Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-10-2016, 09:30 AM   #1
GrandAmGT

Drives: 2010 1LT & 2016 Cadillac CTS V6
Buy New PZero's from Chevy Dealer?

So yesterday, the DIC on my car told me my rear driver's side tire was at 12 psi. I inflated it to the proper psi of 35 + or -. Several hours later the DIC tells me that tire is now at 23 psi which has to indicate a leak. If the tire can't be patched I'm going to have to purchase a new one (s). The Chevrolet dealership I bought it from is a 7 minute walk from my house so for convenience I will take it there.

My car fits the 19 inch PZero that comes on a 1LT. I checked the dealership's tire prices online and to my shock I can buy oem replacements for $145.00 each, which was the Internet price. The non Internet price was $186.00, which was still a shock. When I priced these tires several months ago at other retailers, I thought I recalled them being 250.00 each. Is this too good to be true? Have others seen competitive oem tire prices from dealers? Thanks in advance.
GrandAmGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
1Canuck

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
I agree those prices seem lower than a few months ago.
one thing to check is manufacturing date. If over one year give/take it will be discounted to move it out.
1Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
there are better tires out there then the PZero's if your car is a DD why would you buy a summer tire.. i would look into a all weather tires for sure.. never understood how people call there cars there baby and they love it so much then never do the right thing.. hey your car and your money do what you want good luck
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:30 AM   #4
1Canuck

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIC1 View Post
there are better tires out there then the PZero's if your car is a DD why would you buy a summer tire.. i would look into a all weather tires for sure.. never understood how people call there cars there baby and they love it so much then never do the right thing.. hey your car and your money do what you want good luck
still running stock Pzero on mine. reading all these "there are better tires" and keep wondering what it is you guys are talking about specifically. what makes another tire better?
1Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:34 AM   #5
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
OP has 19" tires. They're an all-season.

The RS package cars or the SS comes with the 20" PZeros which are summer only.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:35 AM   #6
ELIC1
Account Suspended

those tires suck i hated my that was the first thing i did was burn them glad some of you like them..if you gave them to me for free i still would not take them good luck OP
Old 04-10-2016, 10:46 AM   #7
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
I would not replace all 4 tires if only one tire was giving me a problem. If they are close to replacing all of them, then sure I would. I think OP is just looking to do one, due to the leak and hopefully it can be patched. IMO Pzero are ok, but would not buy them as a replacement.

68rssscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:12 PM   #8
GrandAmGT

Quote:
those tires suck i hated my that was the first thing i did was burn them glad some of you like them..if you gave them to me for free i still would not take them good luck OP
At no point did you answer the question I posed. Reading comprehension is your friend! Your local community college should offer adult education classes to help you with that. Good luck, ELIC1.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:18 PM   #9
GrandAmGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rssscamaro View Post
I would not replace all 4 tires if only one tire was giving me a problem. If they are close to replacing all of them, then sure I would. I think OP is just looking to do one, due to the leak and hopefully it can be patched. IMO Pzero are ok, but would not buy them as a replacement.
Thanks for the feedback. I would just replace the one needed, though I've heard you should replace both rears, for example, if only one needs replacing since the tread would be uneven if I got just one new tire. There's still plenty of tread on all four since my car only has 26,000 miles on it.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:38 PM   #10
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAmGT View Post
At no point did you answer the question I posed. Reading comprehension is your friend! Your local community college should offer adult education classes to help you with that. Good luck, ELIC1.
good luck to you..i am not the one looking for a tire and getting ready to PUT crap tires on my LT
Old 04-10-2016, 03:51 PM   #11
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I hated the stock P-Zeros.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:27 PM   #12
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
I hated the stock P-Zeros.
Same here the SS comes with the summer version and they suck
Old 04-11-2016, 05:51 PM   #13
Mike_G

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Same here the SS comes with the summer version and they suck
Anything in particular you don't like? I have had pretty good luck with mine 275 in front 315 in rear. Have yet to lose traction unless I am trying real hard. I don't run them when the temp drops though.

Use to have
2010 Camaro SS - ECS SC 1500, Kooks LTH + HFC, Corsa, CTS-V brakes, Detroit Speed Coilovers, BMR sways (FE4 conversion), DSE endlinks, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, Forgestar F14's
Mike_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:19 PM   #14
desiel

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS yellow
I would agree if you DD and put miles on they are not the best tire for wear. I have just under 50000 kilometers on mine and they are bald as a baby's bottom as in no tread lines left. As far as a good tire I have not found a tire with better performance. So if you match your tire to the drive there are better tires for DD applications.
Desiel
desiel is offline   Reply With Quote