Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-23-2022, 09:22 AM   #15
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
CAI and Ram air mods usually don't show up well on the dyno because the air entering doesn't pressurize the air box the same as it does driving down the road. Stick your hand out the window on a dyno vs driving down the road at 50mph and let me know if you sense a difference in wind resistance. Yes I know dyno shops normally use big fans blowing air on the front of the car but it still isn't the same.

Even the the Rotofab 4" will show some gains if you go to the track run the stock air box, then take it off and swap the Rotofab and run it. Probably 1-2 tenths quicker. This is a prime example of why you shouldn't get too wrapped up in bench racing dyno number. However if you are looking for mods that will show good gains on the dyno then I would do Headers, Flex sensor, 2.3 pulley, and tune. You will see some good gains on cold hero pulls. Slide the dyno operator a extra Blue bill and he will likely even fudge the correction factor to make the gains look even better.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 09:35 AM   #16
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
A CAI and axle/cat back will help your dyno numbers (if that’s what you are after) once you add headers/pully, ported or larger blower etc. The stock set up is quite efficient as is, remember, it is making a whopping 650/650 at the crank. Once you add mods that actually require additional air flow to the engine and more efficient exhaust flow out, like the mods I mentioned above, a CAI and aftermarket exhaust will serve a tangible purpose besides bling and sound.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 10:26 AM   #17
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
If you are looking for the best cost to gain ratio mod... then I suggest picking up a flex fuel kit and a tune along with a rotofab to start, and leave the exhaust for phase.2
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 10:40 AM   #18
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
And the stock tune might auto-correct any possible air flow gains by pulling timing or closing the throttle to get torque back to stock to what it's calibrated to see, unless you tune.

Spend your money how you want to spend it, IMO.

BTW:
(go to about 9:41 for the numbers, but if you only go from this point, know that these are SAE numbers and Andrew's comparing to stock CB SAE dyno numbers. Additionally - because he was running the Interchiller for both runs, heat soak effects are as eliminated as possible. This is probably, so far as I know, reasonably "scientific" CB test there is. It wasn't same day and same conditions, but SAE corrects for those variables, to my understanding, and that only leaves a few other smaller dyno-details, like tire pressures, strapping, etc.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 09:01 AM   #19
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
sent you a PM

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 09:26 AM   #20
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Those gains you speak of were probably installed, then the car was driven onto the dyno, next the car was dynoed early am the next morning COLD!

Sounds like you don't want to void a warranty LOL!!!

DO the mods cuz they look and sound good!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote