Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-30-2017, 08:52 AM   #169
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Not a cowboys fan, but what a great pick announcement. Loved the cheering and boos from the fans, and Drew did a great job with his banter! NFL IS ALIVE AND WELL BOYS!!!!!

Old 04-30-2017, 09:02 AM   #170
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Yeah guys, NFL is looking real bad. They've only gained revenue every year. including last year, and looking to increase again this year, according to experts. Looking REAL terrible.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:31 AM   #171
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Yeah guys, NFL is looking real bad. They've only gained revenue every year. including last year, and looking to increase again this year, according to experts. Looking REAL terrible.
$14B in revenue this year?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:40 AM   #172
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
The Coliseum was a happening place right up through Nero picking up his fiddle. Just sayin'......
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:04 PM   #173
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Not a cowboys fan, but what a great pick announcement. Loved the cheering and boos from the fans, and Drew did a great job with his banter! NFL IS ALIVE AND WELL BOYS!!!!!

I hear you, that was Great!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #174
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
With all due respect I felt the topic is about the NFL and today's NFL is dominated by concussions. The NFL and concussions go hand in hand today so I felt I was justified in posting about it. I watch football just like you and just because I may post about something that is not a positive, this makes me out to be the bad guy? My twenty something nephew has CTE thanks to football so why is my concern for player safety such an evil thing? Maybe if you had a loved one, a young son or nephew who has brain damage maybe you would feel the same way? ESPN's massive lay off and the league's concussion plight puts the NFL in a bad light these days not even counting some players protesting the National Anthem. Personally in my opinion the NFL's future does not seem bright and many insiders feel the league could be non existent in twenty years.

The great Jim Brown talks about Concussions .......

Not saying you are a Bad Guy, just saying that no one likes when someone comes in and pisses on their Cheerios!

Everyone here is excited about Football, the Draft etc! You care about Concussions (your Nephew, I understand), but a lot don't, including present Players in the NFL.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:37 PM   #175
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Perhaps some of you work in the NFL so you don't like the grim realities of what is really happening these days on the Concussion Front. By the way, I'm a fan just like most of you but after a loved one (very young man) was diagnosed with CTE my views totally changed 360 degrees. The league is losing viewers and support big time if you don't know already and no responsible parent will put their child at risk for brain damage.

Jim McMahon at 50 has early stages of dementia.

Liquidity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:54 PM   #176
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
You mean 180 degrees. 360 degrees brings you back to the same direction. You are exhibiting the first signs of dementia.........please start your own thread to express your own opinions to people that want to hear them and comment on them, ok?
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:18 PM   #177
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
You mean 180 degrees. 360 degrees brings you back to the same direction. You are exhibiting the first signs of dementia.
Low class-cruel-vulgar comment considering my nephew has CTE .... What if your Son was diagnosed with CTE? How would you feel?

Quote:
Please start your own thread to express your own opinions to people that want to hear them and comment on them, ok?
And who are you the big Forum Boss? This thread is about the NFL and today the NFL and Concussions go hand in hand. It's like you start a thread about Hennessey Camaro upgrades and someone posts a comment about their services not being that great-nobody complains about that ... What is the difference here? Double standard.
Liquidity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:14 AM   #178
BMR Sales

Quote:
Perhaps some of you work in the NFL so you don't like the grim realities of what is really happening these days on the Concussion Front. By the way, I'm a fan just like most of you but after a loved one (very young man) was diagnosed with CTE my views totally changed 360 degrees. The league is losing viewers and support big time if you don't know already and no responsible parent will put their child at risk for brain damage.

Jim McMahon at 50 has early stages of dementia.

I think you need to put your TinFoil Hat back on if you think there is a Conspiracy going on here @ CAM5.

The Draft had Record Viewership and they are still a $6 BILLION industry.

Many responsible parents do let their kids play Football, Hockey, Soccer and other sports where Head Injuries can happen, so you argument is incorrect.

No one here is claiming to be a Forum Boss, but the suggestion that you start your own Thread is a Valid one! I think that you are afraid that if you do that, all that will come of it is the Sound of Crickets!
Old 05-02-2017, 11:18 AM   #179
BMR Sales

or by the way, Jim McMahon admits to Head-Butting a Player on the sideline when he wasn't wearing a Helmet, he Drank like a Fish and took Drugs! Do you think that might be part of his Dementia?
Old 05-02-2017, 11:19 AM   #180
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
I'll join with some cicada's too... just so the crickets aren't lonely.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:59 PM   #181
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Low class-cruel-vulgar comment considering my nephew has CTE .... What if your Son was diagnosed with CTE? How would you feel?

And who are you the big Forum Boss? This thread is about the NFL and today the NFL and Concussions go hand in hand. It's like you start a thread about Hennessey Camaro upgrades and someone posts a comment about their services not being that great-nobody complains about that ... What is the difference here? Double standard.
The comment stands... 360 degrees keeps you going the same way. You meant 180. Lashing out for no reason, second sign of dememtia, seek treatment before it's too late.....
Anytime you drive in a car you risk cte and death, should we all get rid of our cars and walk every where? You have made your point, move on. Or should everyone 'conform' to your point of view?
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:01 PM   #182
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
CTE is just a fancy term for what everyone has really known for years. You bang your head, you get dull over time. It's not a football issue though. We all have heads that are exposed, and stuff hits them. It's a risk everyone takes for having an exposed head with fleshy bits outside a hard skeleton.

I had a 1-1/2 foot long MagLite fall from the top of a refrigerator to fall on the back of my skull while I was bending over getting something out from the fridge. I'm pretty sure I was concussed. I had a concussion (and a huge lump on my head) playing pick up football in a park and getting a knee to the head tackling someone on a kickoff.
Growing up as a kid, I almost certainly had several concussions riding a bike (because we didn't wear helmets back then) and once because my dad threw me out of the back of the van onto my head (I had been attempting to run away by biking from near Marina del Rey up to Magic Mountain where I was caught at 1am running a red light to ride to Milwaukee, WI).

Point is, everyone has known football has risk as everything in life really is. People choose to take this risk, just as soldiers, police and others that run into danger do as well.

I agree with the others. Start a thread on this if you want to discuss it further.