Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-03-2015, 03:24 PM   #29
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I have heard a lot of speculation and people waiting until the 2017 year that because it will be the 50th year anniversary. Maybe even a special edition or package. I do see your point labor smith on them capitalizing for the 2017 year.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #30
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
You would be surprised how wrong this is with Becky on the forums. My local dealerships, all of them chevy, are pretty ignorant.

There are some dealers that actually stay ahead of the news like we do on this forum. Although most dealers do not put in the effort to stay a head all the time. PLus if you think about it, they have far more model lines to stay a head of. I did when I worked for Nissan and Toyota. I lived and breathed the car business and vehicles in general. Most I worked with just sold cars and really did not know their product. I find this being typical with employees now a days. Most want a career, hardly any want to learn or work for that career.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:42 PM   #31
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
You would be surprised how wrong this is with Becky on the forums. My local dealerships, all of them chevy, are pretty ignorant.
Even though Becky is great, I doubt that even she knows how many people have a Camaro on order at Joe Random Chevrolet & how many allocation slots that particular dealership gets. Thats what I was getting at when nobody knows better than your dealership about when they can get you a car.

Generally speaking, most car salesmen don't know most things about the cars they're selling. I don't know how that can be true without every dealership being on the brink of disaster, but thats a whole 'nother discussion. At any given dealership, there should be at least one person that knows their own ordering system. It probably won't be the guy that chases you down as soon as you set foot on the lot ... but there should be someone there that knows.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #32
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Even though Becky is great, I doubt that even she knows how many people have a Camaro on order at Joe Random Chevrolet & how many allocation slots that particular dealership gets. Thats what I was getting at when nobody knows better than your dealership about when they can get you a car.

Generally speaking, most car salesmen don't know most things about the cars they're selling. I don't know how that can be true, but thats bedside the point. At any given dealership, there should be at least one person that knows their own ordering system. It probably won't be the guy that chases you down as soon as you set foot on the lot ... but there should be someone there that knows.
Sales managers have the best knowledge of this stuff. If the dealership you will order your vehicle from also has Cadillac, they can tell you how long it takes for their ATS custom orders take to give you a better estimate as well. Or just ask a Caddy dealership sales manager to give you an estimated time frame on how long it takes order to delivery to dealership as the ATS and what not are made at the same Lansing Plant as the gen 6 camaro.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:53 AM   #33
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
I'm waiting to see one in person and have 10k down for it.. So far, Ill have the 10k by mid December easily, as well; I'm waiting for discounts to be eligible. So I think my order will be going in late Jan/Feb.. Which I won't mind. I want to see and drive the car and really get a feel for what I want.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:19 AM   #34
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
I'm waiting to see one in person and have 10k down for it.. So far, Ill have the 10k by mid December easily, as well; I'm waiting for discounts to be eligible. So I think my order will be going in late Jan/Feb.. Which I won't mind. I want to see and drive the car and really get a feel for what I want.
I wouldn't bank on a supplier discount till 2017 models are out. When the 2017s are coming out, that's when they apply supplier discounts to 2016 models to move em faster.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #35
G-10

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

Generally speaking, most car salesmen don't know most things about the cars they're selling. I don't know how that can be true without every dealership being on the brink of disaster, but thats a whole 'nother discussion. At any given dealership, there should be at least one person that knows their own ordering system. It probably won't be the guy that chases you down as soon as you set foot on the lot ... but there should be someone there that knows.
I ordered my 2SS from the general manager who I've known for many years. He had access to the GM Workbench, could see that pricing wasn't shown yet. He assured me he would take care of me re price because I've purchased several vehicles from that dealership and him. He was confident when he said five weeks for delivery. When i've called that dealership and talked with the other sales guys, they basically didn't have a clue, didn't have the password to check my status,differed to the manager.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:59 PM   #36
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Program Pricing will be available sometime during this model year. Other than limited production special editions I am not aware of a single product Program Pricing waited a whole model year.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:52 PM   #37
Dcasandman

Drives: GL450
Called 4 different dealers here. No one has a clue what and when they are getting a Camaro. Frustrating a little, but I'll wait for some incentive anyway.
Dcasandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:03 PM   #38
G-10

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
They may rise in the next couple of months for the '16 MY, common for GM to do that, especially with a new model/generation, prices tend to start off lower, than rise a couple months after cars are delivered and on lots.
I talked to my dealer today and verified my order was a sold order and therefore not subject to price increases.