Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-03-2015, 11:50 AM   #15
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Dealers usually say six weeks. Five weeks is quick. Very quick. Has happened but not often.

This model year Camaro could be ordered July 23. so as to the above referenced four or five months to do a custom order, there are only two months left where in reality there are about seven months.

I can see eight weeks for a west of the Rockies dealer delivery.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:51 AM   #16
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinfamousxi View Post
I* was under the impression that prices would rise again for 2017 (that its the norm)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
They may rise in the next couple of months for the '16 MY, common for GM to do that, especially with a new model/generation, prices tend to start off lower, than rise a couple months after cars are delivered and on lots.
I don't like this new way that GM is treating customers by raising prices mid-year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
The C7 price has raised several thousand dollars since the start of the generation.

I'm looking to acquire the car for invoice or less, so the MSRP rising a few bucks doesn't really matter to me. If it rises like the C7 did, then I would hope there are changes that substantiate the increase.
The 2015 Stingray went up in price 3 times during the model year; that is a disgusting way to run a business, thankfully I was price protected when I ordered my C7.
I hope they don't do the same thing with the Camaro. I like to know why they don't do that with any other vehicles that GM sells.
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:56 AM   #17
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Do not hate the player hate the game! lol Business is business and if marketing pricing makes them more profit then good for GM as it is a cut throat market to be in.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #18
laborsmith

GM has done mid model year price increases for so many decades that I can not remember the first time I noticed it. And not limited to either Corvette or Camaro vehicles.

Notice I said decades. That was not a mistake.

Laborsmith
Old 11-03-2015, 12:13 PM   #19
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
They may rise in the next couple of months for the '16 MY, common for GM to do that, especially with a new model/generation, prices tend to start off lower, than rise a couple months after cars are delivered and on lots.
This is old news in comparison. But when looking at trucks a couple years ago I noticed GM raised the base price by $1,000 on ext/crew cabs in October. So the person buying the same 2013 model year truck would have paid more for a truck built in Oct vs Sept. Incentives, rebates, negotiations pending of course.

Would have thought they would have did their inflation type raise between models year segments. Not mid year.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:33 PM   #20
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Will we see any rebates or incentives next year?
xinfamousxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:39 PM   #21
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Summer and fall, around the time the 2017s start rolling out, just like what happened with the 2015 models. I would imagine the 2017 model will start a lot sooner than the 2016 model has, though.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:03 PM   #22
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
GM has done mid model year price increases for so many decades that I can not remember the first time I noticed it. And not limited to either Corvette or Camaro vehicles.

Notice I said decades. That was not a mistake.

Laborsmith
Correct. And not just GM. Most manufactures raise their prices a few times throughout the year. Not sure why someone would be mad at GM doing this.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:04 PM   #23
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Why would the 2017 model start any earlier than november? Makes no sense for chevrolet to take a bath on cars too early because it is last years model.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:11 PM   #24
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
2017 MY camaro's will probably start rolling out around end of July-Early August 2016
Old 11-03-2015, 02:13 PM   #25
laborsmith

Normally Chevrolet production starts in August and tires are on the ground in September. I do not know how Chevy is thinking, but I do suspect a snap back to normal is in the cards.

That would mean a ten month build period for the first model year, which is long enough. And if the intent is to have an Anniversary Edition, Chevy will want to maximize the production days for that model year. So the question becomes: is there a chance 2017 might be an Anniversary Year?

Laborsmith
Old 11-03-2015, 02:55 PM   #26
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Anyone know the timeframe from order to delivery? About? If I wanted an April Delivery, order in Feb?

--kC
Normally, one would expect a month and a half to two months from ordering to delivery. But with something that is going to be in high demand, the wait times can stretch out a bit. There are probably a number of dealerships right now that have a waiting list extending into the spring already -while others can probably get a Camaro delivered before Christmas.

Best bet is to simply talk to your local dealer(s). They'll know better than anyone on the internet how long it takes them to get an ordered Camaro delivered. It would suck if you walked in to order a car in February & expect to get it in April, only to find out that you won't get your car until June or July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
Why would the 2017 model start any earlier than november? Makes no sense for chevrolet to take a bath on cars too early because it is last years model.
Because typical model year change over is late June/early July. The main exception is when a new generation starts, in which case its fairly random when production starts. But for the normal year-to-year changeover, its almost always halfway through the year.

By starting in early summer, cars will start to arrive on lots by late summer. That way, by early fall there should be a decent supply of 'next years' cars on the lots. And by the end of the years end, nearly all 'old' cars should be sold.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:02 PM   #27
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

Best bet is to simply talk to your local dealer(s). They'll know better than anyone on the internet how long it takes them to get an ordered Camaro delivered.
You would be surprised how wrong this is with Becky on the forums. My local dealerships, all of them chevy, are pretty ignorant.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:10 PM   #28
laborsmith

Per my memory Cadillacs and sometimes Corvettes start production around mid summer to mid July. Buick joins the fray shortly after followed by Chevrolet. The thing is, these start dates are variable no matter the marque. What happened last year or a decade ago serves as a guide to what might happen tomorrow or next year.

But to repeat the answer to the original question, the likely last day to order the current model year Camaro will be in April and the likely first date the server will accept model year 2017 Camaro orders will be in May.

Laborsmith