Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-30-2020, 04:18 PM   #15
zaimer

Drives: 2SS M6 Bright Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsreo View Post
Had the in-laws visit when I lived in FL. Father in law was being helpful and organized my garage including moving partially used paint cans onto wire shelving mounted in garage wall.

A few weeks after they left I was watching TV with my wife and heard a loud crash coming from the garage.

The paint was too heavy for the shelving which collapsed and several paint cans crashed onto the hood of my Jeep and burst open.

Entire front of the jeep was covered in paint, which fortunately was water based and washed off, but the cans did leave a dent in my hood
<closes door & just goes back in the house>
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:22 PM   #16
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
This one is a self-inflicted wound from laziness. When stationed in Japan, one of my troops had a Celica XX and his wife backed it up and wrapped the driver's door around the front fender hitting a porch post. I came by and helped him get it strung together enough to get to the hobby shop. I pulled the door, fixed the bent hinges, popped the door skin back out where there was just a bit of a dimple. Looked pretty good actually. Anyway, I lazily put a cotter pin in the doorstop linkage until I could find the proper pin. Dude drives the car to the video store (remember those?), opens the door and a big gust of wind yanks the door out of his hand and wraps it around the front fender. Arrggghhh...
Old 12-30-2020, 04:34 PM   #17
clg82

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Do you remember the model or anything? I know some people see BMW as ~~~BMW~~~, but there's quite a difference between a decade old 3 series and say a late model M3.lol
I couldn't tell you, it was maybe 15 years ago (Jesus I'm getting old) but I do remember it still having the dealership plates on it.....

2018 ZL1 A10 Silver Ice Metallic; Mamo Throttle Body V2, FabTech CAI, Borla Catback Exhaust, M2W Switch - TOTALED

2000 Trans Am Arctic White
clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 05:42 PM   #18
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
Just purchased a brand new fully loaded t- top monte carlo ss, I have to walk 4 blocks to get it out of the garage. Get it out of the garage and park it in front of the house for 5 minutes and some one comes speeding around the corner up my street on the wrong side and plows right into the rear pushing the parked monte 25 feet right into the middle of the street. 1,200 miles and $4800 of damage. Car didn't get totaled but took 2 weeks to get fixed but after that i kept the car for 12 years with 147,000 miles.
Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 05:50 PM   #19
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
was working on my 66 pontiac hotrod and had to pull off the aftermarket steering wheel.removed the nut holding it to the post and pulled.nothing.smacked it a couple times,pulled again.nothing.braced both feet and gave it a hell of a yank,at which time it flew off and it hit me right over the right eyebrow.ever see a cartoon where somebody gets hit in the head and little birds and stars fly around their head?damn near knocked me out,i was feeling woozy.i went into the shop and my buddy says"what happened to you?"
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:20 PM   #20
Jerry300zx

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Bought a brand new Audi q7. The next day my wife goes shopping. Pulls in the garage. We unload the trunk with the tail gate up and out of habit I hit hit garage door close button and the arm from the garage door puts a 8 inch deep scratch into the tail gate.

It's still there to this day.
Jerry300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:10 PM   #21
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
I couldn't tell you, it was maybe 15 years ago (Jesus I'm getting old) but I do remember it still having the dealership plates on it.....
Good memory to share, nonetheless lol
Old 12-30-2020, 11:42 PM   #22
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
It was my first brand new car, a 1980 Camaro, the first time I took it into the dealership for the oil change with only 7500 miles on the clock. They finished the work and as I was driving out of the service bay, the overhead service door came down before I could clear it, I stopped the car and the door kept going up and down on the roof of the car, probably around 3 times before I moved it. They repaired and painted it, but the color match was never right after that. Still think about it anytime I have to make a trip to the dealer.

Memories:

2017 50th Anniversary Camaro Convertible (Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper (Sold)
2005 Lingenfelter Corvette (Sold)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (Sold)
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 11:58 PM   #23
ex-SS-ve

Had a 79 z28 that had a high idle due to the solid roller cam i ran. With that said i would have to shut it off in gear so it wouldnt run on. There was one time i left it in gear and cranked it while i was standing outside of it. That almost went bad but i caught it fast enough to slam it into park.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:15 AM   #24
gtfoxy

Drives: '19 Red Hot ZL1
I have about 3 stupid “mishaps” in my 30yrs of driving.

1) I was in the wife’s 93 Talon TSI going to the store. On the way there I was going by a friends work. Curious if he was working that day I looked to my left & back. Well, the road curved & I wasn’t paying attention & the left front wheel slammed into the curb. Bent the heck out of the rim.

2) I was in a 98 Taurus that I took to get some boxes from a local Uhaul place. They had light poles about every 10’ right in the middle of their parking lot with like 3’ cement barriers around them, but they were only like 3’ high. Get in the car after loading the boxes & backed out of the spot. I could see the poles but completely forgot about the cement encasement & since they were so short I couldn’t see it. Scraped & dented the right rear 1/4 on the damn thing.

3) I came home with my youngest in the SS to get something from the house quickly, so I left the garage door open. I get in & my kid starts talking to me so I’m looking at him talking & I forgot I had the door open & habit takes over. I hit my garage door opener wait a few seconds like I normally do & start backing up. Crash, scrape, Bang!WTF! I put it in drive & pull back in & get out to what the hell happened. The shark fin had caught the lower edge of the garage door. Scraped the shark fin, bent the bottom of the garage door, ripped the door rollers out of the track & busted the drive gear on the opener motor. Had to buy a whole new garage door opener. Touched up the scrapes on the shark fin with touch up paint. It could have been waaaay worse.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:27 AM   #25
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
I can imagine...I feel old remembering certain things, and I'm really not too old at all . I would have loved to see your reaction when that happened!
Old 12-31-2020, 11:18 AM   #26
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
OK, other than hitting my garage (posted in the other unfortunate mishap thread already) I had one other, but not all me.....

In my youth (A LONG time ago! '83 maybe?) was with friends going to pick up a beer keg for a party. I was driving my 1968 Cougar, just put a new engine in and redid most of the body, especially rear quarters. Car was all in primer just waiting for paint. Looked great!
So, open trunk to pop keg in, it was just a bit too big, trunk lid was about 3-4 inches in the air resting on the keg.
Much to my horror, and very much in slow motion (so it seemed!) my friend decides to help.....he jumps up and spins around landing his ass right on my trunk lid! Yup, it closed alright, but it was not a nice tent shape over the keg

Even worse, the trunk lid was one of the few parts that did NOT need repair, until then.......oh boy I was stunned and speechless.
Nothing like an SS is online now   Reply With Quote