Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-21-2021, 11:48 PM   #1
airtroop01

Drives: 2018 Cadillac CTS-V
Group buy for the Weaponx Boost Chiller

I’m a CTS-V3 owner but have been following this board for some time since there’s a lot of similarities between us albeit we have more back seat room.

Mods: I hope this is okay to post here. I’m just an interested customer and receive no compensation for this effort.

I am checking to see how many of you are interested in a group buy for the WeaponX Boost Chiller?

https://weaponxmotorsports.com/colle...13633797521457

Brent Weaponx Gunn said that if we get 5 committed people we’re a go for this. If we don’t have enough on this board I’ll start posting for interest on the others as well.

Details:
Original retail is $2249.10 without shipping.
GB price is $1999 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
airtroop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:48 AM   #2
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtroop01 View Post
I’m a CTS-V3 owner but have been following this board for some time since there’s a lot of similarities between us albeit we have more back seat room.

Mods: I hope this is okay to post here. I’m just an interested customer and receive no compensation for this effort.

I am checking to see how many of you are interested in a group buy for the WeaponX Boost Chiller?

https://weaponxmotorsports.com/colle...13633797521457

Brent Weaponx Gunn said that if we get 5 committed people we’re a go for this. If we don’t have enough on this board I’ll start posting for interest on the others as well.

Details:
Original retail is $2249.10 without shipping.
GB price is $1999 shipped.

I have actually been checking into these because of the massive overwhelming heat here in Thailand. But I want to road race the car and I have heard these may leak a little condensation onto the track which is a big no no. There was another company that I think was less expensive and says their product is made for road racing. I like the idea, let's wait a bit and see what kind of feedback comes across this thread.
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 08:21 AM   #3
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
I was thinking in adding this also and I believe many people have said that Forced induction interchiller is superior. Also it has 2 modes in which race mode doesn't produce condensation.

https://www.cspracing.com/forced-ind...g6-camaro-zl1/
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 03:00 PM   #4
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 View Post
I have actually been checking into these because of the massive overwhelming heat here in Thailand. But I want to road race the car and I have heard these may leak a little condensation onto the track which is a big no no. There was another company that I think was less expensive and says their product is made for road racing. I like the idea, let's wait a bit and see what kind of feedback comes across this thread.
Have you come across anyone with first-hand experience with one of these on a road-course car? I'd love to hear their experience. Most people are drag-race oriented.

I need 20 minutes, not 10 seconds.

2017 1SS 1LE - 663 whp/623 wtq
Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:11 AM   #5
airtroop01

I plan to use it on the road course as well.
In competition mode, it won’t drip onto the track. How it holds up over a 20min open track run will be interesting... but it’s gotta be better than stock. My guess is that it will be more than fine since on the track we’re not WOT the whole time just on the straights and exiting the corners. That gives a good bit of time to recover.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:13 AM   #6
airtroop01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
I was thinking in adding this also and I believe many people have said that Forced induction interchiller is superior. Also it has 2 modes in which race mode doesn't produce condensation.

https://www.cspracing.com/forced-ind...g6-camaro-zl1/

Some of the kits cut into the front bumper support... so beware of that. I don’t want to compromise the ability to walk out of an accident although I am not planning on wrecking my car. Then again, who does?

Old 02-23-2021, 03:34 AM   #7
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
Have you come across anyone with first-hand experience with one of these on a road-course car? I'd love to hear their experience. Most people are drag-race oriented.

I need 20 minutes, not 10 seconds.
Chillers give you far more than 10 seconds of cooling but in a road course environment, they are less effective.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:58 AM   #8
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

I actually looked into a few but "active Interchiller" says they have a road race version that doesn't cut into the line, and you can actually run both at the same time without condensation..... They supposedly have some proprietary design that is supposed to be cutting edge. It sounds pretty nice and I'm seriously thinking about it rather than enlarging the exchangers which is over 1/2 the price of their system, 1,300 Bucks. But you know what they say about when it sounds too good to be true.... However, it's intriguing that's for sure.
Old 02-24-2021, 12:11 PM   #9
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

fiinterchiller seems to really have a nice one also, with apparently a lot of customers
Old 02-24-2021, 10:43 PM   #10
airtroop01

There are a lot of options out there, the reason I liked their kit is because it’s plug and play, has the diverter valve so you can leave it in 50/50 mode splitting the AC, or put it into 100% competition mode so the supercharger coolant gets all of the cooling capacity and then also includes a thermostatically controlled valve that bypasses the heat exchanger. Which is good cause if there’s a problem with the system, you can still use factory mode.

I had a boost chiller before on another vehicle by another manufacturer and had a lot of issues. This one is built way better and a few folks on the other board have had some really good results with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk