Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want to see an automatic option for the ZL1?
Yes 1,312 66.30%
No 667 33.70%
Voters: 1979. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #1037
FreddyG

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Webb View Post
I think I rather have possibly one of the baddest muscle cars ever built than a super caddy. It is definitely preference, and a 15-20k price difference. I like the body of the camaro better than the cts v coupe. I don't want a four door yet. If you drive the manual every day for a month vs the auto, the decision is obvious. Only the die hards and extremely stubborn would enjoy the manual every single day. If the auto will withstand the abuse I would like to drive the piss out of it every day without having to feel like I just finished the daytona 500. This is why there should definitely be an option. Weekends, buy the manual, everyday, check the auto box. My right arm does plenty at work every day. I don't want to get in my car and have to turn the ratchet another couple hundred times on my way home. Please just give me the choice to hammer down and hold on!
I agree with you! If GM is building these cars to beat a ustag, than the M6 is the way to go, but if they want to sell more cars, than gives us an A6!

I wasn't talking about the coupe. I like the Camaro better in the coupe department too, but there is something about the CTS-V sedan that's just WOW to me!

I don't think that the A6 will have a problem handling the power everyday because it does in the Vee. If you watch the Nurburgring video of John Heinricy, it's an A6 and he can drive harder than most of us can (at least I know that he can drive Many times better than I can on a road course, now on a point and shoot drag strip, I have a better chance)!
FreddyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #1038
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyG View Post
I agree with you! If GM is building these cars to beat a ustag, than the M6 is the way to go, but if they want to sell more cars, than gives us an A6!

I wasn't talking about the coupe. I like the Camaro better in the coupe department too, but there is something about the CTS-V sedan that's just WOW to me!

I don't think that the A6 will have a problem handling the power everyday because it does in the Vee. If you watch the Nurburgring video of John Heinricy, it's an A6 and he can drive harder than most of us can (at least I know that he can drive Many times better than I can on a road course, now on a point and shoot drag strip, I have a better chance)!
I'm sure the objective is to do both. If they weren't planning to beat the Mustang, why build a car like this? And if they're not planning to make some sales, why build anything?

The current A6 is a force to be reckoned with, I think they should incorporate it.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #1039
J Webb

Drives: 2010 2ss iom
A6 is faster behind the LSA

Quote:

CTSV M6=12.2
CTSV A6=12.1

This is proof the computer shifts better than the human. And more consistent. The more aggressive gear ratios in the auto help out I'm sure.
J Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #1040
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mst504 View Post
Wish they'd announce something, one way or another, so I can either start saving for a Auto ZL1 or continue modding my SS.
Keep your eyes on the news from the Camaro homecoming.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #1041
Ltespd

Drives: 2010 SS, 2006 SC Saleen
Quote:
CTSV M6=12.2
CTSV A6=12.1

This is proof the computer shifts better than the human. And more consistent. The more aggressive gear ratios in the auto help out I'm sure.
I'm sorry. 1 tenth of a second isn't proof one is faster than the other. That would still be the case even if the manual had been 1 tenth faster. But I do agree the auto would be more consistent.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #1042
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
I honestly think its quite DUMB to vote no on this. Why? If you don't want an auto, dont buy one....they are building a standard version regardless. Why ruin it for the people who want an auto? That's just selfish if you ask me. I'd never buy another standard trans vehicle because I sit in traffic for an hour in the morning and an hour going home. Quite stupid having to work a clutch and gets old quick. Plus, put a stall in the auto and bye bye standard.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #1043
J Webb

Drives: 2010 2ss iom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltespd View Post
I'm sorry. 1 tenth of a second isn't proof one is faster than the other. That would still be the case even if the manual had been 1 tenth faster. But I do agree the auto would be more consistent.
Agreed. Its just not like it used to be. The manuals don't smoke the autos any more. Everything is much more equal. If anything, in favor of the auto because the computer can control the shifts and manage torque simultaneously. There are some really great drivers out there that should own a manual. I'm lazy. I just wanna go fast.
J Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #1044
FreddyG

Quote:
CTSV M6=12.2
CTSV A6=12.1

.........and you can't miss a gear!

Another point to be made is that I'm sure that some peeps don't buy the GT500 because it only comes in stick. The GM guys could pull some of those buyers too (Hey Guys, if GM IS listening, I'm trying here )!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #1045
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa

The main reason I want a manual is because when I'm driving I know what I'm going to do when I'm at a particular place in the twistys long before I even get there. I have an evil plan. That planning process is a big part of the fun of driving for me.

To have the auto shift in the middle of a curve when I'm not anticipating it takes a degree off my level of control. I don't like it when I don't have control.

If you prefer an auto, then I say get one. I hope they make one for those who like to take it easy, and I don't mean that sarcastically either. To each his own (Camaro).

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #1046
Blue Menace

Drives: 2013 WRX Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post

The main reason I want a manual is because when I'm driving I know what I'm going to do when I'm at a particular place in the twistys long before I even get there. I have an evil plan. That planning process is a big part of the fun of driving for me.

To have the auto shift in the middle of a curve when I'm not anticipating it takes a degree off my level of control. I don't like it when I don't have control.

If you prefer an auto, then I say get one. I hope they make one for those who like to take it easy, and I don't mean that sarcastically either. To each his own (Camaro).

Nicely put!
Blue Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #1047
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
(Hey Guys, if GM IS listening, I'm trying here )!
They're ALWAYS listening to you...just don't confuse that with direct influence on product decisions....
Old 06-07-2011, 03:14 AM   #1048
Rashed

Drives: Camaro black-LT\RS 2011
ofcourse yes
Rashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #1049
FreddyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
They're ALWAYS listening to you...just don't confuse that with direct influence on product decisions....
Good point!
Old 06-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #1050
CAMARO-ECSTASY

Drives: 1999 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Keep your eyes on the news from the Camaro homecoming.
when is the homecoming
CAMARO-ECSTASY is offline   Reply With Quote