Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-26-2021, 09:16 AM   #141
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Fair enough and true, I just have to make sure a minor cannot obtain and use the weapon or it is "my fault". Locked up is the "easiest" way, but as you stated, there are ways around that...
That’s been a federal law for quite some time. It doesn’t state one has to lock them up, it simply states that if they obtain them & use it illegally then the parent can be held liable.

There have been many cases, most recent one I can recall with certainty was in TX, where a minor has retrieved a weapon from a safe & used it to stop a burglary or home invasion. The one I’m remembering was a 15yr old was home with his little brother when a group of thugs busted in. He ran to the safe, grabbed an AR, & killed one or two of them. I’m actually vague on whether they were even in a safe. I just remember the verbiage “grabbed his father’s AR”.

It really goes back to what you said prior, the parents. Teach your kids right & wrong & try to instill values & morality. If people did that the world would be a better place.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:46 PM   #142
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
But, if the guy stole his mom's car and mowed kids down on the sidewalk it would of a tragic event. No one would require the car keys to be locked in a safe. And, even though events like that have occurred, not one soul is advocating for it.
Two very diferente things.

Their Intended Purpose—the kid couldn’t have mowed down all those children in their classrooms with his car.
The Percentage of the Population Using Them—way more people using cars.
How Often They Are Used—self explanatory.
The Nature Of The Casualties—accidental vs purposeful.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:11 PM   #143
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Last but not least.
Gun ownership... Natural right recognized by our Constitution.
Driving a car... a privilege granted or not by the government.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:57 PM   #144
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
PS.. we no longer live in a news cycle. Everything is propaganda.
It may sound insensitive but people killed by "assault rifles" is statistically non existent. Yet those are the weapons demonized by the anti 2a crowd. The highest percentage of gun death is suicide. Guns are used regularly by violent individuals in the commission of crimes. The statistics using "gun violence" are manipulations because if you havnt noticed zero mention is ever made of guns used in the lawful protection of ones family or property. Although some mention is made when the anti 2a crowd is trying to sell new laws that would make self defense more illegal than the criminal acts being defended against.
A government who feels they need to surround themselves with fence and National Guard Troops does not have the legitimacy to even talk about disarming the law abiding population.
A government who would send agents armed with the very weapons they seek to confiscate from the law abiding public to disarm them has no legitimacy.
Ridiculous claims of how new laws would protect the populace only increase the lack of legitimacy when true facts are considered.
Sensationalized "news" using carefully chosen words seeking to manipulate public opinion are completely discredited by anyone who actually understands the facts.
They have been seeking to disarm the worlds population for many decades. It is not about public safety. It is not reasonable to restrict or punish law abiding citizens for the actions of criminals.
Using tragic criminal events to deprive law abiding citizens of their rights or freedom is a ploy. They know nothing will change. They seek to disarm. They seek to criminalize legal activity. Not stop criminal activity.
Convicted felons are arrested in possession of firearms regularly. That in itself is another felony. They could be put immediately back in prison for the simple act of holding a fire arm. But they are not. They are set free again and again.
False flag events take place. They are used to effect public opinion then the true facts are never told. No facts ever came out about the Vegas shooting. There were a lot of questions about the Sandy Hook shootings. The Parkland shooting was a watershed of "news". designed to instantly use the tragedy to garnish adequate anti gun opinion to enable swift gun legislation. But even as it was taking place their were parents objecting to the use of their personal tragedy. There were questions about the actions of the cops on duty at the school who stood down. There were questions about the Sherrif himself as he was key in a previous Florida shooting.
The biggest failure there was the shooter himself having been in trouble repeatedly. For violent actions. But an Obama era law protected him from his own record being used to protect the other students. A rule which forbid the violent actions to be on his record year after year. He should likely have been locked up prior.
The church shooter in Texas was dishonorably discharged from the Air Force but somehow that record was not reported by the government so he was able to pass a NICS check and legally buy a rifle he would have been prevented from buying under existing Texas law.
One failure of the government after another resulting in violent death of citizens.... then being used by the same government to disarm law abiding citizens... Its absurd.
Now we have the facts being hidden by the big tech companies everyone is dependent on for information.
Im sorry. The more they use violence to try and disarm the public. The more the public sees the need to buy more guns and ammo. The violent rioting of 2020 resulted in such a backlog of new gun buyers they crashed the NICS system. Obamas constant talk of gun control made him the greatest gun salesman of all time. Biden is on track to beat those record sales.
America needs to wake up because we are becoming a dysfunctional authoritarian autocracy.
If its not too late already.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:51 PM   #145
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Two very diferente things.

Their Intended Purpose—the kid couldn’t have mowed down all those children in their classrooms with his car.
I guess no one would be smart enough to wait until school lets out and there are tons of kids streaming out of the building and hanging out on the sidewalks....

Quote:
The Percentage of the Population Using Them—way more people using cars.
The opposite of this statement would be so many people are using them we could do without laws governing the use of them....
(Never mind that it is a Natural Law and even if there is only not one person on the planet who exercises that right it has no validity on negating that right. As contrast, No one has ever had to invoke their 3rd Amendment right. That doesn't mean it isn't still a valid right or that it can be infringed upon.)

Quote:
How Often They Are Used—self explanatory.
I would also surmise with your logic that if I use that if I use superglue every other month it should be highly regulated.

Quote:
The Nature Of The Casualties—accidental vs purposeful.
I'd suppose that if this statement were correct all car bombs, hate crimes, and other mischief using automobiles are strictly "accidents" too.

An automobile can be turned into a deadly weapon just as easy as a gun, a hammer, a rock, the human body, or any other ordinary device could.