Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-31-2020, 11:28 AM   #1
Jerry300zx

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Launch Control

What am I doing wrong?

I come to a stop. Put the car in track mode. Turn off traction control. Push the brake pedal down. Floor the throttle. Instead of going into launch, it starts doing a large burnout. Am I missing something?
Jerry300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:19 PM   #2
LJS-ZLE

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
The PTM mode must be enabled so don't shut off traction control and it should work. Good luck.
LJS-ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 01:14 PM   #3
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS-ZLE View Post
The PTM mode must be enabled so don't shut off traction control and it should work. Good luck.
Double tap traction control button, about 1-2 seconds between taps. Thing can be kinda finicky if pressed to quick. In track mode this enables the ptm ljs is talking about. In sport this enables competition mode which i think also permits use of launch control ( I think?)
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 01:27 PM   #4
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Here's a quick video I did on Line Lock. Steps are the same for Launch control up until the 3 minute mark but that is really all you need to get it working.

I really need to do another video using launch control. It's actually pretty easy to use and will give consistent results.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:58 PM   #5
Vigilante375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry300zx View Post
What am I doing wrong?

I come to a stop. Put the car in track mode. Turn off traction control. Push the brake pedal down. Floor the throttle. Instead of going into launch, it starts doing a large burnout. Am I missing something?
What you need to do is to STOMP the gas pedal to the floor. That is how the car realizes that you are wanting to use launch control.

Also, go into the settings to setup the launch control. I keep mine around 1600 or 1700 RPMs with the slip target around 9%.

Someone did a test and found that not using launch control yields better, more consistent results.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:09 PM   #6
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
What you need to do is to STOMP the gas pedal to the floor. That is how the car realizes that you are wanting to use launch control.

Also, go into the settings to setup the launch control. I keep mine around 1600 or 1700 RPMs with the slip target around 9%.

Someone did a test and found that not using launch control yields better, more consistent results.
No need to stomp on anything... it works or it doesn't... stomp or not

Also, it's well known with practice turning everything off and not using LC will yield better results but definitely not more consistent results. It takes practice and best to start off using LC.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:15 PM   #7
Vigilante375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
No need to stomp on anything... it works or it doesn't... stomp or not

Also, it's well known with practice turning everything off and not using LC will yield better results but definitely not more consistent results. It takes practice and best to start off using LC.
I have to stomp on mine or it starts to buck like a bronco and tries to do a burnout.

You do have to press fast and firmly so the car knows you're using launch control.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:27 PM   #8
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
I have to stomp on mine or it starts to buck like a bronco and tries to do a burnout.

You do have to press fast and firmly so the car knows you're using launch control.
definitely no need to be slow with it.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 08:47 PM   #9
JasonGofast
Used to own a ZL1

Drives: '16 Z06
Make sure your RPMS aren't too high and you're stepping on the brake to the point to where the bar is filled up. I have found on the stock good years the traction breaks if you hold the RPMS too high. Make sure to hold the brake as hard as you can.
JasonGofast is offline   Reply With Quote