Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-12-2020, 06:12 PM   #8387
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYguy View Post
^^^^
Very nice.

Just curious:
What width (or widths) did you use to achieve the finish and how did you get it to conform so well?
Just to be clear, if you’re talking about the nav screen or the dash panel or the center console, those are all pieces I ordered from Next Gen Speed. The parts I did from the 3M roll are the IP bezels (the big cowls behind the steering wheel), and the door sills on the inside, and the strut brace and CAI box under the hood. It was just a matter of measure and cut for most of those.

For the CAI box I just cut a 15” x 12” piece, lined it up, and then cut out the pieces over the clear panel and the screws and GM Performance tag. For the brace I just cut a 30” x 6” and wrapped it, seam in the back.

For the bezels, I just popped them off, placed a sheet over them and trimmed away the excess and popped them back on. The sills took the most time because of the big curve near the foot wells. If you look closely you’ll see seams. But I don’t expect anyone to spend any valuable time looking there. Unless they have OCD
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 06:40 PM   #8388
DIYguy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Just to be clear, if you’re talking about the nav screen or the dash panel or the center console, those are all pieces I ordered from Next Gen Speed. The parts I did from the 3M roll are the IP bezels (the big cowls behind the steering wheel), and the door sills on the inside, and the strut brace and CAI box under the hood. It was just a matter of measure and cut for most of those.

For the CAI box I just cut a 15” x 12” piece, lined it up, and then cut out the pieces over the clear panel and the screws and GM Performance tag. For the brace I just cut a 30” x 6” and wrapped it, seam in the back.

For the bezels, I just popped them off, placed a sheet over them and trimmed away the excess and popped them back on. The sills took the most time because of the big curve near the foot wells. If you look closely you’ll see seams. But I don’t expect anyone to spend any valuable time looking there. Unless they have OCD
Thanks!
I am always curious about the processes used to achieve nice looking results like that.
Now that you mention it I do see a couple of seams on the sill piece, but they appear minor to me.
Aligning the pattern hides them well.
I purchased some 3M 1080 blackout film a while back for between the tail lights on mine.
However even with the "shelter in place" experience I haven't found the time to apply it yet.
One of these days...
Supposedly it too has micro channels to release trapped air like the 3M 2080.

Thanks again, it looks great!
Old 05-12-2020, 08:01 PM   #8389
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Where did you get it? I officially named my car and would love to do the same, well not GHOST
https://camaroswag.com/collections/6...-light-overlay
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:48 AM   #8390
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
Well today I had to replace all the tires on my 2016 Camaro 2SS. On my original tires I only got 27,277 miles on them. Went the technician took off the old tires he said that I must have been doing some burn outs, because all four tires were pretty much bald, plus I had two tires that were leaking. I replaced the tires with what came with the car, I had wanted to put on All Season Run Flats, except they could not find and run flats in the size needed for the back tires, so the Goodyear Performance Summer only tires were put back on. Now to see how many miles I get on these tires

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:57 AM   #8391
CoeusAscended

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCoolBreeze View Post
Well today I had to replace all the tires on my 2016 Camaro 2SS. On my original tires I only got 27,277 miles on them. Went the technician took off the old tires he said that I must have been doing some burn outs, because all four tires were pretty much bald, plus I had two tires that were leaking. I replaced the tires with what came with the car, I had wanted to put on All Season Run Flats, except they could not find and run flats in the size needed for the back tires, so the Goodyear Performance Summer only tires were put back on. Now to see how many miles I get on these tires
Jesus, 27k miles?? Thats pretty damn good, most guys get 10k out of them at most with a good amount of spirited driving, these tyres go bald ridiculously fast. After 9k I had 3mm left on my rears, never done a burnout or donut with them up to that point either, honestly while they perform decently well in warm weather, they're shit in all other aspects, a nightmare in the rain, loud, wear fast. I'll never buy them again that's for sure.
CoeusAscended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:25 AM   #8392
AngelCamaroRed2SS

Drives: CaMaro 2SS
Camaro2SS2016Convertible

OK so I picked my first ever muscle car in Feb 2020, bought an unmodified used 2SS Convertible with 17K miles. Here is what I did to my Camaro since then. I like to keep the car with original OEM look and low cost mods.

First mod photo 1 - was putting a plane black license plate frame with stainless steels screws from ace hardware. Never understood why someone would keep a cheap plastic advertisement for GM dealer and let the screws rust out. Keep it simple look.

First mod photo 2 - I really wanted to change my wheels to the 1LE model but too much risk with the fenders not being so far out so I kept what I got. I did change the break pads to Power Stop to go dust free, so far so good.

First mod photo 3 - I put the stow n go front license plate. Plan is to just take my chances and roll w/o plate.

First mod photo 4 - I got a hold of an ipass tollway responder that normally is fixed to the front plate. I tie wrapped it to the grill in set and forget mode. I always hated the look of transponders in the window and I am too lazy to take in and out of glove box.

First mod photo 5-8 - I bought a spy cam, by mobius and converted it to a dash came. I went this route because I wanted a dash came to be a small as possible. In this photo is the drivers seat view and you do not see it. Camera goes on when car goes on and off when car goes off. I powered the usb unit using one of the ports in the arm rest. I unmounted the arm rest and drilled a tiny hole, cut the cable, fed through and ran up the trim, all secure and unseen.

First mod photo 9 - I replaced the fendor badges with the SS badge that is used at the factory for the rear bumper. I bought at gm online parts for $24 a piece. I just could not handle the original camaro flag emblem and wanted an OEM look

Thanks for all your ideas. Hope this helps someone else.
AngelCamaroRed2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:36 AM   #8393
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Photos?
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:54 AM   #8394
AngelCamaroRed2SS

Drives: CaMaro 2SS
Camaro2SS2016Convertible

OK so I picked my first ever muscle car in Feb 2020, bought an unmodified used 2SS Convertible with 17K miles. Here is what I did to my Camaro since then. I like to keep the car with original OEM look and low cost mods.

First mod photo 1 - was putting a plane black license plate frame with stainless steels screws from ace hardware. Never understood why someone would keep a cheap plastic advertisement for GM dealer and let the screws rust out. Keep it simple look.

First mod photo 2 - I really wanted to change my wheels to the 1LE model but too much risk with the fenders not being so far out so I kept what I got. I did change the break pads to Power Stop to go dust free, so far so good.

First mod photo 3 - I put the stow n go front license plate. Plan is to just take my chances and roll w/o plate.

First mod photo 4 - I got a hold of an ipass tollway responder that normally is fixed to the front plate. I tie wrapped it to the grill in set and forget mode. I always hated the look of transponders in the window and I am too lazy to take in and out of glove box.

First mod photo 5-8 - I bought a spy cam, by mobius and converted it to a dash came. I went this route because I wanted a dash came to be a small as possible. In this photo is the drivers seat view and you do not see it. Camera goes on when car goes on and off when car goes off. I powered the usb unit using one of the ports in the arm rest. I unmounted the arm rest and drilled a tiny hole, cut the cable, fed through and ran up the trim, all secure and unseen.

First mod photo 8.5 - I installed the Dewhel lift jack pads. These are a must if you are working on your car. I choose the one that bold on and stay on. I am not sure I fully like visually seeing them, notice red pads under the frame.

First mod photo 9 - I replaced the fendor badges with the SS badge that is used at the factory for the rear bumper. I bought at gm online parts for $24 a piece. I just could not handle the original camaro flag emblem and wanted an OEM look

Thanks for all your thought provoking unique ideas. Hope this helps someone else.
Attached Images

AngelCamaroRed2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:59 PM   #8395
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
loaded

Loaded it for its trip to Jannetty Racing to fix the tune from another shop.
Attached Images

Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:10 PM   #8396
Bruiser0311

Drives: 2020 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Freedom

Washed her up today and installed my flagpole!

God...Country, Corps...Camaro!!! FREEDOM!!!!!
Attached Images

Bruiser0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:27 PM   #8397
Jb54

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS M6
Badass!
Attached Images

Jb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:33 PM   #8398
Bruiser0311

Drives: 2020 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Anyone know how to right these photos? Not sure how 2 showed up in the wrong direction 🤷🏻*♂️
Bruiser0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:50 PM   #8399
koolkat68

Drives: 2022 Vivid Orange Metallic LT1
Put this on my LT1 steering wheel today.
Attached Images

koolkat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:25 PM   #8400
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser0311 View Post
Anyone know how to right these photos? Not sure how 2 showed up in the wrong direction ����*♂️
Here you go
Attached Images

Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote