Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-18-2015, 12:46 PM   #15
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
for the winter i want to run 18" all season(high marks for snow) on all four corners. then for when snow comes zip on two 18" snows in the back. there is too much time when its too cold for the summer tires but theres no snow

I do this for my mustang now and its the ultimate. I took it on a ski trip upstate in the snow belt, no issues, my buddies all took subarus and 4x4s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Get yourself a set of good Blizzaks.
19"s are gonna suck for winter wheels between cost and pot holes.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:01 PM   #16
6spdhyperblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Move to the Wheels & Tires sub-forum

this was put in the general forums because this is not your what wheels and tires look fancy, this is a major issue for everyone up north driving their car when they get them.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:09 PM   #17
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
this was put in the general forums because this is not your what wheels and tires look fancy, this is a major issue for everyone up north driving their car when they get them.
I see what you mean and hate that every single thread that can be construed into one of the many subforum categories is moved. This should be in general.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:13 PM   #18
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
I see what you mean and hate that every single thread that can be construed into one of the many subforum categories is moved. This should be in general.
Meh, people will get used to it. Not everything is "General".

Talking about tires and/or wheels? *anything* about them? Go to the proper forum. Winter tires are... "tires", yes?

Otherwise, there would be one forum, General, and everything would be lost in the mud.

There will be more forums coming, I'm sure. people are just getting used to things here.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:15 PM   #19
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
19"s are gonna suck for winter wheels between cost and pot holes.
Cheaper than 20's.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:36 PM   #20
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Someone pm fbodygodfather im sure he would not mind getting the info for us.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:41 PM   #21
lDejavul

Drives: Camaro SS
If I knew where to take mine I would take it and get sized up for you guys. Don't know of anyone that wants to spend the afternoon put their wheels on my car.
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
lDejavul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:41 PM   #22
Whis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Meh, people will get used to it. Not everything is "General".

Talking about tires and/or wheels? *anything* about them? Go to the proper forum. Winter tires are... "tires", yes?

Otherwise, there would be one forum, General, and everything would be lost in the mud.

There will be more forums coming, I'm sure. people are just getting used to things here.

--kC
He is highlighting that this is a broader issue than just talking about "wheels" and "winter tires", it is a general oversight by GM not providing these numbers and releasing a car to the masses by in large in the december timeframe... effecting everyone who will not be garaging their car that lives in a place where it snows.

Some people don't even go to the subforums. While this technically fits here, it ALSO fits in general.

It fits in general far better and would get more views and responses. Whatever though.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:11 PM   #23
6spdhyperblue

yeah that was my point. not a big deal but its really high on the priorities.

outside of actually what to buy/order, and when they are coming, this has to be the top thing we have to get sorted out.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:24 PM   #24
Whis

Every day I wake up I seriously check this forum for fitment numbers and don't ever see them. It's looking very bleak to get this timed right, if at all
Old 11-18-2015, 03:35 PM   #25
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atra View Post
I will be selling my stock wheels as I am getting 56F. Whenever my damn car gets here...
How much would you want for your stock wheels?

If I can't get the 19" to work with SS, I would be interested in picking up some stock wheels.

I was originally hoping to put same wheels on all 4 corners (get total of 2 sets of same wheels, and use 4 front size on all 4 corners for winter, 4 rear size for all 4 corners for summer).
Looking at the spec of stock wheels, fronts and rears have big difference in offsets.
Do you guys think I can put rear wheels on front? (and front ones on rear?)
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:41 PM   #26
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Get winter tires for your factory wheels to CYA this winter.

Buy cheaper aftermarket 20's after this gets sorted out later in the season. It's not a major deal IMO. One winter won't kill your new wheels.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:26 PM   #27
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that as a moderator, I know how admin wants this website organized better than you do. I also wrote the guide on Camaro5 for what belongs in each sub-forum myself (something which I should also do for Camaro6). Please do not tell me what individual sub-forums are supposed to be used for.

If a topic is about wheels and/or tires it belongs in the Wheels & Tires sub-forum. When people a month or a year, or two years, or 5 years from now wonder about the exact same thing you did I would expect them to try and find the answer here over any other place on the site.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:45 PM   #28
Whis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that as a moderator, I know how admin wants this website organized better than you do. I also wrote the guide on Camaro5 for what belongs in each sub-forum myself (something which I should also do for Camaro6). Please do not tell me what individual sub-forums are supposed to be used for.

If a topic is about wheels and/or tires it belongs in the Wheels & Tires sub-forum. When people a month or a year, or two years, or 5 years from now wonder about the exact same thing you did I would expect them to try and find the answer here over any other place on the site.
Maybe he should make a general thread about communication with GM, then mention the wheels. Better yet, I'll do it tomorrow.