Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-19-2018, 06:39 PM   #1
johna

Drives: 2015 White Z28
Clear Bra Locations

I am considering tracking the car next year and thought I should put on some clear bra.

I have a quote for around 2000 for a 3M product to do the entire front, the full hood, full front fenders, mirrors, the black side rocker panels and impact areas of the front rear quarter panels. I'm trying to protect that nice white paint.

Any other suggestions or areas that get hit pretty bad with rubber that I should protect?
johna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:01 AM   #2
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
I dont have bra anywhere on my car. You have most of the impact areas covered, though I do get rubber on the doors and edge of the roof that meets the windshield, and sometimes (rare) on the top of the rear fenders from random flying debris. Make sure they cover the WHOLE mirror not just the top edge. Its actually the bottom of the mirror that gets beat up the most. You will be doing just fine with all of that covered, and only really have to worry about the occasional rubber mark on the doors and random areas.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:30 AM   #3
j o n

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #0058
Got Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF installed on the:
-front splitter
-full front bumper
-full hood
-full front fender flares
-black portion of rocker panels
-impact area on rear quarters
-full rear fender flares
-black portion of rear bumper

Got Xpel Prime CS 20% tint installed on the door glass (back windows were already done).

$2,500

Xpel is great because they have essentially a no questions asked 10 yr warranty.

- '15 Z/28 #0058 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
- '22 Ridgeline RTL | White | Ebony, '22 CR-V EX-L Hybrid | White | Ebony
Sold:
- '15 Z/28 #0048 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
https://www.instagram.com/__jon__athan__/
j o n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
johna

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2018, 09:48 AM   #5
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
I did Xpel Ultimate - custom (no pre-cut pieces) - did entire front from splitter, bumper, hood, both front fenders, mirrors, then did the doors below the line about halfway up the door (see white car in photo above and you will note the line) which hides the seam very well. Then behind the rear wheels, to the rear bumper.

Cost was $2,500 took the installers all day to complete.
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:33 PM   #6
johna

I had the 3M clear bra put on the car today. I had added a some extra things like the entire rear quarter panel; part of the roof; and half way up the door. The cost was around 2500 and it took all day to do. I am happy with everything except the very front of the car. The front splitter is fine; but the painted areas by the headlights and below have some odd cuts near both the ride and left side. When I arrived to pick up the car today; the installer had already left so I'm not sure if this is normal or if the front needs to be redone.

For those of you that have the clear bra...does the clear bra run seamless to the corners by the headlights or stop short? Likewise just above the splitter / spoiler does the clear bra run smooth or have some odd cuts. Finally, in the very center of the bumper there's a "v" there too.

I tried to point these out in the following pictures.

Take a look and let me know if your clear bra has these...

Doesn't seem I can get the pictures to upload in the rotation...it keeps changing. Anyway curious if this is normal or if I should get the front redone.
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2018, 09:20 PM   #7
Daytona Camaro

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Bras have come a long way since the 1980s.

I have no affiliation with Colgan Bra.

Daytona Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:46 PM   #8
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I use road warrior plus:

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...r#post10104726

https://www.roadwarriorplus.com/

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:03 AM   #9
j o n

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #0058
Quote:
Originally Posted by johna View Post
I had the 3M clear bra put on the car today. I had added a some extra things like the entire rear quarter panel; part of the roof; and half way up the door. The cost was around 2500 and it took all day to do. I am happy with everything except the very front of the car. The front splitter is fine; but the painted areas by the headlights and below have some odd cuts near both the ride and left side. When I arrived to pick up the car today; the installer had already left so I'm not sure if this is normal or if the front needs to be redone.

For those of you that have the clear bra...does the clear bra run seamless to the corners by the headlights or stop short? Likewise just above the splitter / spoiler does the clear bra run smooth or have some odd cuts. Finally, in the very center of the bumper there's a "v" there too.

I tried to point these out in the following pictures.

Take a look and let me know if your clear bra has these...

Doesn't seem I can get the pictures to upload in the rotation...it keeps changing. Anyway curious if this is normal or if I should get the front redone.
I have similar seams on my frontend with Xpel precut PPF, just the natural of the beast. Frontend has so many compounded features, especially around the headlights.

Installers cut the material at their shop on a machine programed for the template, they can extend the edges if they choose. Like my hood, they did so to tuck the PPF under the extractor... rather than outline it
- '15 Z/28 #0058 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
- '22 Ridgeline RTL | White | Ebony, '22 CR-V EX-L Hybrid | White | Ebony
Sold:
- '15 Z/28 #0048 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
https://www.instagram.com/__jon__athan__/
j o n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:53 PM   #10
johna

Quote:
Originally Posted by j o n View Post
I have similar seams on my frontend with Xpel precut PPF, just the natural of the beast. Frontend has so many compounded features, especially around the headlights.

Installers cut the material at their shop on a machine programed for the template, they can extend the edges if they choose. Like my hood, they did so to tuck the PPF under the extractor... rather than outline it
Thanks Jon,

Makes sense; I also went back today and the company wanted to make sure I was 100% happy so they fixed a few things that I was not comfortable with...overall I'm very happy with everything now.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:38 AM   #11
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
I would look into a full vinyl wrap in the color of your dreams. That would preserve the factory paint forever or until you get into an accident (i hope never).
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote