Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-22-2016, 12:52 PM   #15
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakezed22 View Post
That's just pics of it apart. Everything else is there as far as doors and sunroof and interior. I have it back together now minus front end.
lol, had me concerned for a minute, was hoping you didn't fall into the same pit as us all and wanting a car so bad you'd take just about anything in hopes of making it whole.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 03:40 PM   #16
Jakezed22

Drives: 2014 2SS Camaro
Well you might be a little right.... lol
Jakezed22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:05 PM   #17
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
think of it like the bionic man... put it back together faster, stronger, meaner lol
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:22 PM   #18
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I would try looking to ebay and any other large auction site like amazon or such and locator services for parts, good luck it was gutted and that's too bad they did that like it was all going to be parted out. Shipping in the parts could be spendy on top of the cost and truck freight for the front cradle/cross was the engine there? and what did you spend? that's a check all the boxes deal with it gutted and could cost too much to rebuild if its frame damaged more or other things. The deal is the car was totaled..so salvaged title too so the value stays low, Good luck!. Looks like you need it... and a sway bar, and whole front suspension, hood, bumper, fenders, trans, engine, drive line, exhaust, etc etc etc
And check out the member section for members selling parts...
Old 08-22-2016, 06:28 PM   #19
Existential Lad
Banned

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (BLACK/GRND FX)
You should record the process and upload it to youtube. I'd watch it 100%
Existential Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:25 PM   #20
Jakezed22

Drives: 2014 2SS Camaro
It was intended to be parted out, a guy had bought it from salvage and sold the motor/trans. He dismantled it thinking on parting it but never had much luck, so I approached with a deal to purchase the remaining lot. I have front suspension components minus one broken spindle. And exhaust and all the interior bits and such. Rear end is there also.

Some things I would like to source used would be under hood wiring/fuse box/ ecm

A front cradle is 580 my cost, so not too bad and almost not worth finding used.

My total budget is 15 000 to build this. I'm thinking mild 6.0 in 450 range with a 6 speed.

If I could afford to buy a complete one I would.. lol

What do you guys think it's worth as is right now? Keep in mind I'm from Canada and these salvage v8 cars go for more than 8000 to 9000 up here.
Jakezed22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, camaross, parts, wrecking