Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want to see an automatic option for the ZL1?
Yes 1,312 66.30%
No 667 33.70%
Voters: 1979. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #953
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltespd View Post
Does the fact that only a manual tranny is mentioned on the GM ZL1 website make anybody wonder?
We don't know colors, pricing, changes, manual/auto... none of those are a 100% yet, at least not to the public. I'm sure soon we will know. Wouldn't rely on the website just yet.
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #954
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Nope, cause that website doesn't really say much of any value
It's a good fun-fact source...

And eye-candy....
Old 05-17-2011, 08:34 PM   #955
Viral

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
For those of you that seem to be losing your mind over the possibility of having no auto option - unless you're physically disabled, what is the big deal? I get that your preference is an auto, but why is it such an absolute deal-breaker? Surely you can't be THAT lazy or THAT incompetent that you could say 'I totally LOVE this ZL-1 and would pay my $50k tomorrow but NOT if I have to drive a manual!' Seriously? How can something like that turn you off of a sports car??
Old 05-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #956
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
For those of you that seem to be losing your mind over the possibility of having no auto option - unless you're physically disabled, what is the big deal? I get that your preference is an auto, but why is it such an absolute deal-breaker? Surely you can't be THAT lazy or THAT incompetent that you could say 'I totally LOVE this ZL-1 and would pay my $50k tomorrow but NOT if I have to drive a manual!' Seriously? How can something like that turn you off of a sports car??
It's called personal taste. Just the same as I'm sure you'd have no intentions of buying a ZL1 if it did all it's going to with a Turbo V6.

Please be respectful of others' choices and desires. (A general statement to all)
Old 05-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #957
crewxp

Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
It's called personal taste. Just the same as I'm sure you'd have no intentions of buying a ZL1 if it did all it's going to with a Turbo V6.

Please be respectful of others' choices and desires. (A general statement to all)
+1
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #958
FreddyG

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
Quote:
Ok, I'll put the shoe on the other foot now! What if they said that there was only an A6 for this car? Would you be thinking the same way? That's why we want the auto. It's got ZIP to do with lazy or incompetent, it's got to do with what we want! Onnce again, a A6 would sell cars and that's the bottom line of a car company........selling cars! I'd go so far as to say that they'd possibly sell more A6 cars than M6's, but that's just my gut feeling and it's bee wrong before (not often though )!

Maybe some peeps don't want to be old school and row gears, maybe some of us realize that you can have your cake and eat it too. Quite a few times, when dealing with boosted cars, the auto is quicker than the stick anyway! I've never seen an A6 miss a gear! An auto won't drop boost pressure between gears either! If they get the programming on the paddles right, the car could be a lot of fun with the auto!

I know that you can always put it in neutral, but I don't want to sit in traffic with a stick! Call me lazy if you want, but I call it smart! To each their own!

I say at least give us the option! It just makes sense to me!

Peace out!
FreddyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #959
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
It's a good fun-fact source...

And eye-candy....
OK, you got me there.

Some awesome eye candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #960
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Yes for sure. As long as there is no cylinder deactivation crap. I have an LS3 now, only because I like manuals, but I did consider a 6 speed auto until I heard it came with the L99. There are many days I would love to put my car into drive and push the pedal. The option should be there for people who can't shift very well, or just dont feel like shifting.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #961
J Webb

Drives: 2010 2ss iom
6l90 please. Dont know how much longer my 6l80 is gonna hold up with my maggie with mods. I hope just long enough for the 6l90 to come factory equipped.
J Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #962
Viral

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyG View Post
Ok, I'll put the shoe on the other foot now! What if they said that there was only an A6 for this car? Would you be thinking the same way? That's why we want the auto.
No, not at all! That is exactly the point I'm making. My personal preference would be a manual, but if it were only offered in an auto and this was my dream car, I'd shrug my shoulders and say 'oh well, auto it is I guess!' I'd never say if I can't have it exactly my way I won't get one! Some of the replies on here border on a tantrum. I have no problem with a choice. I'm simply talking about those that are losing their minds if no choice is offered. It's so strange to me.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:23 AM   #963
Ltespd

Drives: 2010 SS, 2006 SC Saleen
I admit...if the ZL1 was only offered with an auto, I wouldn't buy one.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:21 AM   #964
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Having a preference for an auto is fine, but if one isn't available and the reason for not getting a ZL1 is that their wife can't drive a stick, then I would be non-PC enough to say man up & teach her. If she doesn't want to learn to drive a stick, then she doesn't get to drive it.

I've taught several girls how to drive a stick, some while wearing high heel boots. (Them not me.) Anybody that wants to can learn.

Anybody that doesn't want to learn doesn't deserve to drive something this awesome.

I will now prepare to deflect high heeled shoes flung in my direction.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:16 AM   #965
Blue Menace

Drives: 2013 WRX Sedan
Quote:
No, not at all! That is exactly the point I'm making. My personal preference would be a manual, but if it were only offered in an auto and this was my dream car, I'd shrug my shoulders and say 'oh well, auto it is I guess!' I'd never say if I can't have it exactly my way I won't get one! Some of the replies on here border on a tantrum. I have no problem with a choice. I'm simply talking about those that are losing their minds if no choice is offered. It's so strange to me.
I agree with your points. Although I'm one that does want an auto, I'm still gonna get a ZL1 if it's manual only. And I'll still love it to death.
Blue Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:48 AM   #966
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
66.01 for auto
33.99 for manual

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote