Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-16-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
aauno

Drives: Camaro - All Black Convertible
Dream Cruise Weekend

A number of members of the Motor City Camaro Club have asked me about my Weekend plans during the Dream Cruise. I guess since you elected me the Event Director some think I know what to do this weekend.

I can only speak for myself. I plan on having a blast!

On Friday I start the morning at:

O'Reilly Auto Parts for a Cars and Coffee (trophies to be awarded) 08:00 - 10:00
874 Ann Arbor Road
Plymouth MI

I then head to:
Pre-Cruise Kickoff Car Show at MRT (lunch provided) from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
45646 Port Street
Plymouth MI

I will leave MRT about 1:15 PM and head to Woodward for...

Dreams Come True Event 2:00PM - 6:00PM
D-Man (Danny's Miracle Angel Network)

Dawda Mann Building (Back Lot)​
38533 Woodward Ave
Bloomfield Hills, MI​

The "Dreams Come True on Woodward" event enables our wheelchair-bound friends to get out of that chair for the day and into a convertible to enjoy all of the Festivities of the Woodward Dream Cruise.

I will leave the Dreams Come True Event around 4:30 to head back to Ann Arbor and pickup my wife Janet for ....

The Metro Detroit Dealers 7th Annual Chevy Party on Woodward 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Royal Oak Memorial Park
13 Mile and Woodward

And that will complete my Friday

Saturday, I will be with the Motor City Camaro Club tent which is also at:
Royal Oak Memorial Park
13 Mile and Woodward

This weekend will be a blast!
aauno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #2
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
I’m gonna miss cruising up and down Woodward Ave in Royal Oak. Rip Queen.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:38 PM   #3
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
CJ,

Thanks for posting all that. I want to participate in the Dreams Come True event. I missed last year, but can do it this year. I'll capture the address from your post above and just plan to be there. But I will also try to register via the MCCC site. Glad you posted this, or I would have forgotten.

James
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:48 PM   #4
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aauno View Post
A number of members of the Motor City Camaro Club have asked me about my Weekend plans during the Dream Cruise. I guess since you elected me the Event Director some think I know what to do this weekend.

I can only speak for myself. I plan on having a blast!

On Friday I start the morning at:

O'Reilly Auto Parts for a Cars and Coffee (trophies to be awarded) 08:00 - 10:00
874 Ann Arbor Road
Plymouth MI

I then head to:
Pre-Cruise Kickoff Car Show at MRT (lunch provided) from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
45646 Port Street
Plymouth MI

I will leave MRT about 1:15 PM and head to Woodward for...

Dreams Come True Event 2:00PM - 6:00PM
D-Man (Danny's Miracle Angel Network)

Dawda Mann Building (Back Lot)​
38533 Woodward Ave
Bloomfield Hills, MI​

The "Dreams Come True on Woodward" event enables our wheelchair-bound friends to get out of that chair for the day and into a convertible to enjoy all of the Festivities of the Woodward Dream Cruise.

I will leave the Dreams Come True Event around 4:30 to head back to Ann Arbor and pickup my wife Janet for ....

The Metro Detroit Dealers 7th Annual Chevy Party on Woodward 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Royal Oak Memorial Park
13 Mile and Woodward

And that will complete my Friday

Saturday, I will be with the Motor City Camaro Club tent which is also at:
Royal Oak Memorial Park
13 Mile and Woodward

This weekend will be a blast!
Awesome!

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...d-dream-cruise

Great to See You tonight...
& ...Looking Forward to... Tomorrow!

Becky

Last edited by JoeP@TeamBeckyD; 08-17-2018 at 09:58 PM.
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:59 AM   #5
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Gonna have to make a trip up next summer and do the Dream Cruise with my MCCC friends an event I have wanted to do for years.

Will need to coordinate with Becky or CJ and ride shot gun with one of them

You all have fun today
Old 08-18-2018, 08:52 AM   #6
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
When I lived in Windsor Canada I was always a spectator, never a participant. Wanted to get there this year but didn't happen. Next year I hope to get up there and would love to participate in giving folks rides.
AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:06 PM   #7
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

D-MAN Dreams Come True

Some shots from some of my activities (so far) this weekend...

First, the D-MAN Dreams Come True event. My first (but not last) time participating. Very inspiring. Most of the passengers are paraplegic or quadriplegic, but still very aware. They just want to get outside and enjoy life. Danny’s Magic Angel Network (D-MAN) provides that opportunity by allowing them to enjoy the Woodward Dream Cruise as a front seat passenger in a cool car. They prefer convertibles for reasons that will become apparent in a minute, but for some of the more mobile passengers, coupes and sedans also worked.

They set up a tent with several lifts. The passengers choose which car they want to go for a ride in and then that car is brought in, top lowered and the lifts are used to place the passenger into the car. If it’s a rainy day, the top can then go back up, but on dry days, as yesterday was about 98% of the time, the top stays down and we cruise.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 08-18-2018 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:13 PM   #8
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

M1 Concourse Garage Crawl

So I have a friend who owns a garage at M1 Concourse. Every year they do a garage crawl, where the owners can show off their garages and the toys that they leave in them. Everybody gets to outfit and decorate their garage as they see fit. Some are company owned, but most are personally owned. I was totally blown away. These folks live life very differently than I do.

My friend is just getting started with his garage, so all that was in it was his C7 Grand Sport and one of his friends’ cars. I’ll just leave this right here....
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2018, 06:28 PM   #9
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

As I mentioned, the garage owners have a lot of latitude in terms of how they outfit their garages. Most have room for one or several cars on the ground level, and then construct a loft area that can be anything from a small apartment to a small office to additional car storage. One garage even houses the trailer for the owner’s track cars. My favorite garage (car wise) was the one that housed two of my dream cars....a ‘63 Split Window Coupe and a ‘68 Shelby GT350 Convertible. He also has a ‘62 Vette, a ‘61 Cadillac, and a fifth car that I can’t remember because I was too busy drooling over the other four. And he had a ‘64 Pontiac Tempest with GTO package parked in front. One of the most eclectic garages was one that was really two garages combined and opened up for maximum space. Combining two garages also allowed him to have it open from both sides. It’s the third picture below. I say eclectic because the cars in the garage were a Lambo, a Ferrari, a Maserati, a Bentley (and another Bentley outside) a WS6 Trans Am and a purple Demon. And for what it’s worth, I stopped counting Demons (not Hellcats, Demons) after about 6 or 7.
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2018, 06:36 PM   #10
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

At the end of the night I ended up having a fun conversation with a couple friends, including Dan Nicholson (VP GM Propulsion Systems) whom I’ve known and/or worked for for years, and Raj Nair, who I had just met for the first time at this event (think about that first picture for a sec). Awesome evening.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:56 PM   #11
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

THE CRUISE!!!!

First of all, I missed out on a lot of the Camaro Club and Chevrolet special events because I procrastinated on registering (idiot). So I just drove Woodward from 8 Mile up to just north of 14 Mile where Chevrolet had a big display.

First....I can now officially say that I have moved from ambivalent about the 2019 SS styling to firmly in the “I like it” column. Not ready to trade in my Fifty for one, because I love my Fifty, but if I was in the market for a new Camaro, I wouldn’t hesitate to pull the trigger on a 19 SS. Pics later. First, some pics of cool vehicles, including some you would only see at Woodward.

To be honest, almost any day in Detroit you can come to a light with a Challenger, a Camaro, and a Mustang side-by-side-by-side. But in this case, the Mustang is a Bullitt. And what you don’t see is the blue 45th Anniversary Mustang to my left, the red Gen 6 Camaro SS vert behind me and the Shelby GT500 next to that.

The Beetle....what can I say? The wind up key turns as it drives. The body opens and closes hydraulically, and it sounded like it has some crazy cam profiles.

The next two pictures just shows part of what is in the Oakland County Sheriff’s fleet of official vehicles. The C5, along with a Challenger Hemi that I photographed at another event, were confiscated from drug dealers.

Took a while for me to figure it out, but that pile of crap next to the Mustang started life as a Pontiac Fiero.

KITT, don’t remember the movie or TV series, and Batmobile.

19 SS vert and coupe.......

....and Elvis

I’ll have to look to see what I saved on my dashcam and maybe ad some shots from that to this thread.
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2018, 09:01 PM   #12
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Great photos very cool thing allowing Danny’s Magic Angel Network (D-MAN) to use your car to provide them a kick A$$ ride.

I really want to fly up next year and participate in the fun.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:46 PM   #13
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
Awesome pix and recollections; keep them churning bruh. I'll be checking this thread regularly to see what you post next.
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:38 AM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Oh man... these pics made my morning. Love those garage complexes. We have one breaking ground in Houston now. Comes with an HOA and all. I can see where this is a necessity up North.

I spied Al's convertible in there too.

Can't wait to go to this again. It's going back on my bucket list.