Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 01-30-2017, 10:08 PM   #15
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperSmurf View Post
I think the claim for the 1SS A8 is 4.0. The 1ss is like 175LBS lighter, helping it out.

I had to burn the tires a little to get them sticky for the 3.9. My average is about 4.2.
Were you using launch control. I tried some quick runs using no launch control and I only got 4.6. I need to get more practice launching.

Does anyone know if launch control is a BCM or PCM function? If it is a PCM function, can EFI Live or HP Tuners change the parameters?

It seems like everyone thinks they can launch it better than the launch control, which I kind of find hard to believe, unless more spinning and less control is actually more helpful on launch?

Also what kind of locker is in the differential? Does it have clutches? Similar to the G80 in the AAM axels in the trucks?
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:31 PM   #16
HyperSmurf

Drives: 2020 Riverside Blue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
Were you using launch control. I tried some quick runs using no launch control and I only got 4.6. I need to get more practice launching.

Does anyone know if launch control is a BCM or PCM function? If it is a PCM function, can EFI Live or HP Tuners change the parameters?

It seems like everyone thinks they can launch it better than the launch control, which I kind of find hard to believe, unless more spinning and less control is actually more helpful on launch?

Also what kind of locker is in the differential? Does it have clutches? Similar to the G80 in the AAM axels in the trucks?
I did it without launch control, I've never actually used it yet.

I stand corrected on the weight differences between the models . I appreciate y'all keeping me honest!
1971 Firebird Esprit w/ 455
HyperSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:45 PM   #17
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Would there be any advantage of going to a 285 or 295 if it will fit on the stock rim? Or would it look goofy? I just wonder if it would ever be possible to have a street capable setup that would be able to put all power to the ground at all times and not worry about spinning? I'm surprised how good this car hooks as it is stock, but I'm used to trucks. I used to have a duramax with a 500rw tune which got 0 traction, but I could launch in 4x4.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:53 PM   #18
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Lol I tried doing the 0-60 mph a few times, think the best I got was a 4.8 but also had some 5.1 and 5.2 , one thing I found out was you just can't smash the gas or you smoke the tires and go sideways. I could see the car pulling 4 seconds if it had traction though
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote