Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-21-2020, 04:35 PM   #15
BlueDevilZ51

Drives: 15 Corvette E force
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
That's exactly right it would create enormous heat if it was stuck closed.

Did you notice any other wierd things like a hanging idle every now and then?
I just did a cruise datalog after replacing the bypass vacuum hose and confirming the bypass Is operating correctly. My IATs at cruise are still +50*F over ambient temps. That’s the same amount my IATs were above ambient with the bypass vacuum line crushed, keeping my bypass closed.
BlueDevilZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:04 PM   #16
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Hows the coolant level in the system.. maybe you have air in the system. If you have that clear T fill tube that a piece of crap it leaked all the time and caused air bubbles.

It also maybe that you need a better exchanger or a better pump.

My wife is making 615 rwhp and 666 tq. But the SS has a larger grill for the exchanger to work.

Logging on hers at idle for a while it was about 50 over ambient but once moving it comes down to 20 over. Hard 3rd then shift 4th to redline it would get to 150 degrees now this is humid summer weather. Haven't noticed any problems. I do know the traction button on ours has to be off if you just start it and go then make some pulls you can feel timing pulled.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:25 PM   #17
BlueDevilZ51

Drives: 15 Corvette E force
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Hows the coolant level in the system.. maybe you have air in the system. If you have that clear T fill tube that a piece of crap it leaked all the time and caused air bubbles.

It also maybe that you need a better exchanger or a better pump.

My wife is making 615 rwhp and 666 tq. But the SS has a larger grill for the exchanger to work.

Logging on hers at idle for a while it was about 50 over ambient but once moving it comes down to 20 over. Hard 3rd then shift 4th to redline it would get to 150 degrees now this is humid summer weather. Haven't noticed any problems. I do know the traction button on ours has to be off if you just start it and go then make some pulls you can feel timing pulled.
I have the Cordes heavy duty heat exchanger, plus I added a second reservoir. I don’t think I have air in the system and I can see the coolant is flowing well. It’s 32*f here and parked running my IATs weee 89*f. I then drove at light cruise and my IATs went as low as 77*f.
BlueDevilZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote