Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 02-20-2018, 02:44 PM   #85
Hms31093

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Late to the party, but which product is better/easier to apply by hand. Don't have access to tools as I am in an apt complex parked in the underground garage.
Hms31093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:06 PM   #86
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hms31093 View Post
Late to the party, but which product is better/easier to apply by hand. Don't have access to tools as I am in an apt complex parked in the underground garage.
Both are just spray or wipe on then buff.
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:17 PM   #87
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Just an update to this, in a recent washing, the reload side, beaded SLIGHTLY better, but still no real difference between the two in appearance.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #88
GM Lifer

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS in Red Hot
Okay, you've got me interested in the CarPro stuff. Looking online, though, I see several products that say "CarPro Essence" PLUS something else, like "Plus," "Extreme Gloss Enhancer," yada yada. We're talking just plain CarPro Essence here, followed by the Reload, right?
GM Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #89
Glen e

Old 02-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #90
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Lifer View Post
Okay, you've got me interested in the CarPro stuff. Looking online, though, I see several products that say "CarPro Essence" PLUS something else, like "Plus," "Extreme Gloss Enhancer," yada yada. We're talking just plain CarPro Essence here, followed by the Reload, right?
Yep you just want CarPro Essence and Reload. No Essence Plus.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:10 PM   #91
GM Lifer

Okay, thanks! Picture paints a thousand words.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:42 PM   #92
Hms31093

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
How is the Essence without the reload? Also, kind of confused. Do you have to strip wash before using this stuff and do you have to do that every time you reapply? From my understanding, the essence is more of a paste and the reload is a spray?
Hms31093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:44 PM   #93
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hms31093 View Post
How is the Essence without the reload? Also, kind of confused. Do you have to strip wash before using this stuff and do you have to do that every time you reapply? From my understanding, the essence is more of a paste and the reload is a spray?
Essence is a polish, reload is the sealant. You polish to get the surface reflective/clean, and then you seal in the gloss so it stays that way, with the reload . pull up each of these in the autogeek store to get a good description.

You really only use the essence to prep the surface. From then on you can use the reload quarterly, and then do the whole thing over annually. There is nothing trick or new about this process. As seen in this autogeek document, the essence is the pre-wax cleanser and polish, and the reload is the sealant:
Old 02-20-2018, 05:10 PM   #94
GM Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Glen, you may recall that I'm the guy who posted a while back about water spots from a rogue sprinkler head. I used Meguiar's Ultimate Polish with a buffer and polishing pad to get rid of most of the hard water stains, but in the right light I can still find ghost-like edges where the spots were. Since Essence is a polish, I presume it may help with this residual staining?
Old 02-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #95
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Lifer View Post
Glen, you may recall that I'm the guy who posted a while back about water spots from a rogue sprinkler head. I used Meguiar's Ultimate Polish with a buffer and polishing pad to get rid of most of the hard water stains, but in the right light I can still find ghost-like edges where the spots were. Since Essence is a polish, I presume it may help with this residual staining?
It may help, but if I wanted to get rid of it completley I would use a med/soft pad on speed 3 and Meguires 105. and then alcohol wipe down, then do the essence…essence is a very fine cleaner polish, not something that usually corrects the surface.

I had to do this on my 13 Camaro where the hood got stained with a garden sprinkler.

This is assuming that you try the essence in a test spot containing the marks, and it doesn't work
Old 02-20-2018, 05:25 PM   #96
GM Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
It may help, but if I wanted to get rid of it completley I would use a med/soft pad on speed 3 and Meguires 105. and then alcohol wipe down, then do the essence…essence is a very fine cleaner polish, not something that usually corrects the surface.

I had to do this on my 13 Camaro where the hood got stained with a garden sprinkler.

This is assuming that you try the essence in a test spot containing the marks, and it doesn't work
Good stuff. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:56 PM   #97
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Lurking and reading the good info in this forum convinced me to try CarPro Reload. As my car was new, I just went ahead and used it solo, and the results have been great. I'd like to try their Essence but was wondering about the application.

Most people tend to use a polisher, but how hard is it to apply by hand? Also, would something like Dawn remove the Reload, or should get their Eraser?

Thanks for any info!
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:02 PM   #98
Glen e

It applies fine by hand, dawn wash the car, apply the essence, then apply the reload. However if I were you, I'd leave it alone, it's not worth that much add'l gloss that I would take off a good application of reload.....maybe wait 6 to 8 months when you see the reload dissipating.