Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-02-2017, 09:51 AM   #1
Hurst
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS, LS3
Question Resizing Pics?

I believe this site used to resize the pics to fit the posts, but it doesn't seem to be happening now. I typically post from my iPhone and the pics are huge. So what is the trick? And how do you correct upside down pics?
Old 06-02-2017, 12:07 PM   #2
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
The site does still re-size them but it seems the parameters were increased to allow bigger pictures before they are re-sized which I don't like as well. They are too big now. Vbulletin has settings to adjust for that.

Another thing that helps is after you upload pics "embed" them into the post.

AFTER you up load the pic...
Put your cursor where you want the picture and Click the arrow next to the paper clip and then click the picture name. In this case Capture (1).jpg

Name:  Capture (1).JPG
Views: 261
Size:  18.6 KB

It allow you to put text between pictures as well. I embed a ton of pics on this site so they look better. Especially in the op where it has the big line around the pic.

Looks much better this way and saves a little space on those HUGE pictures.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:06 PM   #3
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
You can use MS Paint to resize and rotate photos quickly before you post if anything.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 05:42 AM   #4
Hurst
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS, LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
The site does still re-size them but it seems the parameters were increased to allow bigger pictures before they are re-sized which I don't like as well. They are too big now. Vbulletin has settings to adjust for that.

Another thing that helps is after you upload pics "embed" them into the post.

AFTER you up load the pic...
Put your cursor where you want the picture and Click the arrow next to the paper clip and then click the picture name. In this case Capture (1).jpg

It allow you to put text between pictures as well. I embed a ton of pics on this site so they look better. Especially in the op where it has the big line around the pic.

Looks much better this way and saves a little space on those HUGE pictures.
Thanks... I will use this going forward.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:15 AM   #5
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
I find if I'm on a PC that using tinypic.com works really well. Once you upload the desired image, it provides you with a forum code (often looks like [IMG]urlhere[/IMG]) and it's always resized perfectly for my taste. Just my opinion.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:53 AM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
I find if I'm on a PC that using tinypic.com works really well. Once you upload the desired image, it provides you with a forum code (often looks like [IMG]urlhere[/IMG]) and it's always resized perfectly for my taste. Just my opinion.
That's a good tip as well. Some sizing numbers in those HTML tags would do the trick.

Another thing I do when I have lots of pics to upload is
1) Highlight the entire group of pictures.
2) Right click and "send to" Outlook e-mail. A dialogue box pops up to resize them.
3) I choose 1024 x 768 and it will attach all your pics to an e-mail.
4) Instead of sending the e-mail I copy all the attached pics to a folder and then upload them here.

That's just a fast way to re-size for me anyway... Especially when I have 50 or more pics to upload.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:51 PM   #7
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
That's a good tip as well. Some sizing numbers in those HTML tags would do the trick.

2) Right click and "send to" Outlook e-mail. A dialogue box pops up to resize them.
4) Instead of sending the e-mail I copy all the attached pics to a folder and then upload them here.

That's just a fast way to re-size for me anyway... Especially when I have 50 or more pics to upload.
Yeah that would definitely do the trick as well! Not to mention much faster
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:02 AM   #8
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:

GREAT info.! Thanks....
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote