevy won't allow the internet crowd refresh haters to run there corporation either.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:35 AM   #2137
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cskipgo View Post

Who cares. Only sheep and followers and non free thinkers buy into the social media effect. I'm on the other side. I rarely, if at any time, believe anything I see online so. I don't buy into what you trying to sell.

As far as Chevy goes. They gonna do what they do regardless of what goes on in here or on social media. It's about $ first. Not about what is being said and where. I won't lie tho, their commercials............wow. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to death.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:45 AM   #2138
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Chevy's advertising behavior tells me two things about their ad spend strategy:

1. They don't need to advertise the Camaro. It's profitable enough for the competition/market that it's in. And for their ad dollar, they don't perceive an improved bang/buck benefit by throwing more (any?) ad dollars at Camaro. It sells itself well enough for Chevy.

2. They do need to advertise their SUVs and sedans, where they need more attention on the brand to highlight their points of difference vs. competition and create demand where SUV's are a dime a dozen and sedans are dieing on the vine.

The old SWOT analysis. Camaro is strong. Sedans are weak. SUV options are a $/feature opportunity. And the entire world is a threat.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:49 AM   #2139
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Do ads work anymore in this century? It’s not like you don’t or can’t inform yourself on their website, forums and so on. Clearly an ad doesn’t get thru me until I see a product by myself, read about it, inform myself and see real facts. Does anyone buy a car because they saw it on TV anymore?
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:54 AM   #2140
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Do ads work anymore in this century? It’s not like you don’t or can’t inform yourself on their website, forums and so on. Clearly an ad doesn’t get thru me until I see a product by myself, read about it, inform myself and see real facts. Does anyone buy a car because they saw it on TV anymore?
Perhaps not, but it could make them go do a little more research on the internet though, and in this day and age, that's probably enough (if the research shows the car lives up to the hype).
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:58 PM   #2141
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Chevy's advertising behavior tells me two things about their ad spend strategy:

1. They don't need to advertise the Camaro. It's profitable enough for the competition/market that it's in. And for their ad dollar, they don't perceive an improved bang/buck benefit by throwing more (any?) ad dollars at Camaro. It sells itself well enough for Chevy.

2. They do need to advertise their SUVs and sedans, where they need more attention on the brand to highlight their points of difference vs. competition and create demand where SUV's are a dime a dozen and sedans are dieing on the vine.

The old SWOT analysis. Camaro is strong. Sedans are weak. SUV options are a $/feature opportunity. And the entire world is a threat.
With the Aplha Camaro, Chevy has accomplished changing perceptions without spending a dime. Every automotive writer and performance enthusiast now knows the entire Alpha Camaro line offers world class performance. They may dislike aspects of the Camaro or hate Chevrolet in general, but there it no denying it’s capabilities. The Camaro is a stud.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 01:16 PM   #2142
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
I saw my first one today. It was a red SS. I honestly don't think anyone is going to change their opinion after seeing it in person... It looks exactly like it does in the pictures. Keep in mind I passed it on the freeway and this wasn't a close-up walk-around so take that for what it's worth.

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!