Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2019, 09:06 AM   #617
rallenrpd
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 33
I ordered the throttle controller this weekend to compliment my SOLER throttle body. Excited to see the results.
rallenrpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:39 PM   #618
Eldi Z
 
Drives: 17 'SS 1LE & 16' SEAT Leon FR 1.8T
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: TLV
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallenrpd View Post
I ordered the throttle controller this weekend to compliment my SOLER throttle body. Excited to see the results.
How do you like the performance of the TB so far? Compared to the OE?
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:52 AM   #619
LimaTangoOne
 
Drives: '16 2SS M6 Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
How do you like the performance of the TB so far? Compared to the OE?
You weren't asking me, but I just installed this on mine. I love it so far. The difference is so noticeable to me, that I'm having to think about how I'm shifting again during normal/light acceleration.

I haven't daily-driven a manual in many years. This car is still new to me, and I'm admittedly not very smooth shifting this manual, especially from 1st to 2nd. I feel the new TB, in doing what we want it to do, has made me have to adjust my shifting a bit more, due to the immediate blip of power right off of closed throttle.
LimaTangoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:52 PM   #620
Eldi Z
 
Drives: 17 'SS 1LE & 16' SEAT Leon FR 1.8T
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: TLV
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaTangoOne View Post
You weren't asking me, but I just installed this on mine. I love it so far. The difference is so noticeable to me, that I'm having to think about how I'm shifting again during normal/light acceleration.

I haven't daily-driven a manual in many years. This car is still new to me, and I'm admittedly not very smooth shifting this manual, especially from 1st to 2nd. I feel the new TB, in doing what we want it to do, has made me have to adjust my shifting a bit more, due to the immediate blip of power right off of closed throttle.
Lima Tango 1 I like it. Are you in some kind of Signal Corps unit or a Ham Radio ?
Anyway, thanks for chiming it. I just got mine from Soler and not had time to install it yet. Good to know what to expect
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:48 PM   #621
DiGiam
 
DiGiam's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Valdosta
Posts: 405
I Dont know what the surging is in this case but i can only tell you what my experience was with my first ported throttle body. I had one of the first ported throttle bodies for the 6th gen and it was opened up good with the throttle blade shaft cut down like this one. I experienced the surge you are all talking about. I was able to data log it and saw what it was doing in HP tuner. The best way i can describe it is the computer is seeing way more airflow than it can compensate for so it is sitting there opening and closing the throttle body and causing that the surging you're feeling. There is a fine line on how much can be taken away/ported before the computer acts up and it requires a tune. In my case I just went back to the stock TB and it immediately went away. anything over about 28% throttle input was fine but under that it would surge with the ported one. I later ported my own following what id learned listening to others and the surging went away but the throttle response wasnt as good either. I sold my car back in january because the A8 is an enormous piece of shit but im sure this surge could have been fixed in the tune but i never dug into it that far.
__________________
2016 NFG 1SS A8. Pray ported intake manifold, Rotofab dry cai, kooks 2" catted longtubes, E85,
DiGiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 03:40 PM   #622
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

 
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Alabama
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
I Dont know what the surging is in this case but i can only tell you what my experience was with my first ported throttle body. I had one of the first ported throttle bodies for the 6th gen and it was opened up good with the throttle blade shaft cut down like this one. I experienced the surge you are all talking about. I was able to data log it and saw what it was doing in HP tuner. The best way i can describe it is the computer is seeing way more airflow than it can compensate for so it is sitting there opening and closing the throttle body and causing that the surging you're feeling. There is a fine line on how much can be taken away/ported before the computer acts up and it requires a tune. In my case I just went back to the stock TB and it immediately went away. anything over about 28% throttle input was fine but under that it would surge with the ported one. I later ported my own following what id learned listening to others and the surging went away but the throttle response wasnt as good either. I sold my car back in january because the A8 is an enormous piece of shit but im sure this surge could have been fixed in the tune but i never dug into it that far.
Just want to clarify, for others that may skim over this text, that DiGiam's TB is NOT one of our TB's. There is definitely an amount of modification that is too much, and we know that fine line that divides a TB for stock tune vs. one that needs custom tuning. We also know that there is no one-size-fits-all, that is why we have 4ea configurations, one for each engine and transmission combination.

Thanks,
__________________
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:49 AM   #623
Chris C 1SS 1LE
 
Chris C 1SS 1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Brooks, GA
Posts: 684
Like what I have. Smoothed it out. Advantage moving to your product for me would be, sir?

Thx.
__________________
'17 Bright Yellow 1LE. PDR, STB, !CAGS
Borla 60606, 11925. Tony Mamo ported TB, ROTOFAB, !Sound Tube
Chris C 1SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:10 PM   #624
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
guapo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cview
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo View Post
Sure let me know when would be good after the 8th of November I have alots of work until then
well do you still need to log some data, please let me know.
__________________
2017 LT2/RS, 50th addition. Airaid CAI, Solo Performance Axle back, sunroof, Smoked Led Markers
guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:43 PM   #625
OVRKLL
 
Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 579
Loving my Soler TB!
I had some surging issues, but comes to find out it was the tune that I had on the car, and NOT the TB.
This TB is as good as Mike's customer service!
He sent me different TBs to try out and see if the surging would go away, and he paid the shipping...you don't see that with automotive aftermarket parts world!


However, once I removed the aggressive tune, which turned out to be too aggressive according to my tuner, the surging went away.
All along it was not the TB, and yet Mike has always been there to see that I get what I paid for!

If you're going to purchase a TB, you owe it to yourself to get a Soler TB, you won't regret it!
Now I'm looking at the throttle controller, and hope to eventually get one of these.

I know it will be a great purchase and well worth it!

Enjoy the Ride!
Thanks Mike for all your patience, advice and tenacity to get it right!
You practice Kina'ole to the letter!
__________________
The Thrill isn't around the corner, the Thrill is the corner!
So don't hesitate, just brake late!
OVRKLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:42 AM   #626
Blue_6.2
Banned
 
Blue_6.2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Oxford, NC
Posts: 183
You will LOVE the controller.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:54 PM   #627
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

 
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Alabama
Posts: 352
Soler Prf. TB+TC=Total Throttle Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo View Post
well do you still need to log some data, please let me know.
Thanks, guapo. We've got the logs we needed. We'll have LGX parts by the end of the month, beginning of January. Thx.
__________________
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:35 PM   #628
beedo
 
Drives: 18 2SS 1LE NFG
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_6.2 View Post
You will LOVE the controller.
Yes the controller is badass, just have to dial it down in traffic sometimes because I'll get the car bucking lol. Run 1.9 in town and 2.6 on the highway.
Mike, is the normal setting what is is like without the controller connected, or is it dialed down some. I know eco you have to damn near floor it to move, I have used it in heavy rains.
beedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:01 PM   #629
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

 
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Alabama
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedo View Post
Yes the controller is badass, just have to dial it down in traffic sometimes because I'll get the car bucking lol. Run 1.9 in town and 2.6 on the highway.
Mike, is the normal setting what is is like without the controller connected, or is it dialed down some. I know eco you have to damn near floor it to move, I have used it in heavy rains.
Thanks, beedo. Yes, Normal setting is stock response or for those w/ a tune the tuned response.
__________________
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:19 PM   #630
OVRKLL
 
Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_6.2 View Post
You will LOVE the controller.
Great!
I'll find out this weekend, as I placed my order yesterday, and was notified it shipped. Should arrive either Friday or Saturday.
__________________
The Thrill isn't around the corner, the Thrill is the corner!
So don't hesitate, just brake late!
OVRKLL is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.