Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-29-2019, 08:28 AM   #169
the chosen one

Drives: 2017 Convertible 1SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Very interesting! Do you notice any difference in transmission temps?

I assume you used these?

https://www.lubegard.com/products/red/

https://www.lubegard.com/products/isf/
Correct those are the products I used. And I didn't monitor my transmission temps before I used the Lubegard additives, but my temps stay around 115-130F now.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:45 AM   #170
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by the chosen one View Post
Correct those are the products I used. And I didn't monitor my transmission temps before I used the Lubegard additives, but my temps stay around 115-130F now.
Cool. Got those bookmarked now. I would certainly try something like these before spending big money on a new TC or a transmission "tune", not that I have much of a handle on what that would cost anyway.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:17 PM   #171
shoe5163

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary SS
What is the percentage of people with A8 Camaros who have this issue?
shoe5163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:06 AM   #172
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
So I had the flush done back in October but it was not with the new fluid. Tried to get it done in February when the new fluid was out but the dealership won’t touch it unless it has the shudder when they hook up a Picoscope to tell if it is doing it. Mine did not so the y did not do the flush. Fast forward to today and I stopped at the nearest Chevy dealership to ask about the new fluid flush and that they don’t have to use the Picoscope anymore if you have hard shifts. Got an appointment Wednesday the new fluid flush
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:08 AM   #173
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
So I had the flush done back in October but it was not with the new fluid. Tried to get it done in February when the new fluid was out but the dealership won’t touch it unless it has the shudder when they hook up a Picoscope to tell if it is doing it. Mine did not so the y did not do the flush. Fast forward to today and I stopped at the nearest Chevy dealership to ask about the new fluid flush and that they don’t have to use the Picoscope anymore if you have hard shifts. Got an appointment Wednesday the new fluid flush
Can't go wrong with new fluid, IMO. Is yours currently experiencing the shudder?
Old 08-30-2019, 09:23 AM   #174
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Not yet but the shifts are hard as hell one day and smooth the next and the service guy said that was enough evidence for them to do the flush.
Got the flush done with the new fluid and only time will tell how it holds up. Seems yo be shifting smoother right from the get go

Last edited by dmcmahan60; 09-04-2019 at 11:42 AM.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote