#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

AWE Tuning

Old 09-28-2017, 12:34 PM   #15
david borla

Drives: Ford GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by david borla View Post
I don't have anything from you yet. Just want to make sure I don't miss your email. Has happened with other forum members in the past and I need to make sure it doesn't happen again. Did you send me something yet?

db
Cancel that. I believe I replied to your email. If it wasn't you, please let me know.
david borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:28 PM   #16
GunnSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by david borla View Post
Cancel that. I believe I replied to your email. If it wasn't you, please let me know.
Yes I got your email and I replied back
GunnSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:18 AM   #17
dyno1000

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
So what's the story from borla. Did they say their headers and midpipe would fit under our cars
Old 10-03-2017, 07:26 AM   #18
aauno

Drives: Camaro - All Black Convertible
I have Dynatech LT headers with high flow cats. MRT in Plymouth Michigan designed a 3in Cat back exhaust for me. So a Cat back system is available for us. Not sure if it's allowed to list phone numbers, but check with Josh at MRT. They ship nationwide.
aauno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:39 PM   #19
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by aauno View Post
I have Dynatech LT headers with high flow cats. MRT in Plymouth Michigan designed a 3in Cat back exhaust for me. So a Cat back system is available for us. Not sure if it's allowed to list phone numbers, but check with Josh at MRT. They ship nationwide.
Do you have any pics or a sound clip? Thx.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:44 PM   #20
GunnSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty Edition
Update: Borla sent me new tips with NPP valves and the mid section with the AFM values and now my system is running without squeaks and rattles. Thanks again Borla for excellent costumer service and quick shipping with the replacement parts. I couldn't be more pleased.
GunnSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #21
ucbrcts

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Hyper Blue w/Rally
tired of reading and searching and ready to install

I have been researching exhaust systems, and appreciate the information in this thread, but when I went to purchase there is a disclaimer that even the axle backs will not work with the convertible models.

Camaro Borla ATAK Axle-Back Exhaust System #11925 - Rear Section

*Fits 2016-2018 Camaro SS models (Excluding Convertible) w/ Quad Exhaust Tips and NPP/Dual Mode Exhaust Valves.

If one were to add a supercharger and the additional horsepower, wouldn't you need to add the additional structure to the frame that exists on the convertible to keep from twisting the frame too much?

And like the others, would like to find the best price, only to spend what I save on more car parts.

Others have suggested just headers and keep stock from the cats back.

debating between the 11921(without NPP) versus the 11925 (NPP).

I'm thinking my neighbors would appreciate the NPP option.

thanks again everyone
ucbrcts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:34 AM   #22
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbrcts View Post
I have been researching exhaust systems, and appreciate the information in this thread, but when I went to purchase there is a disclaimer that even the axle backs will not work with the convertible models.

Camaro Borla ATAK Axle-Back Exhaust System #11925 - Rear Section

*Fits 2016-2018 Camaro SS models (Excluding Convertible) w/ Quad Exhaust Tips and NPP/Dual Mode Exhaust Valves.

If one were to add a supercharger and the additional horsepower, wouldn't you need to add the additional structure to the frame that exists on the convertible to keep from twisting the frame too much?

And like the others, would like to find the best price, only to spend what I save on more car parts.

Others have suggested just headers and keep stock from the cats back.

debating between the 11921(without NPP) versus the 11925 (NPP).

I'm thinking my neighbors would appreciate the NPP option.

thanks again everyone
I have pics of my Borla full cat back installed on my ZL1 vert. It fits

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521147
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:40 AM   #23
ucbrcts

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Hyper Blue w/Rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
I have pics of my Borla full cat back installed on my ZL1 vert. It fits

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521147
I saw your post with the pictures and wanted to do the same, just hesitated to pull the trigger. I wasn't sure if you had to do anything else to make it work. Like I said it looks like the additional structure that would be needed if adding a lot of horse to reinforce the frame of even a coupe.

Other than the reinforcements that come standard on the convertible the rest of the car would be the same as the coupe.

Did you do this or did you take it somewhere?
ucbrcts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:12 PM   #24
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbrcts View Post
I saw your post with the pictures and wanted to do the same, just hesitated to pull the trigger. I wasn't sure if you had to do anything else to make it work. Like I said it looks like the additional structure that would be needed if adding a lot of horse to reinforce the frame of even a coupe.

Other than the reinforcements that come standard on the convertible the rest of the car would be the same as the coupe.

Did you do this or did you take it somewhere?
The bracing is the same for all 6th Gen Bert’s. If it’s good enough for the ZL1 vert, it’s good enough for an SS with a pro charger or supercharger

I took it to a shop. You will need to cut the factory pipes to do the install after the second set of cats.the braces simply unbolt and boltback in
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote