Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-20-2021, 08:49 PM   #15
Aaron07

Drives: 2017 2SS F1FTY
Keep in mind the 1LE would be have been the most likely to have been tracked.
Aaron07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:50 PM   #16
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_White View Post
So I know....7500 miles isn't a lot. I have a "fun car" that I take out on nice days. That one only goes about 2500 miles/yr, and most of those miles are cruises with the club. With COVID, I have been laid off and found a new job. Almost all jobs are work from home here in Detroit. And many don't see the need to go back to an office setting...ever. So I'm not even sure I'd drive 7500 miles anymore. I've averaged about 13,000/yr up until this last year.
Same here, with pandemic restrictions have been averaging 7K miles anually.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:57 PM   #17

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
So in the VIN, what does 1G1FG1R73 have or not have compared to 1G1FG1R75 ???? Like back in the day at the Lincoln dealer I worked at, U68 was FWD and U88 was AWD..... So what's different between an R73 and an R75?? Is there any difference?
http://vindecipher.com/omnivin/
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:00 PM   #18
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
On one hand, if you don't track or road course your car, PDR is useless, on the other, PDR would be a must for someone who does upon resale. Black will detail beautifully, however are you a detail kinda guy? If not, it could become a nightmare, but it does have the least miles, which makes it more appealing regarding warranty and resale. Finally, I don't think red tops the list as one of the most sought after colors, but rather a color that you just gotta have if you love the color red and I have seen some sweet looking red cars, it too is rather appealing because of the low miles.

If the Carfax is clean and the one you prefer passes an unbias dealer inspection, which I highly recommend, then it comes down to esthetic's...so pic your passion!

Memories:

2017 50th Anniversary Camaro Convertible (Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper (Sold)
2005 Lingenfelter Corvette (Sold)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (Sold)
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:20 PM   #19
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
1LE for looks and weekend track days, 2ss for practicality and daily driving.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 11:25 PM   #20
cerino2000

Drives: C6 Vette
What do you plan on doing with the car? Just daily driver? Road course car? Drag car?
cerino2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 11:45 PM   #21
Ghost_White

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerino2000 View Post
What do you plan on doing with the car? Just daily driver? Road course car? Drag car?
I would be possibly tracking the car. I have a close friend that manages M1 here in Pontiac. It's a condo racetrack. So a combo of them all. It's just that the 2SS 1LE is a great deal. Clean carfax and $38k with 23k miles. I'm thinking resale value when I get sick of it in 2 years...LOL. By then I'll be old and want a luxury car....
Ghost_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 01:44 AM   #22
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I go for most performance. I don’t mind the bumpier ride and i like the 1le wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 07:40 AM   #23
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:
I would be possibly tracking the car. I have a close friend that manages M1 here in Pontiac. It's a condo racetrack. So a combo of them all. It's just that the 2SS 1LE is a great deal. Clean carfax and $38k with 23k miles. I'm thinking resale value when I get sick of it in 2 years...LOL. By then I'll be old and want a luxury car....
I wouldn’t be too concerned about resale value as most of us Camaro owners aren’t worried about it. If you want and like the 1LE then go get it and enjoy driving the heck out of it. Btw, I will be 63 next month and I’m surely not going to get rid of my ZL1 for a luxury car. I think after you drive that 1LE you will see what everyone here is talking about.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:51 AM   #24
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
I much prefer the 1LE as long as it is clean with no paint work or rim damage. If you do daily drive the 1LE, you will need to replace tires with something that is weather friendly. Try and find close, it’s very important to look the cars over and under. It’s my understanding the original selling GM dealer can order replacement window stickers up to a year after sale. I know it’s 2021 but it may still be worth a call. Good luck and choose wisely!! 23k miles on a 2019 tells me it was daily driven and probably mostly highway, if it’s clean the higher miles wouldn’t concern. That said, if buying used, I would still be looking to get some type of warranty. Also, don’t settle, get the color and options you want even if it means renting for a few months until folks start trading in and the pickings increase.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 08:32 AM   #25
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
I’d say lower miles, but I’m not a huge white car kinda guy.

I know people have hang ups on the sunroof, almost all my cars in the last 20yrs have had them. Not sure I’d buy one without it to be honest.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 09:23 AM   #26
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
I'm going to buy a "new to me" Camaro in the next week. I have a choice of the following:

**Note that all are 6spd, all are still under OE warranty for at least 9 months

2019 2SS w/1LE pkg. and PDR red w/black int. 23k miles

2019 2SS white with black interior, power sunroof 5800 miles

2019 2SS Red with black interior, power sunroof 12k miles

All are priced within $1000 of each other. One is one the east coast, one is on a vehicle sales website and one is 40 miles from my house. My question to all of you is which one is the better buy? Which one will hold it's value more. This will be a daily driver for me for the next year, maybe two, of which I might put 15k on it over 2 years. I'm leaning toward the one with the 1LE package. I currently have a Charger Scat that I'm leasing and it's up in 2 months, but I can make about $5k on it by getting rid of it early and having the dealer buy it.

On a side note, is there anyway to get a build sheet for them, or a window sticker???

One last question...I know the PDR gets rid of emergency braking, does it get rid of Lane Keep too???
If you plan to track the car at all (either drag strip or *real* track ), I'd try to find one to sit in with & without a sunroof and bring your helmet. I'm 6'2" and with a helmet on, I need to adjust my seat from where I normally have it just so the helmet clears the headliner. My car does not have a sunroof. The sunroof eats into about 1" of headroom (ballpark estimate based on sitting in both cars). That potentially would narrow down the options.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 10:31 AM   #27
Ghost_White

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
On one hand, if you don't track or road course your car, PDR is useless, on the other, PDR would be a must for someone who does upon resale. Black will detail beautifully, however are you a detail kinda guy? !
I'm a big car guy. I wash my cars probably 3x a week. I can't stand a dirty car. I ceramic coated my current car the first day I got it. I will do any paint correction necessary and then the Camaro will get a ceramic coating. It's so much easier to clean that way. The wheels will also get a ceramic coating. I just got wheels on my fun car and ceramic coated them. They don't collect any brake dust at all.
Ghost_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 10:36 PM   #28
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
I'm a big car guy. I wash my cars probably 3x a week. I can't stand a dirty car. I ceramic coated my current car the first day I got it. I will do any paint correction necessary and then the Camaro will get a ceramic coating. It's so much easier to clean that way. The wheels will also get a ceramic coating. I just got wheels on my fun car and ceramic coated them. They don't collect any brake dust at all.
You can ceramic coat the SS wheels all you want but unless you swap out the OEM Brembo pads you’ll be cleaning brake dust 3-4x a week! I got my Powerstop Z26 pads and am just waiting for the deep freeze to be over and the car to come home from the storage unit!

See you out on Woodward this summer
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote