Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 08-09-2019, 07:36 AM   #141
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Installed the RaceChip GTS last night. Ran a 5.6s 0-60 prior to (my best is a 5.3s) and ran a 5.1s right after. That came with a pretty poor launch. Confident that I'll get down to the 4.7-4.9 range after some practice. Pretty fun little device. The issue I was having with a knock between 4500 and 5000 rpm is gone.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:12 AM   #142
ssmofo

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Race chip lmao, just go get a good tune.
ssmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:02 PM   #143
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
wow. on the site one week and already a basher. you must be the holy grail we have all been waiting for! Keep up the good work! Why dont you go back to the color coordinated knee pad section and leave this to the big boys ok?

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/images/smilies/bow.gif
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:08 PM   #144
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
wow. on the site one week and already a basher. you must be the holy grail we have all been waiting for! Keep up the good work! Why dont you go back to the color coordinated knee pad section and leave this to the big boys ok?

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/images/smilies/bow.gif
SSShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:07 PM   #145
wookwook

yeah its slow today. I versed a ZL1 and he ran 5 mph slower than normal @118 trap speed with race rubber (he was actually a normal person). I was hitting mid 6's on the track but 5.6 on my back road test strip with lots of wheel spin. its the humidity, all that science stuff about those little things called O2 molecules being replaced by water vapor. Dry fall days ahead, and low 5 targets too! When it gets down to the 50 degree mark I think I may try the oem plugs as well. No knock with my MMT test and more spark advance in the HPT logger.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:43 PM   #146
zts1986
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmofo View Post
Race chip lmao, just go get a good tune.
Why bother reply?
Old 08-11-2019, 03:09 PM   #147
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
Why bother reply?
It's alright leave him be he's from Dallas he's getting his frustration out over another shit football season.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:55 PM   #148
Waleedriazz

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro 2.0 I-4
Lmao you guys just savaged the poor guy.
Let him be. So, zts. If you had to put it in perspective.. is the GTS worth it? Or one should just go for RS instead?
Waleedriazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:46 AM   #149
18i4m6

Drives: 2018 I4 M6
I saw they now have a bluetooth option for the xlr too. I really like the idea of bluetooth for the RC, to me that makes the GTS worth the extra.

Tinted/blackout paint everywhere/debadged
Catted Mishimoto downpipe
Mishimoto CAI
MBRP V6 axleback exhaust
Jacfab/BNR Boostolator
Racechip RS
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's

Onstar tracking removal - pending
18i4m6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:41 PM   #150
wookwook

The bluetooth just came out for LTG camaro. It has the appearance they did a major revise on the chip based on what I could pick up. I asked them some questions on a theoretical mod, like water injection...something pretty out there, its not where I am thinking right now.

The bits that appear interesting is he seems to be saying on our car they only remap boost and MAP sensor info and I know it accesses MAF too.

Actually its MAP, MAF and IAT, and not ignition, directly. This is so interesting to try and figure out because if true, ignition follows what appears to be VE (air rate of flow through the engine).

I am getting as much scanner logs as I can to have a history, so when SOMEDAY.... (dont get ur britches in a bunch), I want to do my own tuning from scratch, that's ... many miles from now. But for now its good to collect model logs from a successful tuning strategy.

"The RaceChip products with the app function are connected to our backend system via the app, we therefore have the possibility to send you any updated software or settings to your smartphone, the smartphone then transfers the new software to the RaceChip via bluetooth. The app itself only acts as an interface between the RaceChip and our much more complex backend system, it therefore is possible for us to keep the app quite simple.

But our backend system also has its limitations which result from the connecting system our RaceChip is using. We therefore are not able to specifically react to other modifications of your engine like water injection and also can't influence any values the RaceChip isn't accessing like ignition timing.
We can of course influence all of the sensor values our RaceChip is accessing, on the Chevrolet Camaro these would be boost pressure and manifold pressure sensor values. This allows us to react to customer wishes in detail. If you for example wish to have a very aggressive tuning for track days, the driving mode Race for example can be adjusted specifically to your wishes.

I hope I could answer your questions, if you should have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us."
Old 08-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #151
mfk

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0T LT
I just picked up a 2017 Camaro 2.0T.

i'm debating whether to get the racechip and am on the fence as most dynos show torque and HP dropping in the low RPMs which is where I would be spending majority of my time.
Would this mean that the car becomes less responsive with just the racechip?

I'm also not planning on any other mods but would love to get 5 seconds for the 0-60.

I run 91 octane fuel though because that is all costco has.

Do I need an OBD sensor/reader to detect pings?
(I don't even know what those are or how I would keep an ear out for them).

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
mfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:44 PM   #152
zts1986
Account Suspended

Where are you seeing dynos that show a drop in the low end? Go read up on wook's dyno pulls.

The RaceChip is what it is...a poor mans tune. The proper thing to do is a full tune but I guess I'm just not there yet. It's a fun toy and I like it a lot, but I wouldnt be using it if I were tracking my car on the regular or anything.

Not sure you'll get 5.0s running 91. The manual recommends 93 for optimal performance.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:40 PM   #153
wookwook

yeah. maybe getting a little ahead of yourself. There is sooo much information here, it may take a couple of weeks to digest it even a little. This community has a "friendly" agreement to disagree a little on Racechip here. Many of us are old school modders who may be reluctant to appreciate new tech. I say that in the nicest way possible. But that's what competitive sports are about.

I digress. I would really suggest - get a feel for the car through the fall, when the temps cool down. Denser air will really make a difference. I can say with confidence, i dont know which chart you are seeing, but neither zts nor me have seen any issue with delayed power with basic mods we have, quite the opposite.

I would - suggest.... research a throttle adapter, and that will give a nice , more solid experience with more instant throttle feel. As you learn a lot, imagine then just more power at your disposal with a Catted downpipe to start. Depending on your test lane, you just may see your 5.0 in mid fall if the asphalt is right and the stars align and you have a slight tail wind.

I hope this is helpful.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:56 PM   #154
zts1986
Account Suspended

How freakin awesome is that downpipe, eh?