Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-24-2015, 08:16 PM   #1
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
Leasing the 2016 Camaro?

Anyone know if the 2016s will be available for lease right off the bat or no? I specifically want an automatic 1LT/RS in Hyper Blue, but not sure what the chances are of me finding that exact combo to lease.
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:19 PM   #2
nino313

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
+1. my current lease is up in about a year. Would love to get into one of these
nino313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:33 AM   #3
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
I'm sure they will have something,they just spent millions making a new car. I'm sure they will give as many ways to purchase it as possible
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:21 AM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Up to the dealers not GM I imagine....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:10 PM   #5
Thebeezwax

Drives: Has 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Up to the dealers not GM I imagine....
100% inaccurate... Dealers are not the financial institutions (banks) and is not up to them

Leasing is a Manufacturer purchase option and is funded by a supporting bank.. i.e., Ally or GM Financial for all GM brands
Thebeezwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:06 PM   #6
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I really want the ZL1, but of course - when and if it will ever come is an issue.

I think I may try to lease a fairly loaded SS until then, if the numbers work.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:41 PM   #7
cyberbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeezwax View Post
100% inaccurate... Dealers are not the financial institutions (banks) and is not up to them

Leasing is a Manufacturer purchase option and is funded by a supporting bank.. i.e., Ally or GM Financial for all GM brands
Dealers use local banks all the time for leases that has nothing to do with the manufacturers finance. Most of the time the manufacturer does have the best lease deals but dealers use outside financing very often especially with less then perfect credit buyers.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:04 PM   #8
Thebeezwax

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbro View Post
Dealers use local banks all the time for leases that has nothing to do with the manufacturers finance. Most of the time the manufacturer does have the best lease deals but dealers use outside financing very often especially with less then perfect credit buyers.
when was the last time you were a sales manager or finance guy at a dealer? because I am currently and you have been COMPLETELY mislead in leasing...

Leasing is residual based financing and ONLY can be done as a NEW delivery with a bank that pairs with the Manufacturer

Ford - Ford Motor Credit
GM - Ally, GM Financial and sometimes Wells Fargo
Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, RAM - Chrysler Capitol
Honda - Honda Motor Finance
Toyota - Toyota Motor Finance
Nissan - Nissan Motor Finance
Lexus - Lexus Motor Finance
Acura - Same
Kia - Same
Hyundai - Same
Same
Same
Same
ALL THE SAME!!!!

you can purchase a car from ANY bank but you CANNOT lease one.. that is why banks like:

BofA
Chase
Wells
SunTrust
SACU
-any local credit union or bank
- any hometown bank
any any any and any NEVER post "Lease" rates or terms... because they don't work with manufactures in residual based financing..

With that being said.... you CAN lease a car from a leasing company like D&M Auto Leasing... that process is as follows:

1.Call them and tell them what you want.
2.They shop for the lowest price they can
3.They hit you with a lease residual that is generally HIGHER than with the banks for the manuf.
4.You pay them....

and guess what? Now that car has 2 registrations and is NOT a 1 owner car!
Old 05-25-2015, 07:05 PM   #9
Thebeezwax

oh and 1 other thing.... Manufacturers set the residuals, money factors, rates, req fee, mileage allowance and such.... your local bank can't do that with a dealer on a lease.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:11 PM   #10
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
in October, I'm moving into a house that's about 1.5 miles from where I work. I'd only be putting about 15k miles a year on the new Camaro. I wonder if leasing would be the better option.
- A lease usually means a lower monthly payment, right?
- does a lease cost more in the long run, if I decide to buy the car?
- do you need a down payment on a lease?

I want a lease also because I'll probably get the vert, and want to be able to give it back if the top goes bad again
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:19 PM   #11
Thebeezwax

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
in October, I'm moving into a house that's about 1.5 miles from where I work. I'd only be putting about 15k miles a year on the new Camaro. I wonder if leasing would be the better option.
- A lease usually means a lower monthly payment, right?
- does a lease cost more in the long run, if I decide to buy the car?
- do you need a down payment on a lease?

I want a lease also because I'll probably get the vert, and want to be able to give it back if the top goes bad again
leasing is the best option if you like to get into something new every few years... GM usually offers 24,27,36,39 and 48 months terms... do you HAVE to put something down? no... just pre pay 1st month is all that you have to... are the payments lower? generally yes if you put a few thou down... remember that in a purchase, for every $1000 you put down, your payment drops by 12-15/mo (also depends on interest rate) but with a lease that same $1000 lowers it from 28-35/mo. Does it cost more in the long run? not really... because its residul based financing you are guaranteed how much you'll owe on it to buy at the end of the term... however if you get out early from the lease you'll be boned because of those lower payments... case in point.. if I trade out of my lease now i'm about 9k flipped... I have just 1 year left and I can just walk away with owing nothing. ya get it? the top going bad would be a warranty issue not how you plan buy pay on it... but I see where you are going with it... if you lease for just 3 years and the top goes bad, there are worse issues than that.

hope that helps
Old 05-25-2015, 10:46 PM   #12
cyberbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeezwax View Post
when was the last time you were a sales manager or finance guy at a dealer? because I am currently and you have been COMPLETELY mislead in leasing...
Yes, your delivery of information says it all.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:13 AM   #13
Thebeezwax

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbro View Post
Yes, your delivery of information says it all.
glad I can help and piss people off at the same time
Old 05-28-2015, 03:01 PM   #14
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
I'm glad someone made this thread. I've never leased a vehicle as I've always thought it was silly. I am however a person that gets new vehicles every couple years (new to me at least) and have never had a car longer than 3 years with the exception of when I was in high school / college. Given this, I am interested in learning more about leasing.

I've heard some cars it really makes sense to lease, others not so much. What kind of criteria in values does it make sense? If you decide to buy in the end, will you pay more than if you had just bought to begin with?

I'm curious on what a good deal would be for a lease on a 2016 2ss that might cost $42k msrp. A low mileage lease would be ideal as I have a company vehicle and 6k a year would be tough to hit.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote