Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-19-2019, 03:18 PM   #15
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnwiz View Post
I do think that episode highlighted what has happened in many areas of this country, the loss of those type of manufacturing jobs and such. Sorry for the social commentary.

I was surprised that the Hennesy ZL1 didn't do better in the 1/4, but I always thought they overstated their engine output. It's also crazy what they charge for the engine/graphic package. Check out their price for the drag package (what was it for the Demon, a $1?).
We can thank NAFTA for the loss of so many manufacturing jobs.

As far as the Hennesy vs the Demon... I think if the Hennesy had better tires the outcome would have been different. But, most of what these guys do is staged.

It is entertainment, not factual reporting. So, I tend to enjoy it for what it is...
Old 01-20-2019, 04:18 PM   #16
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
Very good episode, the drag race between the exorcist and demon was great but the demon had the edge with traction, still the exorcist didn’t pull it on it like the extra HP would suggest. Would make for a great 1/2 mile race. And as fast as the Senna is, it’s pretty ugly.
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:58 PM   #17
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Clarkson is all about Ford. Putting Captain Slow in the most powerful car of them all didn't do Camaro any favors. It was probably still the best handling and most capable all around car of the three (ZL1), but they made it out to be a total brute.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:36 PM   #18
NASTY_1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I wanna drive that demon
Old 01-20-2019, 08:06 PM   #19
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
It definitely wasn't making 1000hp judging by how it ran with the Mustang and Demon... but it's Hennesy... are we really expecting anything legitimate? I can't believe that guy is still getting exposure after all the crap he's done to customers.
Totally agree. It only put a few car lengths on the 720 HP Mustang, then got pulled by the 840 HP Demon. Ironically, the Demon pulled away on the second half of the run, which is where the Exorcists 1000 HP should have shined...
Old 01-20-2019, 08:14 PM   #20
AKI.SILES

Drives: 2SS FIFTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnwiz View Post
It's not just the USA that they have done that to. I don't remember if it was when they were on Top Gear, or the Grand Tour going through the newly built (but deserted) Airport in Spain as well as the abandoned towns.

I do think that episode highlighted what has happened in many areas of this country, the loss of those type of manufacturing jobs and such. Sorry for the social commentary.

I was surprised that the Hennesy ZL1 didn't do better in the 1/4, but I always thought they overstated their engine output. It's also crazy what they charge for the engine/graphic package. Check out their price for the drag package (what was it for the Demon, a $1?).
Hi. It is very Britis, to remove the dirty rags of other nations while they get the garbage to the eyebrows. It is a British cultural heritage, particularly English, so "good" goes with the "Brexit", they are unique but to get into trouble on their own.
To Spain come millions of vacations, we also have the largest colony of Britons in the world, and they end up launching from balconies of hotels to pools and there are always victims. They should be seen by psychologists.
Although I must say that I know many Brits and thank God not all are like that. ��♂️��♂️��♂️
Old 01-20-2019, 08:19 PM   #21
Whocares05050

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecyclone View Post
After most builds hit 600 Hp, putting that power down is hard to accomplish for a "Street Car". I helped build a 600Hp GT 500 and that's how I know. Owner was so scared he ended up selling his car.

When you get old enough and have done it before sometimes there is such a thing as too much and over doing it. IMO

I see so many guys throw a ton of money making their cars faster who never intend on racing it and just daily drive it and at some point its not fun anymore cause its too much to daily drive.
Whocares05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:02 PM   #22
CaliSpecial

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8 Convertible
As a Brit I have to agree with most of the comments on here. Sadly, the entire show is scripted garbage so please don’t mistake it for a serious motoring programme. It is purely for entertainment and in that capacity it excels. I was entertained, but more than a little annoyed about the amount of mis-information it contained. For example, they kept saying the Camaro was a bone stock car when in fact it was a ZL1, which already has updated brakes, suspension etc. They also said it was a bone stock Corvette engine Which would be the LT1 when we all know that car has an LT4.

Unfortunately anything headed by Clarkson is always going to be Ford biased which is why they went out of their way to ridicule the Camaro and the Demon at every opportunity. Oh, and a 700+ hp Mustang for 40k! Really? In what reality does that happen? As I said... an entertainment show, nothing more.

As for Brexit, I couldn’t be more embarrassed or humiliated by the conduct of our government at this moment in time :(
CaliSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:20 PM   #23
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
40k pounds = 52000 us dollars.

Edit : the spec2 RTR is less than 50k,so Jeremy was accurate.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:44 AM   #24
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
It was a fun episode... but it's all just for laughs and playing up stereotypes. The ZL1 definitely had the best braking and suspension setup of that bunch - the Demon comes with smaller brakes because of the wheels and I can't imagine anything aftermarket on a Mustang is noticeably better than a stock ZL1.

That Senna scorched the GT lap record though! That's one seriously impressive car O_O
Old 01-22-2019, 04:05 AM   #25
CaliSpecial

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
40k pounds = 52000 us dollars.

Edit : the spec2 RTR is less than 50k,so Jeremy was accurate.
I stand corrected
CaliSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:34 AM   #26
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Looking at their website, the Spec2 is suspension and appearance, no blower. They have no pricing listed for the Spec3 (with blower), but I'm guessing it'll push $20k by their other pricing. That's on top of the car...

$52k is sticker on a reasonably optioned PP1 Mustang...
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:48 AM   #27
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Being a metro-Detroit native, I found the episode more than a bit myopic. The bulk of the episode was a barricaded few blocks of Detroit's east side, around the Packard plant. For a few seconds of screen-time they showed Campus Martius in downtown, but they basically used the abandonded east side as a narrative that all of Detroit is vacant. I get it, it's just an entertainment show, so don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

...and that's where I'm miffed. Is this the first episode where they didn't actually go anywhere? They certainly didn't tour anywhere or do anything other than burnouts in abandoned factories. What happened to a grand adventure? I'm hoping the rest of the season isn't this static.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:47 AM   #28
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
I thoroughly enjoy watching the crew do their thing. The chemistry is fantastic, and production quality has always been top notch. If they did exactly what they did the 1st episode for 13 weeks, I’d gladly plop my ass in front of the tv with a beer and watch every Friday. It’s nice to get a break from the otherwise serious world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote