Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-18-2017, 07:43 PM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Angry fing pissed

I was just looking at the rear black bow tie the dealer put on the car. Those dirt bag mother Fu*cking Sh*t bag kids they had put it on must have just ripped the old one off. They scratched the hell out of the paint and chipped it down to the metal in 2 places. looks like they used something to pry it off instead of line to cut the tape. Both chips are at corners of the bow tie. Not only is this car scratched to hell all over from sitting outside it now needs paint. Im supposed to be getting the car ceramic coated and clear brawed friday. earlier today while i was washing it the SS on the front grill fell off. the inside piece fell into the bumper. No way am I letting them take the front end off to get it. I dont think I will either. of course i cant find a part number for it and the 16 one is discontinued.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:45 PM   #2
batmobile209

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Wow. What dealership was it? Also, pics.
batmobile209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:46 PM   #3
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
That sucks man. Any chance you could post a picture?
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:48 PM   #4
JCunningham

ya ill go take one
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 04-18-2017, 07:50 PM   #5
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Go straight to the service manager, not the service advisor, NOW....and have him go walk the car with you. Show them exactly what they did and ask him how he's going to rectify it. In addition to making it 100% perfect , you Probably can get some goodies out of this such as the $250 credit for accessories. In your best passive aggressive tone, Remind him you have a service survey that's coming out and you feel TERRIBLE that you're going to have to give a bad remarks… I have the survey work for you.It's a dealer mistake so GM won't be involved, but the service manager has a strong Goodwill budget for things like this.

And if for some reason, the service manager ducks you, go stand right out in front of the general managers door. Don't phone , don't email, go face to face.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:50 PM   #6
Gilley

Drives: 16 Red Hot 2SS
Try using some tape on a stick to retrieve the SS from behind the grill.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:56 PM   #7
JCunningham

unbelievable
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2017, 07:59 PM   #8
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Oh my word. That is pathetic!
Old 04-18-2017, 08:01 PM   #9
theway146

Drives: 2017 SS
I've noticed multiple imperfections on my new 1SS but I finally decided to try to embrace and accept life's imperfections. I'll probably fail lol

Worst was some blistered clearcoat under the hood. Dealer wanted to "fix" it, I said no thanks after they hacked up my '16 Duramax. I said give me some touch up and I'll fix it.
theway146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:01 PM   #10
Glen e

thank your stars they did it on the rear, not the grill. This is totally 100% correctable.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:02 PM   #11
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Ouch...
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:02 PM   #12
JCunningham

ya i know it's correctable but but wtf. there going to have to remove the bow tie to fix all the scratches
Old 04-18-2017, 08:03 PM   #13
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
I would definitely do what Glen e said. I just took my black bow ties and installed them myself because I didn't want this to happen.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:05 PM   #14
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
there going to have to remove the bow tie to fix all the scratches
You bet they will, that takes 10 min, the right way. They need to pull the whole trunk lid and repaint To get this back to 100%.