Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-21-2020, 09:21 PM   #113
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
You don't understand sarcasm and you absolutely don't understand track driving among other things...
Funny how only the guys with Base model Mustang GTs go running around talking about who goes to the track and who doesn't, lol!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:42 PM   #114
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Funny how only the guys with Base model Mustang GTs go running around talking about who goes to the track and who doesn't, lol!!
Not lol, if they are the ones who actually use their cars at the track. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people who have never been to the track say anything relative to track driving. Know anyone like that?
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:43 PM   #115
TreedYou

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2013 Mustang GT
Quote:
Not lol, if they are the ones who actually use their cars at the track. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people who have never been to the track say anything relative to track driving. Know anyone like that?

Not Blaq, he NEEDS cars that go 180+ mph or they are failures of automotive engineering because he routinely his 205-210mph on his track days.

aint that right Blaq!? tell these rookies!
TreedYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:34 PM   #116
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I'm not going to turn this into a personal thing because you do not deserve the attention. And that is clearly what you are after. You and your pal below. Plenty of people come on here ranting about track this and track that. If actual track stuff is what you want to discuss then you would be in the track section talking track stuff with real track people. When was the last time you were in that subforum? Yet you spend 90% of your time here. Just like others who claimed they were track pros. I at least have posts in the dragstrip section where my slips are posted. Do you? I'm seriously asking because I don't know. Not that it matters. I don't really care. Just sayin, if you were as hardcore dedicated to the track then you wouldn't be here as much as you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreedYou View Post
Not Blaq, he NEEDS cars that go 180+ mph or they are failures of automotive engineering because he routinely his 205-210mph on his track days.

aint that right Blaq!? tell these rookies!
205 No. Definitely not.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:44 PM   #117
TreedYou

Quote:
I'm not going to turn this into a personal thing because you do not deserve the attention. And that is clearly what you are after. You and your pal below. Plenty of people come on here ranting about track this and track that. If actual track stuff is what you want to discuss then you would be in the track section talking track stuff with real track people. When was the last time you were in that subforum? Yet you spend 90% of your time here. Just like others who claimed they were track pros. I at least have posts in the dragstrip section where my slips are posted. Do you? I'm seriously asking because I don't know. Not that it matters. I don't really care. Just sayin, if you were as hardcore dedicated to the track then you wouldn't be here as much as you are.

205 No. Definitely not.
Not over 200? so what speed do you get to? 185, 190, 195?
Old 01-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #118
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Not over 200? so what speed do you get to? 185, 190, 195?
Faster than what a 5th Gen SS and S197 GT can do. What have you done in your cars?
Old 01-22-2020, 07:51 PM   #119
LESS1

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Faster than what a 5th Gen SS and S197 GT can do. What have you done in your cars?
BlaqWhole please stop feeding the trolls and they will go away...hopefully.
LESS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:11 PM   #120
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Ahh I see...must be the Camaro's suspension and chassis simply does a better job of planting the power. From what I have seen the GT500 power band is very linear even with a PD supercharger, So I assumed it should be able to launch better on unprepped surfaces. I should have known better...lol
It's been a problem with Mustangs for a LONG time now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LESS1 View Post
BlaqWhole please stop feeding the trolls and they will go away...hopefully.
Haha, ok ok. It was fun but I guess I should leave them alone.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:32 PM   #121
TreedYou

Quote:
True, my cars are just bolt on nothing to brag about and I don't do road racing.

So are you going to answer the question?
I mean going over 180 in a road course is something to brag about just wondering how much over 180 mph.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:01 PM   #122
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
It's been a problem with Mustangs for a LONG time now.

Haha, ok ok. It was fun but I guess I should leave them alone.
I had a post on that huge thread like 3000 replies on the PP1 Mustang. Every generation the Camaro had a better engine/suspension combination and only when you went to the full check everything off box did the Mustang catch up. I think I called Ford's Pay to Play marketing scheme. Even simple things like base SS you get a 4 bbl on your 350, Ford nope you gotta get the Cobra Jet or the Boss
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:07 PM   #123
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
True, my cars are just bolt on nothing to brag about and I don't do road racing.

So are you going to answer the question?
I mean going over 180 in a road course is something to brag about just wondering how much over 180 mph.
Are you seriously trying to troll me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I had a post on that huge thread like 3000 replies on the PP1 Mustang. Every generation the Camaro had a better engine/suspension combination and only when you went to the full check everything off box did the Mustang catch up. I think I called Ford's Pay to Play marketing scheme. Even simple things like base SS you get a 4 bbl on your 350, Ford nope you gotta get the Cobra Jet or the Boss
I remember your comments from that thread. And you were right. They even did that with the Shebly. If you optioned in one package you lost the other package. Meanwhile the ZL1s all came standard with features.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:45 PM   #124
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
OK, hold the fort, I'll go back and take care of the womenfolk.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:27 AM   #125
TreedYou

Quote:
Are you seriously trying to troll me?
What? All I am asking is how far over 180 do you go on a road course how is that a trolling question?

I'm confused, is that like asking a girl her weight or something?
Is it too personal, what's the deal?
Old 01-23-2020, 07:34 AM   #126
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

So based on Frod's website, optioning out a GT500 to match a ZLE in options gets the price up to $77K. That is the Base GT500 with the Tech Package added in. It does not include Recaros.

The ZLE comes out to $75K and that would include Nav and PDR.

The ZL1 comes out to $67K with Nave and PDR.

If I option out a 2LZ Z06 to ZL1 standard specs the price comes out to $87K and that would include Nav and PDR.

The GT500 with CF Package and Tech Package added in comes out to $95K.

A 2LZ Z06 with the Z07 package would be $100K.

As it is in testing the GT500 is just about equal to the ZL1 and Z06 in the quarter mile. Although the Z06 would probably beat the 500.

Around a track it can be assumed that the ZLE is superior to even the CF GT500. That being the case I would also assume that the Z06 is likewise superior. The Z06/Z07 would probably destroy the CF GT500. What I think remains to be seen is how the Base GT500 actually does around a track compared to the ZLE since that is the closest price match of these cars. Basically I think the quarter mile in testing will end in a driver's race with the Base and ZLE. However, around a track I do not think the Base 500 stands a chance. And I also do not think the CF GT500 stands a chance against the Z06/Z07 around a track or in the quarter mile. I think when matched with a car that costs the same and when tested, the CF500 would lose at everything. I think when matched price by price to any of the GM competition the Sheblys will lose at everything when tested.